Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

The greatest marial artists of all times

I think Chow Yun Fat owns them all...with a gun biggrin.gif

Jackie Chan is a close second, followed by Bruce Lee.

Your views?

1.Bruce Lee

2.Jet Li

3.Jackie Chan

4.Steven Seagal(because i don't know the others)

sucks.Chuck Norris

Chow Yun Fat  is he still in movies confused.gif?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ April 13 2002,02:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Chow Yun Fat  is he still in movies confused.gif?<span id='postcolor'>

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Chow,+Yun-Fat

Chow Yun Fat's filmography smile.gif

EDIT: That new movie sounds like its gonna be rubbish...I'd much rather see Replacement Killers 2 or Hard Boiled 2...

jacki chan is the big daddy. ever watch his movie "Legend of Druken Master"? that is the best damn fighting movie ever. that and its the funniest movie i ever seen

btw did anybody ever watch Jet Lis' newer movie called

"The One"?

I've seen The One!

The movie is absolutely dumb, but fighting scenes are pretty damn awesome

I voted for Jet Li tounge.gif

The One could of been good but the end was so stupid and illogical.

None of the above. I am willing to bet that an authentic Shaolin Monk would kick all of their asses...

No one will ever be Bruce Lee. I consider him the father of modern "free style" martial arts. No one today has the focus and presence that he had. Anyone that has ever sit down and really watched him would agree. It's a shame he wasn't born later. The 60's-70's were really a cheesy era for movies. Imagine him in a 90's-00's movie. Jackie Chan would be second. He's the man because he does his own stunts, and often hurts himself to keep us entertained. His use of everyday objects as weapons is cool, and damn he is fast. Chow Yun Fat is definitely a better actor than either of the two. I made fun of Crouching Tiger until I finally saw it. Great flick.

American/European action stars need to stick with what they are good at, blowing shit up.

Bad: Seagal, Norris, Van Damme

Good: Arnold, Mel, Bruce Willis, Snipes (his martial arts skills have really improved over the years he is exception to rule above) Will always like Harrison Ford, he is a legend.

Bruce Lee, no question about it.

i'm not sure if this poll is asking actual martial arts capability or just movie, but if we are looking at actual capability, Chow Yun Fat and Michele Yeow is out.

If you placed the above in a arena, Bruce Lee would tear them to pieces, purely because he was a fighter. He only moved into films as he got older.

I like Jackie Chan, I think he's great, but he's a stuntman, (A completely insane one at that!wink.gif not a fighter. I think I read somewhere that he was approached in an airport by a fan, who then smacked him in the face.....

Jackie Chan "What the hell was that for?"

Crazy Fan "I wanted to see you block it!" He was then dragged off by Airport security.

BTW. Sit down and watch a Bruce Lee film again, I think you'l agree the combat is second to none.

oops you forgot Sammo Hung..(thz to Joe Porta for reminding ppl)

even if you are a great one, just coming up and punching does not mean that he'll necessary block it. if Jackie Chan was not a nice guy and airport security came late, that guy would be seriously injured.

Jacki Chan did learn martial arts for long time. he just decided to add humor into it. smile.gif

Not exactly a single artist, but i consider Shaolin Monks to be the most aestethic and most wonder/spiritful fighters around,

the way they are moving and fighting is absolutely phenomenal and a joy to watch, it´s only sad to see that  everything is getting heavily commericialized lately.

***Warning*** kids, don´t try this at home- you will break your finger, or worse!

fingers2.jpg

Shaolin towing a 250kg roller with his testicles :

balls3.jpg

Regarding action flicks, i love Jackie Chan, the way he combines Commedy, martial arts and stunts is second to none.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Satchel @ April 14 2002,00:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Not exactly a single artist, but i consider Shaolin Monks to be the most aestethic and most wonder/spiritful fighters around,

the way they are moving and fighting is absolutely phenomenal and a joy to watch, it´s only sad to see that  everything is getting heavily commericialized lately.

***Warning*** kids, don´t try this at home- you will break your finger, or worse!

fingers2.jpg

Shaolin towing a 250kg roller with his testicles :

balls3.jpg

Regarding action flicks, i love Jackie Chan, the way he combines Commedy, martial arts and stunts is second to none.<span id='postcolor'>

sorry Satchel, geocities doesn't allow you to view anyfiles unless they are HTML files...could you please make a HTML file and link those pictures to that HTML file and give us the link?

"The one" was a great movie until the end,what the hell was they thinking ?....If haven't seen the movie don't read down below....

Going back in time ? Why didn't they do that in the first place ?

apparently anyone out of that Brazillian Jujitsu (however you spell it) loving Gracie Family would own them all, since theres like 16 of them all of whom kick ass, apparently wow.gif

then i'd say any shoalin monk would kick their asses, although it seems they do a lot of their stuff just to look pretty

i voted for chow yun fat, he kicks ass

then i would've gone for jet li

brezilian MA is called "Capoera"

For my preference i ll say:

Miyamoto Musashi (swd)

jigoro Kano (judo)

ennin a boudhist monk of huei (first table of shaolin repanded in asia)

minamoto no yoritomo & shirobei akiyama (prefigured the modern jiu jitsu)

*edited*

oups forgot Morihei Ueshiba (one of the founder of aikido)

and for fun Shinta hinmeryu master of an popular anime serie smile.gif