Sign in to follow this  
seedo81

How to Edit Domination Map in ARMA2 Editor?

Hello:

I Will Really Appreciated if some one can tell me how to edit domination mod map in arma2 editor, i just want to add some jet fighters in the airport cuz when i start the domination mode i dont find jets.

Thank you

WoW i didn't know my question is hard!

or is my question maybe not clear?

i love to edit a domination mod i want to add some jet fighters in the airport using the arma2 editor

please help

Google and search are where you should start. That question has been answered 7,000 times at least here. Not to be rude, but take a little initiative yourself.

Google and search are where you should start. That question has been answered 7,000 times at least here. Not to be rude, but take a little initiative yourself.

I would like to suggest stickies "That question has been answered 7,000 times at least here. Not to be rude," on most searched quarries. I know some are put in bold but would like it more easier like New players here ? thread.

Stickies:

HowTo: Play downloaded Coop and Single Player maps in the editor and edit them.

HowTo: All your question and answers (Video, step by step) for Mods.

HowTo: Play and Host on your own computer with ArmA2.

This is being done by some great ArmA community players which has helped me a great deal. But needs it's own AREA: New Players Here.

hi guys i really searched but i couldn't find maybe am stupid

i really appreciate it if someone could help

Was the link I provided invisible to you? Maybe there is a bug on this forum... I can't believe a link to a De-Pbo'ing utility was answered with "How i De-Pbo"...

Was the link I provided invisible to you? Maybe there is a bug on this forum... I can't believe a link to a De-Pbo'ing utility was answered with "How i De-Pbo"...

man ur link its a little bit complicated for what i want, but thanx anyway :p

I would like to suggest stickies "That question has been answered 7,000 times at least here. Not to be rude," on most searched quarries. I know some are put in bold but would like it more easier like New players here ? thread.

Stickies:

HowTo: Play downloaded Coop and Single Player maps in the editor and edit them.

HowTo: All your question and answers (Video, step by step) for Mods.

HowTo: Play and Host on your own computer with ArmA2.

This is being done by some great ArmA community players which has helped me a great deal. But needs it's own AREA: New Players Here.

Alright, I've searched all around for those topics and can't seem to find them. In fact this is the only thread that comes up when I search for those titles. Can't seem to find any tutorials on placing a vehicle into domination mode.

I basically want to do the same thing...just add starting vehicles into domination mode.

I can extract the .pbo and put the vehicles in with the editor, but the mission becomes broken when I try to play it. It starts off with all AI, and none of the features of domination mode work. I save as a multiplayer mission file and it no longer works.

1st off get Cpbo and get it working from the link above.

Then place the version of domination you want to edit assuming 2.54 takistan and place into Documents/User/Arma 2/Missions

Double click the pbo to extract you should now have a folder with the same name as the pbo in your mission folder.

Load up the game go into the editor and select takistan, load the mission.

Place the planes you want into the mission wherever you want them to spawn.

Use Tophes vehicle respawn script or else when they die they are gone.

Export the mission as a Multiplyer map and host on your own pc or get the new pbo from /program files /arma 2 /missions or steam/steamsapps/common/arma 2/missions.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

I can extract the .pbo and put the vehicles in with the editor, but the mission becomes broken when I try to play it. It starts off with all AI, and none of the features of domination mode work. I save as a multiplayer mission file and it no longer works.

When you save it Alt Tab into your documents and make sure all of the correct files are in the folder ie if you rename the mission in the editor it creates a new folder ensure that folder contains all of the domi files in it.

1st off get Cpbo and get it working from the link above.

Then place the version of domination you want to edit assuming 2.54 takistan and place into Documents/User/Arma 2/Missions

Double click the pbo to extract you should now have a folder with the same name as the pbo in your mission folder.

Load up the game go into the editor and select takistan, load the mission.

Place the planes you want into the mission wherever you want them to spawn.

Use Tophes vehicle respawn script or else when they die they are gone.

Export the mission as a Multiplyer map and host on your own pc or get the new pbo from /program files /arma 2 /missions or steam/steamsapps/common/arma 2/missions.

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

When you save it Alt Tab into your documents and make sure all of the correct files are in the folder ie if you rename the mission in the editor it creates a new folder ensure that folder contains all of the domi files in it.

Yeah I tried all of that stuff and it didn't work. However, I did find a bit of a work around.

I started with a fresh mission from the editor, and placed all of the vehicles that I wanted in the map. After I had everything I wanted, I saved the new map and closed it.

