Will they actively seek out players? Ie. a base in the middle of nowhere.

And do they communicate enemy positions?

Will they actively seek out players? Ie. a base in the middle of nowhere.

And do they communicate enemy positions?

That base would have to be added to the locations array somehow. As of now only map-based Arma2-locations are considered.

They do not communicate enemy positions, because i don`t think zeds would be up for a chat with each other or use radios ;)

Ahhh.

Nah, that's fair enough. So I guess I could lure them with a base between two major towns, as they'd cross between them?

You mentioned they don't work well with waypoints? How else do you say, get a base defense situation going, against them?

Ahhh.

Nah, that's fair enough. So I guess I could lure them with a base between two major towns, as they'd cross between them?

You mentioned they don't work well with waypoints? How else do you say, get a base defense situation going, against them?

I might include custom locations in future updates. I am aware that this is desirable for some mission makers, but i had to get the location system going with the towns first.

My advise is to build a safe base inside of a city/town and use the Safezone triggers to keep them out of the perimeter walls.

A base between towns might work as long as they will be able to spot any human on their way.

There is however a little workaround to make a zed group go to a position of your choice.

You would have to declare a group a mover-group and give them the waypoint coordinates.

But it would of course be more convenient if the zeds include that base location in their migration choice automatically.

Edited by Charon Productions

Is there a way to make the Zombies a little bit faster?I think the zombie modul work better than the infected modul.

Is there a way to make the Zombies a little bit faster?I think the zombie modul work better than the infected modul.

I don`t know what you mean with "better", because they are identical except for the models ;)

But i have thought about speeding the slow zeds a bit up too, i realized today that they are a bit slower than the group leader, so i will speed them up a bit in the update.

because they are identical except for the models
ah sorry, not better but with less bugs(no warping, pathfinding...)seems so for me^^

wow infected are realy fast lol they kill you no chance to run away:eek: i think a little bit too fast hehe.

Edited by TeilX

Great mod Charon, it's a lot of fun.

But i had an idea yesterday. Maybe some of the zombies can rise again, after they were shot.

Can someone try to make the infected group respawn?

Ive tried with this download but i might have messed up. Can someone try and post results?

AI respawn group and move to WP script. Search that on Armaholic.

Heres the link./

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6197

Edited by WMike20052

I'd love a script that checks count of Infected and randomly spawns more within the area to keep the number stable.

Anyone?

@Karamazov: CHN_UNDEAD_FRIENDLYFIR=true;

in your init.sqf will make your player character take friendly fire damage.

Han anyone gotten this to work?

Edited by karamazov

I'd love a script that checks count of Infected and randomly spawns more within the area to keep the number stable.

Anyone?

@Many:

Concerning a group spawn of zeds, look into the script named SpawnZeds.sqf

in the mission Infected_Gorod.

It`s as simple as that. No waypoints needed/advised even.

Look into all the demo missions/scripts. They have been made as a help

for mission makers.

Hmm, how do you want it served? On a golden plate?

It`s in the demo missions. Analyze the demo mission Infected_Gorod-scripts and you`ll find exactly what you are looking for.

hope this hasn't been mentioned before but are you going to keep the reporting enemies (man to our front close etc) in as it could get a bit monotonous with so many zombies after a while i feel , i say this without meaning i offend your great mod. keep up the good work.

hope this hasn't been mentioned before but are you going to keep the reporting enemies (man to our front close etc) in as it could get a bit monotonous with so many zombies after a while i feel , i say this without meaning i offend your great mod. keep up the good work.

http://www.mapfact.net/include.php?path=news&contentid=81

I will release a little update later or tomorrow that fixes:

The Undead V0.81 (20/01/2010):

Fixed zeds "running in the air" for a too long time in steep terrains

Humans on rooftops or significantly higher altitudes than the zeds won`t be

assigned as their targets anymore

Static weapon crews are now vulnerable to zombie attacks as intended

Alright i'll ask this again, how could you get a zombie group to follow a certain "unit" or moving object over the map without actually seeing where the unit is and not having the "move" order deplete.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Like the migration.

