wraith_v

ATTN NOOBIES! - New to ArmA II or OA - Here's the place for your questions

Your main directory is your main Arma2 folder or OA whichever you got.

it should be C:\Program Files\Atari\Bis\something,

I dont know the exact line but by default it should be in your c drive under program files

Idk because this is E:\Games\Arma2 is

my folder address as I have a 2nd hardrive I run the game on.

Do I take it out of the Store folder?

no, extract it, and inside it is a folder called userconfig, that needs to go into your main directory!

the userconfig is all you want and need, put that in your main directory.

the mpmissions, missions and function library folders are zipped, do I need to move those too?

leave the fucntions library.

the mpmissions are mp mission for Ace, extract that folder, and put all those files into your main directory mp missions folder,

if you want, you dont need the missions to play unless of course you dont know how to use the sp editor, or mp editor,

but the mpmissions are up to you do what you want with them, throw em out, leave them, it dont matter it wont hurt nothing,

but you do need the userconfig, without that ace is not playable.

If your going to use mods then always have direct access to your main game directory, for me I have a shortcut on my desktop,

as I am always building mp missions, and working with mods. 100% of all mod files will go into the main directory,

if they are not there then the mod wont work.

How do I make the buildings NOT randomly appear? I want them all to render, not for them to render in low resolutions.

What setting controls when objects appear in your view?

How do I make the buildings NOT randomly appear? I want them all to render, not for them to render in low resolutions.

What setting controls when objects appear in your view?

Yeah, I would love that one too.. How the hell can we control LOD in this game???

Hey guys, I know this is a noob question but im sick of WoW and wanting to get Arma 2. Can my computer handle it with a Intel pentium Dual CPU E2140 @160hz and a GeForce 9400GT? Thanks for your time.

To answer some questions, for the rendering of buildings try increasing your view distance,

that may help but I dont think it will be the definite answer.

for denverdf

Intel pentium Dual CPU E2140 @160hz and a GeForce 9400GT?

It should work considering its a duel core, you may have to run on all low settings but

what i suggest is to get the demo first before you buy:

http://www.arma2.com/demo/arma-2-demo.html

also when asking about your computer if it will run belongs in this thread

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=72181

I know you didn't know that so its no big deal, but if you have computer questions

in the future then refer to that thread.

hope that helps.

Salute ARMA-soldiers and Hi all, :)

I am obviously new to ARMA2 and I've read through many threads in this forum. This helpful and active community here is much appreciated - my respect.

May I ask a question referring to the bootcamp training mission 05 "War Welcome".

Yes, the south of Utes is quickly taken including the airfield. But then the trouble begins for me. Although I was succesful in taking the fortification between the airfield and Kameny, the enemy always got it back after a while. So, for hours (of playingtime) we are in a battle around that fortification (while I got ten times shot). :rolleyes: I once made it through the lines with a tank to Kameny but got shot at the end by a myriade of red soldiers there.

Now, although the situation is in fact simulating a real war situation, is this the way how the bootcamp trainig mission 05 is supposed to work?

How long can this seesaw last?

What can I do to step forward to Kameny?

It seems to me that the enemy is bringing up 2 new soldiers in the time I've shot 1

While I am fighting at the front, my own AI-army-fellows stay around the HQ or around the airfield, rarely I can see a couple of Humvees passing by before they get shot down.

Sorry for that noob question, but I am really new here. Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Galaxy

P.S. BTW, I am really enjoying ARMA2 and I am willing to learn. :292:

Edited by Galaxy

Yeah, I would love that one too.. How the hell can we control LOD in this game???

I tried setting Video memory to very high with no results. I remembered there was a LOD mod somewhere here, but I don't know.

Hey Galaxy, for the tutorial mission, which I dont recall playing, I would suggest a change in your tactics,

take a route that no enemy would suspect or go. Suspect lol, this is Arma2 AI were talking about but just a thought,

if you need help with tactics then refer to this reference:

http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com/

My bad Flubadoo,

It totatlly passed me to mention some mods I used in A2WarMod.

these are the ones you want

Download:

* VehiclesVisibleAtDistance Visuals C PROPER

Readme, bisign

* StaticsVisibleAtDistance Visuals C PROPER

Readme, bisign

* RoadsVisibleAtDistance Visuals C PROPER

Readme, bisign

* TreesVisibleAtDistance Visuals C PROPER

Readme, bisign

get these addons here:

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/proper-projects/PROPER_projects#Unsorted-releases

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Ah, thanks, that helped ALOT.

Anyone care to explain why my friend can't connect to my server anymore after I gave him a few mods?

I think it has to do with the .bikey and .bisign files.

What happens when we both don't have the .bisign file?

What happens when I have a .pbo that he does not?

What happens when we both have a mod with a .bikey and .pbo, but both don't have .bisign?

What happens when we both have .bisign files, but both don't have .bikey files?

Also, when he can't connect, it says "Connecting failed" or "Connection failed". Does this error message have anything to do with the .bisign problems?

Edited by Flubadoo

What happens when we both don't have the .bisign file?

nothing really bisigns are really for single player

What happens when I have a .pbo that he does not?

then he wont be able to play the mission you are hosting because the mission will require the pbo that you are using.

What happens when we both have a mod with a .bikey and .pbo, but both don't have .bisign?

You don't need the bisign files (as they're for clients to verify integrity of the pbos when you join a server).

All you need is the bikey file.

What happens when we both have .bisign files, but both don't have .bikey files?