Then I opened the new mission.sqm file and the mission.sqm file in the domination map. I cut out the lines that looked like this for the vehicles in the map.

class Vehicles

{

items=70;

class Item0

{

position[]={8332.682,296.04,2050.149};

azimut=-28.5048;

id=0;

side="EMPTY";

vehicle="CH_47F_EP1";

lock="UNLOCKED";

skill=0.6;

text="ch1";

};

class Item1

{

position[]={8303.935,296.2253,2034.369};

azimut=-28.5048;

id=1;

side="EMPTY";

vehicle="UH1H_TK_GUE_EP1";

lock="UNLOCKED";

skill=0.6;

text="ch2";

I had to adjust the items=xx field to incorporate the new vehicles. Also had to change the Item filed for each new vehicle in the script. Finally I had to change the id=xx field. After I changed all of that stuff and got the brackets and commas in the right place, it worked.

Now I'm having a different problem. The aircraft that I dropped in the dom map have a 30 min wait time before I can fly them, regardless of the server parameters. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Yeah I tried all of that stuff and it didn't work. However, I did find a bit of a work around.

I started with a fresh mission from the editor, and placed all of the vehicles that I wanted in the map. After I had everything I wanted, I saved the new map and closed it.

Then I opened the new mission.sqm file and the mission.sqm file in the domination map. I cut out the lines that looked like this for the vehicles in the map.

class Vehicles

{

items=70;

class Item0

{

position[]={8332.682,296.04,2050.149};

azimut=-28.5048;

id=0;

side="EMPTY";

vehicle="CH_47F_EP1";

lock="UNLOCKED";

skill=0.6;

text="ch1";

};

class Item1

{

position[]={8303.935,296.2253,2034.369};

azimut=-28.5048;

id=1;

side="EMPTY";

vehicle="UH1H_TK_GUE_EP1";

lock="UNLOCKED";

skill=0.6;

text="ch2";

I had to adjust the items=xx field to incorporate the new vehicles. Also had to change the Item filed for each new vehicle in the script. Finally I had to change the id=xx field. After I changed all of that stuff and got the brackets and commas in the right place, it worked.

Now I'm having a different problem. The aircraft that I dropped in the dom map have a 30 min wait time before I can fly them, regardless of the server parameters. Any ideas on how to fix this?

That looks very complicated way of doing it :)

What version of Domi are you editing and what do you want in it? Some versions have the parameters set within the mission and you cant change them.

LOL,

Yeah it is a complicated way of doing it...I swear I tried everything with the editor, though. Especially for somebody that is a noob to scripting and editing (like myself.)

It was some problem with the mission.sqm when I would edit it, it would become broken. I tried saving as multiplayer, copying files, merging, and a bunch of other stuff. This is the only way that worked.

I did just find the setting in the server parameters that was kicking me out of jets too so I'm gtg for the moment.

I feel like I accomplished something with the hard way...maybe its a start to a future scripter :p

what are you editing the mission.sqm file with ?

I use ArmAEdit now with the patch for ArmA2

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1455

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8354

it may be that when you are opening it up and saving it with what ever you are using it is not saving the content on the right lines and there fore breaking the code if you get my drift

also another great tool for editing is this

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4847

i know it is for ArmA but it is still a source of information for beginners like you and me

I hope his helps

Question related to this forum can you only add jets and vehicles native to official versions of the game? I have the GLT F16 mod and I have followed this forum exactly, my two a10's I have added show up fine but the f16 only brings an error that I can not play or edit this mission because it based on downloadable content thats been deleted then references file glt_falcon_oa_config.

I researched it and in mission.sqm there is:

addOns [] =

"cacharacters2"

"etc etc etc"

"etc etc etc"

then i see a "glt_falcon_a2_config" but no glt_falcon_oa_config so naturally i thought maybe its not there si I tried all combination nothing worked.

Not sure how that relates to the actual mod in my @GLT_F16 > addons folder there are files called glt_f16.pbo and glt_f16_a2_config.pbo and glt_f16_oa_config.pbo as well as the server keys.

I unpbo the glt_f16_a2_config and in there is a hidden file called $PREFIX$ which only had the text glt_f16_oa_config in it.

Important note is I can place a MP map like domination in my editor in arma2OA edit it with the f16 locally with my addons activated them host a local lan or even a internet game from my local PC but when I edit the pbo and upload it to the server if the f16 is in it it will not work. however if I do the above edit it and add say a10's to it then I can upload to the server and play it from the server no issues?

Im confused and yes I have read all I can find but this is killing me??

---------- Post added at 05:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

Ohh so to make sure it gets answered too, anyone know if non native vehicles can be added to MP maps like domination specifically jets from GLT http://glt-addons.armaholic.eu/forum/index.php