Sign in to follow this  
caprera

Modeling: Now Hiring

I'm new to Arma2 modding and my abilities are limited to textures, like my partner. To go on with out project we need someone capable in modeling but i don't know where/who ask to...

Our aim is a pack of russian special forces that started with the release of a retexture of BI Spetsnaz and their new setup with the weapon pack by Vilas. First goal is to represent GRU units; this is a federal agency which kept his "contacts" even after the purges of the nineties that saw even the KGB split in two. GRU remained untouched: as a message... They were born surely during Afghan war as most of the spetsnaz units that stormed Amin' palace were to be the first Alpha, Vympel, Vityaz and GRU members.

GRU is one of the best trained elite special force in Russian Federation Armed Forces. It could be compared to Delta Force for the close relationship to the intelligence agency, even if here it's the same "office".

As i said now it's just a retexture, as the pack uses the BI models that need more than an overview. We need new models for different uniforms and vests, where we'll have many particulars like knives, pouches, radio. There should also be some differences between an operator and another. GRU units use not only different camouflages, but also more than 2 uniforms: mainly GORKA and KLMK suits, but also KZM and normal BDU in different camouflages. All these should be represented ingame with similar setups as these guys prefer "light luggages" even if they use BTR armoured transports and helos; in particular i noticed they don't use scopes on their weapons. Many AK74M or AS VAL - the main weapons - are used even without Kobra dots...

In the future i planned MVD units too and a generic spetsnaz unit as a replacement.

MVDs will be the opposite in many ways, but except the "entry team" they are not defined yet.

I hope someone will be interested in this project that is airborne already ;)

well you know that you cant edit arma 2 models untill BIS releases the Mlods

wich is taking very long now :(

I know Namman, that's why i need somebody who's able to create new ones.

If it was a matter of copy/paste with BI models, i'd give it a try ;)

well you know that you cant edit arma 2 models untill BIS releases the Mlods

wich is taking very long now :(

You already can download a sample model from BIS for ArmA2.

More would be wishfull thinking and im willing to bet that for ArmA2 we wont get more stuff.

The reason why BIS released so much samples for ArmA1 was just because someone offered hacked/reverse engineered unbinarized BIS models.

Also it surely was to boost the modding company that wasnt as active as it is now back then because as we all know a game with many mods sells better.

If i remember well the sample model is only the one of common Russian soldier right ?

Where to find this sample model ??

Edited by caprera

Thanks... :)

Still nobody interested :D ?

Hire = are you paying for modellers? :)

anyhow, there is little chance for someone to join your project unless you got some thing already on the role. what you are proposing now is someone to come and do the work for you (since you are not asking for additional parts of a unit gear, but the unit itself).

I did a sample model of a US soldier, if that interests you in anyway. You'll find it in the O2 Modeling section of the forums. I believe it's also hosted on Armaholic.

Hire = are you paying for modellers? :)

anyhow, there is little chance for someone to join your project unless you got some thing already on the role. what you are proposing now is someone to come and do the work for you (since you are not asking for additional parts of a unit gear, but the unit itself).

Ok that was a joke... Secondly i'm not calling somebody to do my work instead of me. If you click on my sig you'll see we already reached a first release. Ok it's not complete, but we are only two and we still have a life. Personally i can't start learning O2 even if it's simple as someone said because i have no time left.

I'm good with textures and Massi on txt too. We are searching for someone who can do the models behind. Cescolino already joined to try a KLMK, i hope for the best.

@Bink; thanks but as now i need a very different model for retexture. For what i should do with O2 the BI soldiers will be best... but thanks anyway ;)

Ok that was a joke... Secondly i'm not calling somebody to do my work instead of me. If you click on my sig you'll see we already reached a first release. Ok it's not complete, but we are only two and we still have a life. Personally i can't start learning O2 even if it's simple as someone said because i have no time left.

I'm good with textures and Massi on txt too. We are searching for someone who can do the models behind. Cescolino already joined to try a KLMK, i hope for the best.

@Bink; thanks but as now i need a very different model for retexture. For what i should do with O2 the BI soldiers will be best... but thanks anyway ;)

my bad, haven't seen the other thread. I guess this should have been posted there. You might wanna link it on this first page anyhow, there might be more than one guy who will not be as bright as clicking sigs around

Yes, i thought about it... As now i can say another guys joined for a brief help with textures for a BDU update.

Maybe we'll go on differently by everybody else but still goin' :D

I'm going on with my work on textures using existind models...

New BDU looks great

p.s.

Yes, it's a BUMP :D