Sign in to follow this  
mr. bravo

Swedish Army Mod

Well, by having Aimpoint and magnifier you can have a gun for two fighting environments... While aiming by Aimpoint alone you have a weapon for CQB, and when the magnifier is lifted up you have 3x optics for long range engagements... That's why not ACOG intead. It's a far more flexible setup...

Yep, that's a reason to why the swedes have the red dot sights mounted that far out on the rail, so that there can easily be another complementing optics mounted in front of it when needed. To my knowledge it's mostly the "Bildförst G117VAR" (Nightvision), but there are supposed to be around a thousand Aimpoint 3x ordered as well. They're just not very used yet, for some less understandable reason :p

Anyways, the awesomely flexible LaRue-mount is probably not ordered as well atm, but we thought it would be a nice thing to try out in the game anyway, since it's a fresh idea for the gameplay and will make the close combat much better for they who're playing the role as marksman. Atm ACOG is mounted on the AK5c for that role instead, but there are a lot of complaints about it, and we want to change it to something that is more likely to be used by the swedish military as well. So there you have it :)

I'm sorry I cant answere any questions about how this will work technically, because I'm not working with any coding. Stiltman does however, and will hopefully be around to keep you updated about it :) Any tips and ideas about it are of course very welcome! It would be very nice to see more mods using this when there's a good solution for it.

Work in progress video of the aimpoint 3x

using ACE sys_attachments system, thanks to RobertHammers M4 pack "ACE configs" for showing how it works.

yes, optics will change to a reddot and not the g36 optics . :)

Edited by Stiltman

Yep, and the 3x works almost perfect :) The only bug we've found is that if you flip the sight while having an empty magazine, it will reload automaticly when the model changes. Compared to a regular reload, it takes only a second and has no animation, but you'd have to flip the sight again to return to your used sight-mode, which will take another second. So we dont think it's bad enough for people to exploit. And the new magazine is of course counted from your gear, so no infinite ammo :)

Oh and we released a hotfix for our latest version. This because of the LOD-texture miss on the soldier-models. We really wanted to fix it as soon as possible, and we also threw in a few other minor fixes :) Here's a complete change-list:

-Fixed LOD-textures for all soldier-models.

-Fixed misspelled AK5c_grk to AK5c_grt (!INCLUDING CLASSNAME! See readme.)

-Changed all AI-names that included swedish letters that are not available ingame.

-Adjusted all sights in front of Aimpoint on AK5c to as it was on the grenade-launcher version.

-Another try to completely get rid of the orange reflecting effect on protective glasses on helmets.

Our previous version 1.1 must be installed first, and then you simply copy and replace with these new files.

It's currently hosted over at Armedassault.info, and should show up on Armaholic soon as well :)

Edit: And there it is on Armaholic ;)

Edited by Mr. Bravo

Some issues i have found:

1. The medics doesnt show as medics in the unitbar in the bottom of the screen (nere där man ser samtliga trupper man har i sitt team dvs).

2. The AR units ammo still doesnt work for me. This is a issue i have commented on before last patch.

Great job! I am working on a mission to be released in the future. :)

Long time no see guys! I just thought I should throw up an update here with what's going on in our project.

SAM will be available for Arrowhead as well, and it has already been converted a few weeks ago. But, together with our community we decided that we're pushing the release to at least late autumn, probably around christmas. This partly because people want to get used to and grow tired on vanilla Arrowhead first, and give us more time to make a lot more stuff to play around with. We in the SAM-team are also looking forward to get our hands on stable versions of ACE2 and ACRE to build our mod upon. So we're really hoping for a huge release at the end of the year, compared to our recent tiny ArmA2 versions. The file-structure have also been reworked to ease on future patches and hotfixes, and to keep things more organized.

So, what's happening right now? We're mainly focusing on our custom soldiers, which have been a huge mess up until recently. We have a first basic model done already, which is currently being textured and worked on in O2 for implementation. It's a huge and new project for us, so it will probably take a lot of effort before it's done.

Our second priority is to finish everything we've already began working with in the past, and making as much we can of what we already have. If that made any sense, heh.

Later on we're ready to begin working on vehicles. Galten and Strf90 have priority, and should be available in our first release. At least one of them!

There are also a few other projects going on by community-members who're learning and working on stuff like TGB11, ksp 12,7, grenades and more. Most of these will hopefully be included in our future release!

So, enough with the rabble. Here's a bunch of WIP-shots and a youtube-video of what we're currently working on.

The demo of our Fuse-system (By Nordin), which will be available on our Carl Gustav GRG m86 (Creds to TheSun for weapon-model!). A very nice feature to set detonation-distance on your rounds, both HE, Smoke and Flare. Check it out!

l_kp0hTgx0E

Highres pictures:

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/texturing1.jpg

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/--ak5e.jpg

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/----ak4aim.jpg

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/grg.jpg

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/grg3.jpg

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/hkp121.jpg

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/-hkp122.jpg

http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/hkp12med2.jpg

soldatBIS.jpg

ak5eBIS.jpg

grgBIS.jpg

hkp121BIS.jpg

Edited by Mr. Bravo

Weapons look nice mate, good work.

Just love the GRG Fusing..

Is 200m the lowest?

Your kidding about the release right..?!?!? LOL

You telling us we have to wait another 6 months to play with these

godies...Dang...Will be almost unbarable..

Thanks guys :)

;1698366']Just love the GRG Fusing..

Is 200m the lowest?

Your kidding about the release right..?!?!? LOL

You telling us we have to wait another 6 months to play with these

godies...Dang...Will be almost unbarable..

Yep, 200m is the lowest atm. I'm personally not sure what the real minimum-range is, or if Sweden has it increased for safetycause (Wouldn't surprise me). But we'll discuss it and dig for more information later on when we're adding the final touches.

Yeah, the release seems pretty far away right now, but I think time will move a lot faster than we think. Always does! :p And we dont just want to release the same things we had in recent versions, so all of our stuff is being more or less reworked and rebalanced for Arrowhead. The ultimate goal is to have a few variations of our custom soldiers and atleast one vehicle ready for our first release, and of course something for the new FLIR- and IR-functions of Arrowhead. I honestly have no idea how long it will take for us, but Christmas seemed like a reasonable deadline for now :D

Fuze distance is a easy to change, I will take a look at Spräng 00 as soon as I get the chance and set the distance to IRL specs.

Looks cool :D

(84mm Carl Gustav)

Yep, 200m is the lowest atm.

I reckon the warheads have improved since I was in the service, but the HE ones we where trained to use in the Norweigan army where basically heavy explosives packed with marble balls on the outside. Ergo, no high tech directional explosion etc. I wouldnt fire it under 200m tbh.

Its a long time ago, but I think war time min range was min 250m and peace time it was 450m.

Also the basic optics work on a white/green scale setting (white and green dot on the sights range wheel). Both having the normal range settings, but 200m on white wouldnt be next to 200m on green. White scale is direct. You aim dead center and the shell goes there. Green scale tilts the sights down a bit. You still aim directly at the target, but the shell will go slightly over the target instead. HE direct where always fired with the white scale, like HEAT etc, but the war head would always be sett to explode a 100m behind the target range just encase you missed. This was of course before laser range finders where common enough to update the tactics, ironically we had two lol, so today, knowing the range, you would probably sett it closer. The shell would still explode on impact even if the fuzzed range was set further.

Not totally sure, maybe mixing it up with another weapon, but I think the HE shells, if fuzzed, would explode even within minimum range if set once the timer went down. Ergo a few secs and a shell you dont fuck around with on the firing range.

Edited by JojoTheSlayer