Sign in to follow this  
Raunhofer

Building doors and ladders aren't working?

Hi, I have a small problem... My island's doors and ladders aren't working. I've used the original models. Somehow SOME of the ladders and doors are working, but there are very few of them and they are working in a certain object only. (for example the radio tower)

Any ideas?

Any help is welcome :)

Edited by Raunhofer

DO NOT GET CONFUSED about the ca folder on the "sample_tag" folder, this ca folder ONLY contains the config files from the P:\CA folder.

To get those config files all to the right location i again point out to SgtAce his manual:

Quote:

# 1: Following now a quite important part where we make sure that we have working animations/ladders on our Terrain. For that we need the respective config files from each Object which we´re about to use within our terrain.

# 2: To do that we can easy create a small bat or use the windows command line: Navigate to the P:\ca folder and

# 3: Run the following dos command: xcopy *.cpp P:\<YourNamespace>\ca\ /S /Y Or manually move the cpps with the correct folder structur to your namespace

o If your not familiar with cmd then put this copy_cpp.bat in your P:\CA\ foldier and run it.

* This command creates a duplicate set of '\ca' folders under your namespace and copies only the config.cpp files to each subfolder.

* Read more about that in Synides Great Tutorial ArmA_Build_Environment_Setup

So that is the way to go for getting the ladders and stuff to work.

So on your P drive you have a CA folder, inside this CA folder are all addons u use on your map, But there are also Config.cpp files in the CA folder.

Well all the config.cpp files need to go into a ca folder inside your project folder.

So in the end you have 2 ca folders on your P drive>>>> 1 ca folder directly under P and 1 ca folder inside your "tag" folder on P.

Edited by Alliexx

just an update to this important piece of info, in win7 and beyond: the mklink dos command achieves same.