Sign in to follow this  
jpinard

Good downloadable mission for a new player?

Hello everyone. A scant few might recognize me from other gaming outlets, if not, hello Bohemians :)

I'm gonig to jump right in and say I'm not new to heavy sims, but ARMA II is new to me. Been looking at Arma II for 6 months and finally got it. I'm looking for a good scenario to download that's basically a fight for a hill using most of the weapons/vehicles so there's a lot of fireworks, but still manages decent fps on a good computer. Nothing fancy tactically, just something that gets my feet wet so I can see the AI duke it out against each other while I crawl around on my belly.

Thanks! :)

Best thing to do is spend a few hours with the editor and do plenty of reading on these and other forums and you'll be able to make exactly the kind of mission you're after in 30minutes, or download a handful of missions and try them out, you'll soon pick it up. Everyone has their game configured differently, uses different mods, some use missions, some don't, so you're unlikely to get a definitave answer to your question as it depends on your tastes.

Best thing to do is spend a few hours with the editor and do plenty of reading on these and other forums and you'll be able to make exactly the kind of mission you're after in 30minutes, or download a handful of missions and try them out, you'll soon pick it up. Everyone has their game configured differently, uses different mods, some use missions, some don't, so you're unlikely to get a definitave answer to your question as it depends on your tastes.

Is there a "most popular" mod out there I should be looking at?

For a general all-round mod then it has to be ACE2. I guess it's not for everyone but for sure the majority go for that. Then pick and choose what you like from the others as far as additional units, vehicles and so on are concerned. The link in erict15's last thread is a great resource, it's like walking into a big toyshop where all the stuff is free!

jpinard, in the User Mission section of this forum you can find single player missions that do not require mods. That way, you can get going right away