Sign in to follow this  
MeatEtr

Solution: Mini-UAV for Locating Last Few Enemy Hiding

Is it just me or is it extremely annoying trying to find the last few enemy to kill in order to trigger the mission/objective ending? BI studio should give us mini-UAVs for a semi-realistic solution. Much like the Skylark mentioned here.

New_Skylark.jpg

Perhaps a one time use per mission to avoid abusing this asset. Would be lame to have the ability to constantly know the enemy positions. But would be great to have something like this for those last few enemy hiding.

It could highlight all enemy(infantry/vehicles) on your map within like 100-200m radius from your location, I know this is not realistic. But at least this would give us a semi-realistic way of IDing enemy locations, without using something more unrealistic like heart beat sensors. The UAV already in-game doesn't really work since you gotta be at the workstation to operate it.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already.

Bayraktar_B_during_TakeOff.JPG

working on a orbitor mini-uav but like crash,not a top of the list job

^^ yeah Operation Arrowhead will feature the UAV-helicopter. :) Hover somewhere - go optics and turn on FLIR (new FLIR system) and lase targets with it that you can then get with other aircrafts etc.

Better link here to OA video:

Kool, haven't seen that video yet, looks great, thanks for posting it.

Is it just me or is it extremely annoying trying to find the last few enemy to kill in order to trigger the mission/objective ending? BI studio should give us mini-UAVs for a semi-realistic solution.

No it's not just you, but I can't recall such an ending being used in BIS missions. Wouldn't a better approach be a change in the win/end condition on the mission/objective, than make BIS give us stuff to tackle "bad" mission designs?

Personally I wouldn't mind using the russian Pchela-1T in the "small UAV role" (even for west side, in coop games) to "simulate" one of the smaller ones, but given the horrible lack of controls, it's utterly useless (straight ahead look, "fixed" flightpath, disability to properly mark etc).

A helicopter version might improve things, but I beg BIS not to neglect what is already there, and improve those as well.