Sign in to follow this  
Pretensioner

How alive is multiplayer in this game?

Thinking of buying this game. Play OFP DR but the multiplayer is dead on that game. I'm a CTF/DM style player.

Thanks.

Not much alive for CTF/DM. This gamestyle is not a strong point of ArmA2, the animations do not go well with CQB fast gameplay

Yet original flashpoint was very good for this style of play? What is so different?

Is multiplayer for ctf as alive as OFP:resistance was?

Edited by Pretensioner

The CTF/DM scene isn't as strong as in Resistance but it's still there. IMHO the combat feel is much better than in OFP, aiming is faster and more precise if you know what you're doing, and there is no such faggotry as the "right rule" that makes you impossible to hit if you peek from a corner with your rifle only.

SBS server is CTF/Dm 95% of the time,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, although its up all week, the busiest days are Sunday, Tues and Thurs,, U welcome to join it buddy.... Most of the peeps that play on it are the same as you,,,, Old skool OFP players....

Good that they sorted cornering out Celery.

That sounds good Taxman.

I guess one way of asking how alive multiplayer is, is this: Are you able find a CTF game every time you search no matter which day/time? (with a max waiting time of 2-3 minutes)

Good that they sorted cornering out Celery.

That sounds good Taxman.

I guess one way of asking how alive multiplayer is, is this: Are you able find a CTF game every time you search no matter which day/time? (with a max waiting time of 2-3 minutes)

hope not.ctf(in small areas) and especially DM are the best game-mode to wast the potential of this game.in my opinion.

Alas, no. Although I hope that with Operation Arrowhead coming out soon(ish) we might see a pick-up in numbers.

@LegendKiller... yawn - we've heard it all before and it wasn't even all that interesting the first time so why don't you climb back under your rock and stop trolling ?

Edited by sbsmac

Pretensioner, what is your location? If it is in North America, pretty much your only option with regard to CTF/DM style play is the C5 server.

The project reality fellas are trying to rejuvenate the PvP in arma, but I am not sure that's the kind of gameplay you're looking for either (I guessing more like old-school CTF/DM where you get to poon noobs and what have you, right?).

I believe most of the PvP groups run by schedule, so you will have to check your times and then show up on the hour to play.

@LegendKiller... yawn - we've heard it all before and it wasn't even all that interesting the first time so why don't you climb back under your rock and stop trolling ?

lol what? first i really don't care if is interesting or not my observation,im here to show mi ideas not to try to be interesting.

and secondary i'm sure you dont know the sense of the word "trolling".

because giving an opinion concerning a game-mode, in a polite and calm way,

is not trolling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

as you can see by this definition,is not me the troll between me and you.

i haven't reserved this aggressivity.

bah,there is some people....

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

Killer - every time CTF or DM in these forums in any context you can guarantee that someone will pop up and mention, BF2, bunny-hopping, immature kids, haxxors, attention-span, wasted potential, arma2 being designed for other game-types, skill vs reflexes etc etc Since I think I've mentioned all the relevant keywords perhaps we can let this thread get back on topic, ie where can the OP find CTF games ? ;-)

Killer - every time CTF or DM in these forums in any context you can guarantee that someone will pop up and mention, BF2, bunny-hopping, immature kids, haxxors, attention-span, wasted potential, arma2 being designed for other game-types, skill vs reflexes etc etc Since I think I've mentioned all the relevant keywords perhaps we can let this thread get back on topic, ie where can the OP find CTF games ? ;-)

okok np

just remember,that was my post:

hope not.ctf(in small areas) and especially DM are the best game-mode to wast the potential of this game.in my opinion.

nothing so rude....

i will never talk about ctf/dm again :p

I prefer bigger maps anyway!

Wow so there's not even a game on a lot of the time? Christ there's even still at least one ctf in Operation Flashpoint all the time!

I play CTF EVERY night I come on buddy.... never play anything else, except DM

LOL... not every night.... just every night I come on..............:) but yes I agree it doesnt show......... but I do try.... tbf im getting old.. the hands are getting slower... the eyesight is shit... :)