Sign in to follow this  
Stugwi

Force AI RPG to target and fire

Hi,

The mission invloves an ambush by opfor on hummer vehicles. I would like to have opfor RPG fire near misses on the hummer convoy.

The only way i can achieve close to this is by using a dummy invisable hummer placed at a stratigic point along the convoys path. Problem is that all other opfor target the same dummy hummer (AK47, AR, grenadier ect).

What i want is an emmersive mission with some wild RPG being shot at the convoy. I have tried using the fire command - which causes the AI to shoot in the air, also the doFire seems not to work.

Any suggestions appreciated

You could use the deleteVehicle dummyname command to remove it after a short time.

kind regards

nettrucker

I often have problems getting the AI to target the right unit/vehicle with the "doTarget" command if I not first use the "reveal" command.

My 2 cents.

My thoughts are to implement a simple script to randomly cycle through available invisible targets. Set your insurgents to hold fire. at known or random timingpoints, cyclically match a target with a soldier and as Cyborg mentioned, maybe force a doTarget + selectWeapon + action ["USEWEAPON"] command

Not sure if this will aid you in what you are trying to achieve. I was tired of the amazing accuracy of the ai AT units, and really removed a lot of the enjoyment when try to play light armour in a mech infantry unit as it really was one hit gone!

So I created a small script to dumb down the AT units only when they are firing their AT weapons. This way you can get more near misses which can really add to the tension.

It doesn't make then completely bad, as I only play with their skill levels, so kills are still a very real possibility. Things like distance and vehicle speed will help with surviving.

By setting the AT units far enough back you could probably achieve something similiar to what you want. Currently it only sets the default opfor AT units. Though a small amount of knowledge in class names and it can be easily adapted to any unit that is placed in the editor.

If you need to ensure no vehicles are killed then this is not the solution.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8967

Edited by blakeace