Sign in to follow this  
victim913

Back of the carrier - does it open?

I was looking at the assault carrier, and in all pictures I see and in BF2 the back is always open for Amphibious vehicles and boats.

In the ArmA 2 carrier it looks like it has a moveable gate/door. In the inside of it, It is modelled like it is supposed to be used. Meaning there is no invisible walls or anything. So it is made to be seen.

Anyone know anything about it?

Well if its open in BF2 is totally irrelevant, here is ArmA2 and not BF2. :)

And no, there is no way to open it. I tried that too already. Looks like the part is movable but not implemented.

The only reason i mentioned Bf2 was because i was basically saying that in everything i have seen it in, in pictures and in games, I have ONLY seen it open. I have never seen it closed. In anything. I know BF2 is irrelevant. If I played any other game that had it, I would mention that too. Also, it is the same ship, same name, and the model is almost identical.

So every reference i have ever seen, I have never seen anything closing the back off. Is that better for you?

Edited by victim913

Simple solution. Don't use a video game for reference.;)

There's plenty of real pics of them around, in transit, with the bay closed. There used to be a thread around here that had a picture but I couldn't seem to find it.

I hope they do implement it if it's made that way. Would be a nice touch.

Yeah, that would be a great feature... currently the only way to go from the boat to anywhere else is by taking off in a helicopter or a carrier-enabled fighter...

Of course, there would be need for a way to get from the deck to this lower area where the boats are... this really could be anything from a modeled corridor to even a teleport script... whichever way is fine by me :)

Cheers

I figured they would close it in real life. I have seen like 15-20 pics of it and I have only seen it open. I haven't even seen a door at all. I just need to look a little harder. I was usually looking for what was on the deck.

It is modeled as if they meant to use it. Like I said, from the inside it looks ok, No dock or anything, just walls and ceiling. I did notice that i can put things inside that spot, me included, inside that part of the ship, and you can drive out through the gate, like AI walks through walls with the bottom missing. So I guess anyone who would want to use that to store vehicles or anything, you can. Just can't get back in.

Thanks

Edited by victim913