Sign in to follow this  
$able

RCon server administration coming to ArmA 2!

Im just throwing something out here.... but:

Wouldnt it be nice to use this RCON to fetch ingame statistics or other game data.

*maybe even change certain data ?

So far it seems to work good. Stuff Id love to see added:

*Ability to read in-game chat

*Ability to post to in-game chat through rcon

*Perhaps a webpage front end like how Punkbuster handles theres once the API is complete?

*Removal of ability to change password. It currently makes this tool unusuable. I cannot give people admin and keep control over it due to this. The only way the password should be set-able is if it is done in the config file.

*Ability to assign maxping right in beserver.cfg

Do you plan to publish the API when complete?

The ability to read in-game chat would require integration changes, therefore I cannot promise anything.

Chat messages sent via RCon could be implemented via BattlEye alone though.

A webpage front end isn't planned for now.

The ability to change the RCon password will be removed in the next BE Server update.

And yes, MaxPing, like any setting, can be directly assigned in the BEServer.cfg.

---------- Post added at 20:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:03 ----------

Im just throwing something out here.... but:

Wouldnt it be nice to use this RCON to fetch ingame statistics or other game data.

*maybe even change certain data ?

Something like this requires heavy integration changes. No promises here for the future.

hey $able,

Would you be able to implement more indepth banning?

let me explain,

Say we ban somebody, when we do it would let us chose a reason from a pre-defined list as well. So then when we look in the bans file we would see

"Player Name" "ID:502305" "reason:teamkilling"

Something like that. It would allow people to script web-based ban lists for organization sakes. I understand this is probably not possible, but it would be cool!

Excellent addition, and a very welcomed one at that. Will start using it on the servers today.

hey $able,

Would you be able to implement more indepth banning?

let me explain,

Say we ban somebody, when we do it would let us chose a reason from a pre-defined list as well. So then when we look in the bans file we would see

"Player Name" "ID:502305" "reason:teamkilling"

Something like that. It would allow people to script web-based ban lists for organization sakes. I understand this is probably not possible, but it would be cool!

Better BE GUID banning (including new commands) will be implemented soon.

The ability to read in-game chat would require integration changes, therefore I cannot promise anything.

Chat messages sent via RCon could be implemented via BattlEye alone though.

A webpage front end isn't planned for now.

The ability to change the RCon password will be removed in the next BE Server update.

And yes, MaxPing, like any setting, can be directly assigned in the BEServer.cfg.

One feature I know id love is the ability to have messages appear lets say every 60 seconds. The MOTD feature of ArmA really lacks in the ability to do repeating messages. I'd love to have server info scrolling through.

Id love a Web GUI but API is always first. Heck even publishing the API would yield the community making one :P

As a GSP this is a godsend $able, but I have a question, I use TCADMIN to run some servers, and this localizes all the files into the ARMA2 Root folder, (creates a users file, intead of in my documents etc..) for some reason I cant get RCON to work when I run them through this, is there any way I can change where it looks for the config file?:confused:

Where are BattlEye bans stored?

We made a GUIDBans.txt file and the RCON banning isn't logging the bans. As soon as the server is restarted, the player is back

Edited by GossamerS

Before we talk about upgrading it lets make sure it works to start with. It doesnt work and how do we write the Config file,Why is their no example download of the Config file, and how do we update update battle eye. Im still using the version of battleeye from the Arma 1.05 patch. please simplify the whole process.

Before we talk about upgrading it lets make sure it works to start with. It doesnt work and how do we write the Config file,Why is their no example download of the Config file, and how do we update update battle eye. Im still using the version of battleeye from the Arma 1.05 patch. please simplify the whole process.

BEServer.cfg

RConPassword yourpasswordhere
MaxPing 250

goes in BattlEye folder in Arma 2 server

it works...

Update battleye by logging in server and joining as client? I'm sure there's a better way, but that's how I do it.

I think it's already quite simple.

You can update your BE Server here if it's not already updated: http://www.battleye.com/download.html.

Where are BattlEye bans stored?

We made a GUIDBans.txt file and the RCON banning isn't logging the bans. As soon as the server is restarted, the player is back

they can join to the lobby but not in the game.

they can join to the lobby but not in the game.

here's the thing, we test banned somebody.

We banned them via Rcon then they couldn't join, kept them banned. As soon as the server restarted they were unbanned.

here's the thing, we test banned somebody.

We banned them via Rcon then they couldn't join, kept them banned. As soon as the server restarted they were unbanned.

You used "ban" or "#ban"? BE's ban command isn't fully implemented yet.

You used "ban" or "#ban"? BE's ban command isn't fully implemented yet.

I didn't know there were different ban commands issued via BE's RCON. I assumed there's only ban #.

Ingame the bans work, but I'm talking about RCON bans

cant wait for the next version of this sexy tool been having lots of fun with Maxping still would love to have saving and loading of arrays implemented

Working .... I had some issues at first, but silly path issue.

Thanks for this util, cant wait for the updated version with more commands.

players and kick are usefull though, but would like to see a working ban <reason> <length of ban>

Edited by pchaxor

I didn't know there were different ban commands issued via BE's RCON. I assumed there's only ban #.

Ingame the bans work, but I'm talking about RCON bans

Yes, you can either enter "ban" (BE's banning) or "#ban" (ArmA 2's banning) in the RCon console, and I suppose you did the first?

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 ----------

cant wait for the next version of this sexy tool been having lots of fun with Maxping still would love to have saving and loading of arrays implemented

You are talking about bans?

Yes, you can either enter "ban" (BE's banning) or "#ban" (ArmA 2's banning) in the RCon console, and I suppose you did the first?

---------- Post added at 11:07 ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 ----------

You are talking about bans?

what i mean is being able to load and save to a database. ATM i created a tool that saves via the clipboard to MySQL but its limited to 2048 characters due to the clipboard limits and it would be nice to directly interface with some API that is hooked in via BE to do the same job but with out the limitations.

The only thing I'm yet to learn is how to do dll injection (armalib style) if it was however implemented in to BE this would open arma2 to a lots of opportunities such as persistent battles that can reloaded by the coder or a battle stats system like they have for games such as BF2 and CSS.

All are just thoughs.

what i mean is being able to load and save to a database.

I still don't understand what kind of database? A database with game/script-related content? BE can't really help you there I'm afraid.

yes I used BE's ban, I didn't know you could use ArmA 2's banning via BE. Thanks! Can't wait to see future versions.

yes I used BE's ban, I didn't know you could use ArmA 2's banning via BE. Thanks! Can't wait to see future versions.

You can use all ArmA 2 commands (prefixed with #).

what i mean is being able to load and save to a database. ATM i created a tool that saves via the clipboard to MySQL but its limited to 2048 characters due to the clipboard limits and it would be nice to directly interface with some API that is hooked in via BE to do the same job but with out the limitations.

The only thing I'm yet to learn is how to do dll injection (armalib style) if it was however implemented in to BE this would open arma2 to a lots of opportunities such as persistent battles that can reloaded by the coder or a battle stats system like they have for games such as BF2 and CSS.

All are just thoughs.

Don't forget hooking causes an extra pause. So doing that can have serious impact on a server with a larger client base.