Sign in to follow this  
$able

RCon server administration coming to ArmA 2!

Well, to invest time in a tool is one thing, to invest into a global database another :)

Not really...

There used to be a global banlist which was community based and free..... AND if I could do it, then I would... but this is somthing for the modders etc.. .. ..

Rc 0.2 is out now.

bild8t.jpg

Features:

- Connect via RCON to your BE server

- See all players on your server

- kick specific players

- ban specific players

- restart your server

- shutdown your server

- reassign roles

- save your favourite server data

- English and German language support

- Hostname or IP

Requirements

- Windows XP or higher (tested on Windows 7)

- need Adminrights on your system, to get full functionality

- need BE installed on your game server

- need login data for your game server

Blue-Download-icon.png

Edited by Kochleffel

Damn, that is nice.

Maybe you can work with $able and add us a "Update Banlist" tick from the BE server. :)

what u mean with updatetick?

Synced banlist or global?

I refer to global bans that are caught via BE.

Some admins may ban due to ping, so syncing all servers may not be justified.

we will think about it and Talk to $able...

ban for ping is not more since Pingcheck :-)

there is it possible to make the option if player banned from 3 server so global..

or if they identified as Hacker.

Central global bans issued by the BattlEye system itself will not be added. Such a system could always be attacked by hackers banning innocent players (yes, possible with PunkBuster too, but Even Balance never seemed to care about that fact...).

Of course the community can create global ban lists themselves, even though they could be exploited as well.

I've been using Punksbusted AMBL (auto master ban list) for several years now, down time is rare, mostly it's hardware upgrades, but they are dealing with many more "hackers" and games compared to this community.

I know for fact what yourself would be up against with a system, I personally as an admin, would like to have.

Yes, sometimes the innocent do get banned wrongly, but it is up to the admins to control their servers, after all, we do pay for them.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

BattlEye RCon v0.91 has been released now, along with BE Server v1.104. Simply redownload it here: http://www.battleye.com/downloads/BERCon.exe.

- better "interface" and a help option

- command-line options to directly log into a server (see help in the tool)

- hostnames (DNS resolution) now supported

- UTF-8 player names now supported (change the console's font to a font capable of UTF-8, like Lucida Console)

Also, the new BE Server version now sends info about BE kicks to RCon clients and shows RCon admin logins in the server console.

To get a list of available commands on the server, simply type "commands".

The following commands are important:

- kick [player#] [reason] - if reason is not specified the player will be kicked with "Kicked by admin"

- ban [player#] [time in minutes] [reason] - if time is not specified or 0, the ban will be permanent; if reason is not specified the player will be kicked with "Banned"

- banip = ban, except that it bans the player's IP address

Bans are written to guidbans.txt and ipbans.txt in your server's BE working directory and therefore will be saved even if the server restarts. Note that the ban files are only read on BE Server initialization, so bans can only be added via the RCon interface.

Commands to remove bans, reload the ban files, etc. will be added soon.

Edited by $able

few issues with new version

1. if you type in commands on the main welcome screen Rcon crashs

2. useing the update commands disconnects Rcon from the server

few issues with new version

1. if you type in commands on the main welcome screen Rcon crashs

2. useing the update commands disconnects Rcon from the server

1. commands lists all commands available on a server, i.e. you have to be connected to a server for it to work. You are simply exiting the tool by typing an unknown command character.

2. Yes, will be fixed. However RCon will still be disconnected if the server really updates to a new version.

1. commands lists all commands available on a server, i.e. you have to be connected to a server for it to work. You are simply exiting the tool by typing an unknown command character.

I know this my friend I'm simply pointing out it exits the tool and would it not be better to have the tool handle unrecognized commands just like it dose when you are logged in to the server.

$able

Did you not see Kello post about apanel as we can not use it this great tool.

$able

Did you not see Kello post about apanel as we can not use it this great tool.

Kello?

As a GSP this is a godsend $able, but I have a question, I use TCADMIN to run some servers, and this localizes all the files into the ARMA2 Root folder, (creates a users file, intead of in my documents etc..) for some reason I cant get RCON to work when I run them through this, is there any way I can change where it looks for the config file?:confused:

This post

This post

Oh, sorry.

You always have to put the config file into the same directory the BE Server resides in (the BE working directory, not the install folder). You can specify it by using the -profiles= or -BEpath= option. Otherwise it's "C:\Documents and Settings\[user Name]\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2\BattlEye" by default.

---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

I've been using Punksbusted AMBL (auto master ban list) for several years now, down time is rare, mostly it's hardware upgrades, but they are dealing with many more "hackers" and games compared to this community.

I know for fact what yourself would be up against with a system, I personally as an admin, would like to have.

Yes, sometimes the innocent do get banned wrongly, but it is up to the admins to control their servers, after all, we do pay for them.

You can easily set up such a system yourself using BE's new RCon to log cheat violations and enforce "global" bans. :)

And yes, of course admins still control their servers, but there is no way an admin can know who is innocently on such a global ban list. All it takes is someone with bad intentions to get his server registered at AMBL and with some hacking knowledge he can easily fake what that server reports.

You can really destroy a player's reputation (or simply his ability to play on such servers) that way. Just keep that in mind.

$Able, does this new build support Linux?

The BE RCon tool is only for Windows currently. However RCon functionality is available on the BE Server for both Windows and Linux.

However, make sure you use a lower-case config file name (i.e. beserver.cfg) now.

The BE RCon tool is only for Windows currently. However RCon functionality is available on the BE Server for both Windows and Linux.

However, make sure you use a lower-case config file name (i.e. beserver.cfg) now.

Yea, thats what I meant :) Just wanted to check

AARC 0.3 Released

added features:

-Kick with reason

-ban with reason and timelimit

Blue-Download-icon.png

Guessing your hosting on a linux server, the download link for 0.3 En was broken (Had capital EN, needs to be En) Link fixed:

http://arma-remote.warzone.at/AA2RC_En_0.3.exe

As for the banning... does it use ArmA 2 PlayerID or does it use BE's GUID? Last time I read the GUIDs don't get saved so I want to make sure.

Edited by GossamerS

AARC 0.3 Released

added features:

-Kick with reason

-ban with reason and timelimit

Blue-Download-icon.png

Few Issues:

*Does a lot of random connection aborted if left open for a bit.

*If you press reassign it comes up in german

*Could you add a button for #missions?

Edited by Mikobiko

Guessing your hosting on a linux server, the download link for 0.3 En was broken (Had capital EN, needs to be En) Link fixed:

http://arma-remote.warzone.at/AA2RC_En_0.3.exe

As for the banning... does it use ArmA 2 PlayerID or does it use BE's GUID? Last time I read the GUIDs don't get saved so I want to make sure.

Link is now fixed, it takes the PlayerID to kick/ban.

Few Issues:

*Does a lot of random connection aborted if left open for a bit.

*If you press reassign it comes up in german

*Could you add a button for #missions?

Reassign is now fixed, a Button to choose a mission will be added in a later version. We know the disconnect bug an hope to fix it as fast as we can.

Thanks for your feedback.

greetings