Then the person joining the host wont be able to join.

I would suggest making sure both you guys have all the files, keep the bisigns with the pbos and put all your bikeys(keys)

in the keys folder in the main game directory, that way you will never run into issues in terms of what your asking.

it says "Connecting failed" or "Connection failed". Does this error message have anything to do with the .bisign problems?

Possibly, but if the other guy is trying to connect to you and hes missing files like the pbo, then he would get an error stating

that he cannot play or edit because downloadable content has been deleted.

But if he has the pbo and not the bisign, there should be no issuse, possibly an issue with not having the bikey,

but if you have all the files and are getting the a connection failed error then its probly something to do with firewall,

ports, or even your operating system, cant say for sure, connection failed is a hit or miss issue in some ways.

if you have steam refer to this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=102136&highlight=Connection+failed

also refer to this thread for connection failed:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=82622&highlight=Connection+failed

Edited by Gnter Severloh

When trying Armoury weapons, is there any way to choose which map to use?

It just keeps giving me Takistan and there doesn't seem to be an option to choose Zargabad/ Shapur/ Desert.

I posted a new thread before seeing this one.Sorry.

Here's my problem

Hello

I've been trying to update to 1.05 since yesterday,first time I ran the patch (arma2update_105.zip) from ePrison.de at an average speed of 30 kbps :@ 3 hours later,after it was complete,I checked arma 2,no update.The file was nowhere to be found on my pc,not even the download file in my documents or in temp. files,only on the little DownL window in which i cant do anything excpt go to DL link/page.today i downloaded winrar and downloaded this file again by running it through winrar,3 hours later same thing,this time i get a "system can't find file specified" on winrar page when i select the file.FOR F*CK's SAKE can anyone give me step by step directions on how to get patch 1.05 running.please note that I'm a noob in this field .I read something through my search on the web about steam,well I don't have it if that counts.I don't even know what I'm doing wrong so I wrote everything.PLEASE HELP.

Edited by Diddly-doodly

Hmm, I always thought the server checked the .bikey with the client's .bisign file to check. So if he didn't have the bisign, but i had the key, he couldn't join.

And the connection used to work before. I'll just upload a file with my keys and stuff.

On another note, how did he join my games before? I had a bunch of mods, while he only had vanilla ArmA 2, but he joined perfectly fine with 8ms lag?

Also, if I have a random .bikey in my keys folder that I don't have a .pbo and the client doesn't have a .pbo, will he be able to join?

Edited by Flubadoo

@Diddley:

what browser are u using? IE can't handle huge files to be downloaded. Just a guess.

---------- Post added at 14:34 ---------- Previous post was at 14:16 ----------

Danke Günter for the hints :)

Actually at the moment I am still trying to keep A2 clean before I'll go for the WarMod ;)

@ all:

Now her's my update for my problems in the bootcamp training mission 05 "War Welcome":

I am now at Karmeny with all the other strongpoints and bases on Utes taken, but I am fighting now around Karmeny for hours (of playing time sigh).

My Q please: When is the mission supposed to be finished? I guess when I've taken the HQ, yes?. Well, I was there in the middle, fighting around for half an hour, no success to get the mission closed :mad:

The problem is that the enemy keeps on respawning personel while I don't know how to get my soldiers to move faster or to attack the HQ.

There is probably a missunderstanding or a missing knowledge link on my side I admit, so can someone please help me to understand when and how! the bootcamp mission 05 can be brought to an end? Is there a certain action to be done in the HQ (shooting at sth or someone special?)

Thanks mates

Cheers

Galaxy :cool:

was wondering what the clicks meant when enemy are spotted?

put a big bore exhaust on. or try holding shift

Is there any way to turn off HDR in OA or A2?

Also, how do I holster my weapon while walking, like the AI does?

Edited by Flubadoo

was wondering what the clicks meant when enemy are spotted?

Clicks usually means Kilometers. It's kinda a slang word as far as I know.

EDIT: Unless I totally misunderstood your question.

I've been playing for a few months now, and wanted to get a more realistic experience and add some new units, but I'm having trouble installing the Community Base Addons.

I purchased Arma II and OA on Steam as Combined Operations, but both games have their own folders within the steamapps/common folder. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. Once I've downloaded the CBA, how do I install the mod?

I've been playing for a few months now, and wanted to get a more realistic experience and add some new units, but I'm having trouble installing the Community Base Addons.

I purchased Arma II and OA on Steam as Combined Operations, but both games have their own folders within the steamapps/common folder. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. Once I've downloaded the CBA, how do I install the mod?

I believe since you are running Combined Operations, it goes into your Operation Arrowhead folder.

So now you will have a Steam\Common\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\@CBA folder.

Then right click on Combined Ops/Arrowhead game listed in your steam games and click properties. Then click set launch parameters and type:

-mod=@CBA

Now I'm taking a shot in the dark here as I do not have the game on steam. Hope it works!

Thanks for the quick reply, that method seems to have worked for OA, as the main menu has @CBA in the top right-hand corner, but there is no indication that it's worked for Arma II. I'm not sure what I've done wrong, I've even repeated the same steps for the Arma II folder but with no luck.

Thanks for the quick reply, that method seems to have worked for OA, as the main menu has @CBA in the top right-hand corner, but there is no indication that it's worked for Arma II. I'm not sure what I've done wrong, I've even repeated the same steps for the Arma II folder but with no luck.

I don't think arma 2 displays the activated mods.