Alright i'll ask this again, how could you get a zombie group to follow a certain "unit" or moving object over the map without actually seeing where the unit is and not having the "move" order deplete.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

Like the migration.

Hmm, why follow?

They follow automatically after target prioritization.

If you would attempt to assign a sub-optimal target to the group, the module would override that with the optimal one.

In case you just want to move a group somewhere, you would have to pass a couple of variables to the group:

_wp=_zombiegrp addWaypoint [YOURDESIREDPOSITION,30];

_wp setwaypointspeed "FULL";

_zombiegrp setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_ONTHEMOVE",true];

_zombiegrp setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_MOVEDEST",YOURDESIREDPOSITION];

_zombiegrp setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_DESTSIZE",30];

That should work, haven`t tested it.

Keep in mind, that this can screw up the virtual infection

Ok ive been looking at the Zed spawn sqf but i have no idea how to get it to work.

Ive copied the sqf to my mission folder and copy pasted the ZedSpawn1 game logic but no infected are spawning.

Can someone please stop beating around the bush and let us know how to do it. Not everyone understands scripts.

Thx.

Eeeerr..WMike...

I think the point here is to place 1st Already infected units (Independent)..and then fresh civilians-to produce more infected.

I dont think Zeds would spawn from "nothing"..

(i m wrong?...)

No Charon and some other guy are saying its possible to have the infected groups to keep spawning. They said to look inside one of the demo missions folders because the .sqf script files are there.

Problem is nobody explains how to get the script working. I spawned a group with the game logic and all that but after they all died none respawned.

Just a simple how to is all im asking. Please. Thankyou.

Hmm, why follow?

They follow automatically after target prioritization.

If you would attempt to assign a sub-optimal target to the group, the module would override that with the optimal one.

In case you just want to move a group somewhere, you would have to pass a couple of variables to the group:

_wp=_zombiegrp addWaypoint [YOURDESIREDPOSITION,30];

_wp setwaypointspeed "FULL";

_zombiegrp setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_ONTHEMOVE",true];

_zombiegrp setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_MOVEDEST",YOURDESIREDPOSITION];

_zombiegrp setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_DESTSIZE",30];

That should work, haven`t tested it.

Keep in mind, that this can screw up the virtual infection

So does that work in multiplayer?

so a reduced voices mod wont break or ruin this zombie mod, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Has anyone at least *tried* MP? I realize that there is no support for the Undead mod's features, does this mean that the whole mod altogether does not work in MP?

Or does it mean that certain features don't work, and you can still kill regular zombies?

Sorry if this has been answered before:) (P.S. the mod is great Charon)

Has anyone at least *tried* MP? I realize that there is no support for the Undead mod's features, does this mean that the whole mod altogether does not work in MP?

Or does it mean that certain features don't work, and you can still kill regular zombies?

Sorry if this has been answered before:) (P.S. the mod is great Charon)

I've tested it in multiplayer. It works fine, most of the scripts don't but the zombies do.

I have fixed a couple of issues including friendlyfire now working for those who really want to be constantly killed by their AI teammates.

The Undead Mod V0.81 part1

Just replace the file chn_undead.pbo and chn_undead.pbo.CHN.bisign

in your addons folder. The other files don`t need to be updated.

The Undead V0.81 (20/01/2010):

Fixed zeds "running in the air" for a too long time in steep terrains

Humans on rooftops or significantly higher altitudes than the zeds won`t be

assigned as their targets anymore

Static weapon crews are now vulnerable to zombie attacks as intended

Friendlyfire works now.

CHN_UNDEAD_FRIENDLYFIR=true in your init.sqf of your mission

enables friendlyfire, but it can`t be turned off at a later point.