Sign in to follow this  
fixOPFsoundsplease

Why do I have to be Online for a MP game

Unless I dial my ISP the game wont let me start a Multiplayer game....I just play with AI and want to play offline...because MP games are better because of respawn and other cool things that single play dont have.

Please tell me, is there a way to play without connecting to the internet? I can play when connected, but if a disconnect it just quits the in-game and reports 'lost session' in white text in the top corner...

Maybe there is a setting to disable server things...so you dont _have_ to be online to launch a game....if for example you just wanna play, or you are making and editing and testing Multi-P missions.

copy the map u want to play out of the multiplayer mission folder and put it into the single player mission folder then go to single player missions and play.

I too cant play mp missions unless im connected to the internet so would someone like to explain why??by the way it also happens when trying to start one on a lan.

you can't

think about, Trying to play MP off line

it just does not make any sense

you're basically hosting a game and need to transmit to the world where you are

(Edited by RN Malboeuf at 9:25 am on Nov. 16, 2001)

What he wants to do is play the MP maps with AIs, without any other human players. That's a reasonable thing to do, and a good way to practice or explore missions -- I also tend to do it while waiting for my buddies to show up online.

Unfortunately, unless OFP detects an active network adapter (real or dial-up), you can't do this. What is needed is some sort of dial-up connection simulator.

Yeah RN, We want to play MP offline with AI only...no humans, no online activities at all.

BIs should disable the network adapter check/need so people can play MP game with AI-only and test their MP maps offline.

Please include this in da next patch.

I also noticed this missing feature since 1.30. It works when connecting my network adapter to a hub. Alas still being alone in this intranet it works fine.

Maybe there's an option to disable the "report to gamespy"-feature like with the dedicated server.cfgż

Tell me they DIDN’T DO THIS. I use to start MP off line all the time, has this really BEEN changed? Why would they? It’s the best way to debug a mission and see if you want to release it. I just had to click multi then pick a mission, from there was just like you where on line.

I recon you could just tell windows that you use LAN for internet? (internet connection wizard). I'm using LAN to access the internet - the OFP 1.30 doesnt seem to check if I actually have a working connection (or accept that the internet has been somehow reduced smile.gif

OIV

Sure, you can do that, but it requires a NIC -- while you can buy Ethernet cards for less than $20 and assign a static IP address to it to eliminate the need for a DHCP server on the non-existent LAN, it seems really hokey to have to do this just to play the MP missions by yourself.

Well Last year I had Cable...1 meg up and down...and it was running through an NIC..I got booted in Feburary this year...because I was getting around 5 gigs a day of MP3; Napster was just about gone then, so it was a huge leeching and mooching fest..

So I think still, Its BS, to have to do that...I'll have to pay the cost of a phone call - thats the problem Bohemia, if I wanna play MP with AI only, for all the cool modes that arent in Single Player...such as Respawn and longer battles etc...

Good reason I should be able to start MP games OFFLINE!!!

1) I'm a MP mission editor, and I NEED to check them!!!!

2) I own two computer, and I usually play whit my brother!

other coming...

Off-line multi player game works the same as it always has. Select multi and then new. Think the guy was trying to pull my leg?

when you do that you're actually hosting a Net game for all to join, this is how i test my MP missions, I just throw a lock on it

now as for not using the net in MP play it just dont work and I dont see the need when you can just copy/move the mission over to SP directory

so what if you cant fly as a bird or respawn

I want a millio dollars dont see me asking any one for it

tounge.gif

(Edited by RN Malboeuf at 10:34 am on Nov. 18, 2001)

RN ?resisted nurse? Nope you’re wrong. I'm a dial up modem so I just don't log on. It’s just like playing SP with more options.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Unless I dial my ISP the game wont let me start a Multiplayer game....I just play with AI and want to play offline...because MP games are better because of respawn and other cool things that single play dont have.

<span id='postcolor'>

as you can see here he states that the game WONT start yet it does for you?

OFP needs to conect to the net, it wont run like he's stated

I think your wrong and he's right smile.gif

Bucko? I came up with that one years ago before your not too quick wit did

and it's REGISTERED NURSES you twit, if your going to be a wit about our Squad Name then atleast spell it right

read siggy smile.gif

(Edited by RN Malboeuf at 6:41 pm on Nov. 19, 2001)

I'm playing MP-missions without the need of an internet connection. Don't now why it is possible for me. I'll check this evening and let you know tomorrow.

I have Win XP, but i played MP games earlier on win98 to, so thats not the point. I have no other network adapters installed, except my ISDN card

my specs:

AMD Athlon 500

TNT2 Ultra

392 MB RAM

WIN XP

ISDN internet conenction

RN ?resisted nurse? = This happens to the ugly ones!

Nope you’re wrong. Like I said I have dial-up modem and it doesn’t check if I’m online.

And I have hosted games also.

Dang spell checker

Nah!, it stands for 'Royal Navy', Now bend over and say @aaarrrgghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Don't know if its new to 1.30 or just a quirk that affects some computers.

I have never been able to get an MP games going without an internet connection. No reported errors, game just doesn't start.