Sign in to follow this  
Ace3

Is it going to be an ofp ressistance demo?

As June is getting closer I was wondering if we will be able to test Resistance new features with a demo. I know Resistance it is an expansion to OFP, which probably does not make it suitable for a demo,however I think that the new features and enhancements it includes make it perfect for a demo.

So, what do you think?

The only problem as I see it:

Why would anyone pay for the expansion if the new island was released as a demo, with the bus, new buildings e.t.c.? What would be left execpt the campaign and MP mission, which people could make themselves anyway?

Just wondering. They would have to put limits on the island (Ghost Recon, remember), then people would start complaining for not being able to "try out" the whole island and so on and so on.

I honestly doubt a demo of an expansion would be a good idea, especially when it comes to OFP. If it is doable, I wouldn´t mind, but I will buy the expansion anyway.

Hidden

I'm going to buy the addon too smile.gif

My philosophy: I buy a game I really enjoy to make my contribution to the developers, so that they keep working on improvements and/or similar new projects.

A demo would waste the whole thing. Because we are all waiting for something big with Resistance and if they get out a demo, they will have no other choice but to include lot's of stuff (if not all) to let the player experience and some people will maybe just use those stuff and put it in ofp and won't buy the add-ons because they are all in the demo for free.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hidden @ April 08 2002,16:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The only problem as I see it:

Why would anyone pay for the expansion if the new island was released as a demo, with the bus, new buildings e.t.c.? What would be left execpt the campaign and MP mission, which people could make themselves anyway?

Just wondering. They would have to put limits on the island (Ghost Recon, remember), then people would start complaining for not being able to "try out" the whole island and so on and so on.

I honestly doubt a demo of an expansion would be a good idea, especially when it comes to OFP. If it is doable, I wouldn´t mind, but I will buy the expansion anyway.

Hidden<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why would anyone pay for the expansion if the new island was released as a demo, with the bus, new buildings e.t.c.? What would be left execpt the campaign and MP mission, which people could make themselves anyway? <span id='postcolor'>

I agree

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As June is getting closer <span id='postcolor'>

I'll bet a hundred bucks Resistance doesn't come out in June.

Remember when Oxygen was supposed to be released in February? And aren't we still waiting for a program that will allow us to make our own islands?

I am going to take that bet, Resistance is coming out on June 21st, that is a fact. Here in Spain we are preparing an Ofp Tournament sponsored by Codemasters itself. The tournament dates are set so we the tournament final Lan party will be one day after Resistance is released. The final is schedulled for June 22nd and Codemasters agreed with that date, so probably Codemasters knows that the game is on schedule.

Get those 100 bucks ready, they are coming with me wink.gif

It will be out in june, its codemasters that the deadline and I dont know why you are comparing oxygen release date to a expansion pack. They have no reason to release oxygen to the public and when they do, it will be when they no longer use the engine for future games

ok...for ppl who are still sour about O2, here's the cold truth.

AFAIK, some mod groups (non-profit) seems to have some handle on it. This one is my guess cuz i never bothered to ask ppl about it.

it's BIS's own tool, and there's no moral/legal justification why BIS should release it. they can give out when they want to, if they want to. for those who whine about O2's delayed full-public release, i ask you to make a game for 4 yrs, sell millions of copies and then decide to release your tools. then complain about BIS's decision.

the terrain editor(named Visitor) was decided to be released in upcoming june. this has been on posts several times. Visitor is going to be released in June! if you don't believe me, goto Avon's FAQ and search for 'Oxygen' and you'll get the truth.

and speaking of Resistance release date, I have 90% bet that it'll be released in June. TAKE A NOTE: BIS is maker, CM is distributor. CM decides dates to release it. Ofcourse, there are unforseen events, so it might be that release will be delated, but if it's released it's either June 21st or 18th. I read conflicting dates about this. When CM first announced it's press release about Resistance release date, it was 28th, but on recent articles, it was noted as 21st.

So be patient, and pack your gears and get ready to move to Nogova. smile.gif

I reckon Resistance is pretty much finished already, so its definitely will be out in June

Im psyched... cant wait. I heard a rumor that there might be a civvy chopper... anyone else heard this?

nope, did not ear about a civic chopper

You all just don't forget that OFP was suppose to go out on May and it got out on September. But it was the full game, so it always propable in the case a full game that it get delaye. But i'm pretty sure that Resistance will come out at the end of June or at the begining of July maybe.

AFAIK, O2 still hasn't been released to any mod groups who sent sample work to BIS as requested.

I know they have no moral obligation to release this tool to the public (well, except for saying they would), but I think it would really increase the longevity and versatility of the game (ala Half-life).

No disrespect to BIS, but I really want some of these cool new models that are in the works.

As for resistance, can't hardly wait, should be awesome. I suspect that it will be on time. And I also suspect that no demo will come out, just as no Red Hammer demo came out (doubly so because a brand new island is involved).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deathguy @ April 09 2002,03:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You all just don't forget that OFP was suppose to go out on May and it got out on September. But i'm pretty sure that Resistance will come out at the end of June or at the begining of July maybe.<span id='postcolor'>

You just forgot something too. I got OFP by June 19 2001, still have the receipt and just checked it. I live in Europe, we got it before gamers over there. So there tounge.gif I don´t think you would have to worry about the release date, as it is an expansion pack this time.

Resistance will most likely be shipped to both USA, Europe and the rest of the world at the same time, or USA and Europe first. I doubt it will be downloadable. After all, Resistance consists of a brand new island, bigger than any of the previous ones (YAY!!), new and bigger buildings, towns, clothing, vehicles, enhanced graphics, sound and so on. Probably at least 200mb? If I got close enough, do I win a prize or something? Preferably a free copy wink.gif

Hidden

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We’re going to start the MP Test of the new Resistance netcode soon, and every owner of Operation Flashpoint can join in with the testing<span id='postcolor'>

I guess the answer about the beta was YES

Thanks BI!

How I love to be right... tounge.gif