Sign in to follow this  
$able

BattlEye GUID banning

Ahh, explains a lot, ok thx,

is a rcon tool that works with oa going to be releaseed that looks and works like the arma launcher rather than a dos tool?

yup, got 1.3 version of that, cant get it to work,always says cannot connect,our servers host is gameservers and im not sure where to put the command line,has been mentioned that because we have no control module for server just ftp it creates a problem, got sparta rcon but nooone knows the pass for the zip on their ts.Ideally the one i want is going to need the capability to ban by guid(as and when that comes back)

is ther another way to ban the guid? can you copy the guid to ban.txt in be folder?

HELP?

Edited by weedkiller

yup, got 1.3 version of that, cant get it to work,always says cannot connect,our servers host is gameservers and im not sure where to put the command line,has been mentioned that because we have no control module for server just ftp it creates a problem, got sparta rcon but nooone knows the pass for the zip on their ts.Ideally the one i want is going to need the capability to ban by guid(as and when that comes back)

is ther another way to ban the guid? can you copy the guid to ban.txt in be folder?

HELP?

Dont see why you shouldnt be able to get it to work, even with just ftp access?.

You would only require the password in your servers BattlEye folder, beserver.cfg file

RConPassword yourpasshere
MaxPing 200

At the very worst you can add the guid's manually to the be ban.txt, but the ban doesnt take effect immediately if added manually. You would need to reboot server for those bans to take effect.

Dont see why you shouldnt be able to get it to work, even with just ftp access?.

You would only require the password in your servers BattlEye folder, beserver.cfg file

RConPassword yourpasshere
MaxPing 200

ive done that, have BEserver.cfg with rcon pass and maxping 250

Dont i need to configure a config (.cfg) file as i have seen mentioned?

if so how? and what .cfg file

ive done that, have BEserver.cfg with rcon pass and maxping 250

Dont i need to configure a config (.cfg) file as i have seen mentioned?

if so how? and what .cfg file

Hey weedkiller, Blade from 3para-gu

there isnt any cfg file there just make a text file with ex:

RConPassword xxxxxxx

MaxPing 250

then save that files as BEServer.cfg and put that in your Battleye folder in profiles in server

your ban.txt will be created when you ban someone from server in the same folder as your BEServer.cfg are and you dont need to put in an cmd line for the rcon tool since its a seperate program you run to monitor your server

Edited by blade73

One question. Can hackers GUID ban players?

Yes, it was done on our server.

Hey blade, hows you m8.

Ill come on ur ts when i get chance

Yes, it was done on our server.

Hey blade, hows you m8.

Ill come on ur ts when i get chance

Maybe in the past, but that's no longer possible for quite a while.

Maybe in the past, but that's no longer possible for quite a while.

May have been banned by the user id then, wasnt on our server at the time but was reported to me that clan members had to be removed from the ban list after a sad hacker caused some damage.

Definatley happened in the past 2-3 months.

BE Server v1.113 adds two new commands: loadBans and addBan.

See the first post for more details.

Our server was hit again by an admin hacker, a member reported that the server was going crazy so I logged on myself to see, me and said member was instantly banned on trying to join by game id number not guid.

Many thanks to $able and his battleye and the maker of the arma2 rcon 1.5 which has been updated with the auto refresh I asked for, I beleive we have banned the culprits because the rcon captured them on its list and showed them both who joined at the same time with a high -score.

If any one would like their guids msg me and I will send the ban list I have consisting of other hackers too.

The new rcon is fantastic, get it from dev heaven version 1.5 updated 19-2-2010.

I leave it running even if im not in servers so members can report any issues an I can deal with it immediately.

Our server was hit again by an admin hacker, a member reported that the server was going crazy so I logged on myself to see, me and said member was instantly banned on trying to join by game id number not guid.

Many thanks to $able and his battleye and the maker of the arma2 rcon 1.5 which has been updated with the auto refresh I asked for, I beleive we have banned the culprits because the rcon captured them on its list and showed them both who joined at the same time with a high -score.

If any one would like their guids msg me and I will send the ban list I have consisting of other hackers too.

The new rcon is fantastic, get it from dev heaven version 1.5 updated 19-2-2010.

I leave it running even if im not in servers so members can report any issues an I can deal with it immediately.

if u are intressted to share the GUID database just write a email with the attached database to: log@dao.nu and i will send back the merged database off all who send in back within 24hrs. so everyone could have GUID´s from everywhere in the DB.

thx guy´s

its quite easy just oben your rcon select database then export and send over email,

i send back the merged logs.

thx guy´s

its quite easy just oben your rcon select database then export and send over email,

i send back the merged logs.

But is the database all players that has connected to the server? and is it better if you get the banlist instead?

But is the database all players that has connected to the server? and is it better if you get the banlist instead?

was more of what i was thinking, the database helps for last ppl in server so you can ban someone after they have left so a massive guid database does not help, the guid banlist would be better as that way the ppl who have hacked on our servers will not get on yours either and vise versa,

Kochleffel have gotten your list and thx all been added to our now thx for ths info on bad players

KYA had a guy cheating on our server. We never really had anyone cheating (that we knew of) until two days ago. Had to do some research on how to ban him and find out if there was some public or private list. Anyway, I sent my ban list in to Kochleffel, thanks!

IS IT STILL IMPOSSIBLE TO BAN BY GUID???

had 3 people banned by somebody today.. all those with rcon say it wasnt them

CONFUSED!!!!

I am getting banned from a few servers and I don't use HACKS. WHat is the DEAL? Did I download something from one of these multiplayer games? If so, how can I purge any altered files so I can play without getting booted?

just a word to the wise, we had a hacker on our server, a c.o in fact of a clan called north atlantic regiment =NATR=, =NATR= CPT.Grierson was his name, other c.o's came on our teamspeak to apologise and they openly admitted they use hacks on their own servers, obviously except =NATR= CPT.Grierson as he used them on 2 seperate occaisions on ours.