Sign in to follow this  
$able

RCon server administration coming to ArmA 2!

Its not launching for me at all with Windows 7 64 bit, when I double click the .exe it launches the process but shows nothing.

Curious. Kochleffel also uses Windows 7 and it works fine on his machine.

I had older versions work fine, just not this one.

This is the first release. :D

Just for your information: this rcon tool does not base on s3ns3's ( http://arma-remote.warzone.at/ ) which was very buggy. It is a complete rewrite (developed by me for dao.nu (Kochleffel)).

I don't think it was compiled NT compatible so you have to r-click and set its Compatibility to "Windows 98" or lower, but it works.

Sure it was compiled NT compatible. What you described can not have any effect, sorry.

This way is a child pulls a hit-and-run you can still ban them.

Once a player left you can not ban him anymore via the rcon protocol.

It doesn't update the list of players properly. I launched the RCON tool, joined the server and it never added my name to the list. So I closed the RCON tool and reconnected to the server and it showed I was there.

It does not update the list automatically. You have to push the Refresh button.

Edited by Soner

Yea it is buggy. Seems like you have to close it and reopen it if it takes a dump.

Also it refreshes and grabs attention if open so you have to minimize it then go to (or run) Arma.

Yea it is buggy. Seems like you have to close it and reopen it if it takes a dump.

I also had this problem a few times but I still don't know why. Maybe it is problem with my winsock lib...

I will check this out.

Yea. Soner, maybe it's just 64bit OS doesn't run it properly even in Comp mode XP SP3->NT 4.0. What program are you writing it in. If VB see if you can compile a 64bit ver. and I'll test it out. But I have to run it in Win 98 Comp. mode or 95 Comp. mode otherwise it just opens a thread but the GUI doesn't show. You have to close the thread in Task Manager.

So far for me it froze on first connect, I End Task, reopened and it and it works. I have to see if someone connects what happens. But out of all like this one the best because it's straight forward.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Compatibility with Win 98 works fine :confused:

Open Task Manager and see if the thread is running and close it. Then set comp. mode to 98 or 95 and run it. It works good.

Also hit minimize before going back to Arma2 or it'll pull you back to the desktop.

Edited by Rexxenexx

No, I am not using Visual Basic but I can compile a x64 version for you. Maybe it is better when you contact Kochleffel first since he is the "real owner" of this tool, I am just the developer (and even do not play ArmA 2).

Thanks for your kind words. Imagine that there was no official documentation about the rcon protocol when I started the project. Therefore I had to use sniffer tools to analyze the whole protocol...it was not easy.

Edited by Soner

Hmm froze again. I didn't know until I hit the "Show Desktop" button and it didn't...show the desktop. ;) End Tasked it and Show Desktop works again. Strange.

EDIT: K Soner.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Hey I'm on my ASUS 1201N Netbook which is running W7 32bit and it works perfect without any Comp. Mode. So it is a 64bit thing. Update: Froze when coming out of sleep. Possibly same reason for freezing on desktop.

Edited by Rexxenexx

The shutdown feature doesn't work.

Can you put back the restart and reassign buttons in the interface?

Every time I close the GUI, I get an error "ArmA 2 RCon GUI has encountered a problem and needs to close."

I'm using XP SP3

Edited by Lonestar

The shutdown feature doesn't work.

I'm using XP SP3

is known will be fixed.

Can you put back the restart and reassign buttons in the interface?

I'm using XP SP3

will be added next release

Every time I close the GUI, I get an error "ArmA 2 RCon GUI has encountered a problem and needs to close."

I'm using XP SP3

have to be fixed.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Version updated,

• Radom freezes fixed.
  • Icons added

known issue´s

• if u stay a long time online, Maxping and version will disapear
  • if u shut down the Server and Press refresh programm crashes.

download @ http://dao.nu

Edited by Kochleffel

Any chance of releasing the source so we can all contribute to it via dev-heaven.net?

I'm using $ables command line in the first post. The GUI's freeze and crash too much.

I'm using $ables command line in the first post. The GUI's freeze and crash too much.

did u downloaded the latest, release?

Sorry but we tested this tool extensively and the newest version ran 24 hours without any crashes.

EDIT:

Any chance of releasing the source so we can all contribute to it via dev-heaven.net?

You have to contact Kochleffel.

Edited by Soner

1.2 Released.

first, some Pictures:

players.png

info.png

bans.png

connect.png

now the features/changes:

• reassign the Roles
  • Restart the Server
  • Shutdown the Server
  • Change the Maxping on fly (temporary)
  • See the Mission is actual played
  • See the timelimit
  • check the Signatures
  • See score/death/Team of your Players
  • save your Favourite Server´s

Tool is tested under Windows 7 64bit in a over 24hr test and there was no crash.

here u can Download it:

DAO.nu Forum

Tool is tested under Windows 7 64bit in a over 24hr test and there was no crash.

It was also tested on Windows 7 [32 bit], Windows Vista [64 bit] and Windows XP [32 bit].

I'll test the new version out tonight. gj ;)

EDIT: ArmA 2 RCon 1.2 froze (Not Responding). I think it has something to do with when you press Refresh after everyone gets off the server. It was working fine when started and nobody was on, then I got on, hit Refresh=worked, another player got on, hit Refresh=worked, both of us got off, hit Refresh=(Not Responding). This is on Win7 64bit.

Edited by Rexxenexx

Hm,

you are right. In fact when the program requests the player list it waits until receiving it. There is no timeout. So if the server is not responding, it freezes.

I will fix this.

Any idea Why Norton wont let me use it ? keeps removing before it installs.....

Any idea Why Norton wont let me use it ? keeps removing before it installs.....

It doesnt install, its an .exe....probably cause norton thinks its not a trusted program!

Up to you if you trust it or not?

Rgr wildgoose.... okey dokey...

Regards to download it is htere.. scroll down just a little.. there is another dl link VERSION 1.2

Rgr wildgoose.... okey dokey...

Regards to download it is htere.. scroll down just a little.. there is another dl link VERSION 1.2

got it, didn't know I had to scroll down.

Kochleffel, I had an idea, could you add a checkbox on the "Connect" window that would "Auto-connect at Startup". So instantly it opens and connects. I think that would be a cool feature since most connect to the same server over and over. It would save even more time when have to connect fast to catch/ban someone.

EDIT:

Something like this:

1275873146.gif

Their would be no need for a "Quick Connect" in the "Server" menu because you can do it from the "Connect" window. Just some ideas. ;) Edit2:Forgot you can do that anyways by double-clicking. I dunno it seems the Quick Connect is a bit redundant don't you think? If you put the drop-down box like it is in the main window, that should be enough since already in the "Connect" window it's not much different from "Quick Connect"...did that make sense?? :D

Edited by Rexxenexx