So awhile back i made a large mission on the Saharni, and had random spawn triggers set all over the island, to play in MP. Yes i know your not familiar with MP scripts and stuff, but one thing i thought was interesting, was that in many situations, me and buddy would just run away from the zombies and it seemed like they were'nt chasing us. So we did a expermint, and it seems like the zombies just fallow the players path. Like i would run past the zombies to say point A then i'd go to point B, and end at point C and lets say point C closer to point A then B...We would watch the zombies, and when they reached point B, they wouldn't cut across the land they would fallow our direct path that we took....

wow i don't think that makes much sense hehe...I will try and fraps it at some point and show you what i mean

So now the other zombies wont attack you if you are also a zombie?

It was annoying turning a group of poeple into zombies only for them to turn on me.

So awhile back i made a large mission on the Saharni, and had random spawn triggers set all over the island, to play in MP. Yes i know your not familiar with MP scripts and stuff, but one thing i thought was interesting, was that in many situations, me and buddy would just run away from the zombies and it seemed like they were'nt chasing us. So we did a expermint, and it seems like the zombies just fallow the players path. Like i would run past the zombies to say point A then i'd go to point B, and end at point C and lets say point C closer to point A then B...We would watch the zombies, and when they reached point B, they wouldn't cut across the land they would fallow our direct path that we took....

wow i don't think that makes much sense hehe...I will try and fraps it at some point and show you what i mean

"Cutting" path planning would necessitate more math --> more lag

So as it is they do just head to whereever the nearest human is.

Script lag is the biggest spoiler in this, i have tried everything to reduce it, but it´s inherent in Arma2.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

So now the other zombies wont attack you if you are also a zombie?

It was annoying turning a group of poeple into zombies only for them to turn on me.

No they won´t, i have excluded the player now if he is a zombie from being attacked.

A couple of scripts were checking for player proximity to counter the script lag.

EDIT: To ensure that V0.85 is working okay a short test phase would be great, so for a few people

i can send out V0.85 before releasing it. Please PM me about it.

Edited by Charon Productions

I HAVE A little problem

I do a mission that I do checkpoint in middle of the night in 4 cities:

unit player and the wayponts with "move" i every city. (every city is 2km one to the other)

then i put a group of zombies in every city and a waypont at 50mts action: seek and destroy

(*is necessary to put the module: The undead zombies??)

I want that when a BLUFOR troop (cannot be a player because if they kill me in some city i switch of body to another blufor troop) go 300mts of the zombie group, that zombie group appears (before need to be hide) and do that seek and destroy checkpoint.

how i can do a big circle of around 200 500mts of the needed trigger and what need to said? and i need synchronize or group that trigger whit the zombie group?

I am sorry that I ask but every time I begin the mission the zombies in every city comes to me, is for that i want all of them hide

sorry bad English. And very nice mod. is missing more chechenian or Russian police types (no American), small machineguns (uzis, Mac10, TMP, UMP), and flashlight for pistols and rifles. or just a lantern light(more terrorific, no night vision)

i have already the @duala mod police and the @LAE pólice

PD: THE MOD IS GREAT !

I HAVE A little problem

I do a mission that I do checkpoint in middle of the night in 4 cities:

unit player and the wayponts with "move" i every city. (every city is 2km one to the other)

then i put a group of zombies in every city and a waypont at 50mts action: seek and destroy

(*is necessary to put the module: The undead zombies??)

I want that when a BLUFOR troop (cannot be a player because if they kill me in some city i switch of body to another blufor troop) go 300mts of the zombie group, that zombie group appears (before need to be hide) and do that seek and destroy checkpoint.

how i can do a big circle of around 200 500mts of the needed trigger and what need to said? and i need synchronize or group that trigger whit the zombie group?

I am sorry that I ask but every time I begin the mission the zombies in every city comes to me, is for that i want all of them hide

sorry bad English. And very nice mod. is missing more chechenian or Russian police types (no American), small machineguns (uzis, Mac10, TMP, UMP), and flashlight for pistols and rifles. or just a lantern light(more terrorific, no night vision)

i have already the @duala mod police and the @LAE pólice

PD: THE MOD IS GREAT !

Hey man,

i have a little trouble understanding your exact problem.

If you are assigning waypoints to the zombies WHILE the undead module

is active, these waypoints will be overwriten by the module´s waypoint assignments.

You must set that zombie group to:

this setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_GRPTYPE","STATIC",true];

when using the spawn module

if you really wanna assign waypoint yourself.

Or assign the variables to the zombies group :

_group setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_NONMIGRP",true];

_group setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_STATICGRP",true,true];

This will make sure that they won´t get waypoints assigned by the undead module.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Charon Productions

Hey man,

i have a little trouble understanding your exact problem.

If you are assigning waypoints to the zombies WHILE the undead module

is active, these waypoints will be overwriten by the module´s waypoint assignments.

You must set that zombie group to:

when using the spawn module

if you really wanna assign waypoint yourself.

Or assign the variables to the zombies group :

This will make sure that they won´t get waypoints assigned by the undead module.

Hope that helps.

thanks for clear that doubt

so i will prefer put the zombie module. no the waypoint

do you know activate that zombie module with BLUFOR presence of 300-500mts radius?

thanks for clear that doubt

so i will prefer put the zombie module. no the waypoint

do you know activate that zombie module with BLUFOR presence of 300-500mts radius?

Hm, you could try using two triggers.

One with Blufor present and the other Blufor Not present.

And on act you can use this code. Of course changing it to fit your needs.

MODULENAME setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",false,true];

Edit: Has anyone played Charons mission yet? It's amazingly fun but was wondering if it was possible to make it CooP, has anyone tried?

Edited by Genesis92x

Cant wait for this update, making a map on Panthera already :D

Hm, you could try using two triggers.

One with Blufor present and the other Blufor Not present.

And on act you can use this code. Of course changing it to fit your needs.

MODULENAME setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",false,true];

Edit: Has anyone played Charons mission yet? It's amazingly fun but was wondering if it was possible to make it CooP, has anyone tried?

I think the .85 version will include a coop mission. Also I think there are two coop missions already available at armaholic.com.

Only runner on 0.85 ?

for stop module what is the command, i tested :

modul setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",false];

modul setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",false,true];

modul setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",false,false];

Nothing work.

Only runner on 0.85 ?

for stop module what is the command, i tested :

Nothing work.

You must name your spawn module and put EXACTLY THAT name into

NAMEOFYOURMODULE setvariable ["CHN_UNDEAD_SM_ACTIVE",false,true];

modul in my example is the name of the module.

modul in my example is the name of the module.

Hm, from what I've heard, you have to disable the module right in the beginning of the mission. So you can do it in the init.sqs file or have a trigger that disables the module right off the bat. And then you should be able to turn it off and on at free will.

Has anyone actually tried to run this with OA?

It does not work properly?

It does run properly, I have played It on OA/CO (They don't have issues killing or anything)

The only thing Is that It Is rather silly seeing US Army Soldiers and Takistan Civilians Turn Into USMC Undead soldiers and Chernarus Civilians Respectively :D

It does run properly, I have played It on OA/CO (They don't have issues killing or anything)

The only thing Is that It Is rather silly seeing US Army Soldiers and Takistan Civilians Turn Into USMC Undead soldiers and Chernarus Civilians Respectively :D

Okay, would have been surprising if it wouldnt run in OA.

Feel free to create a texture pack for US Army Soldiers Takistan Civilians, the guidelines have been given ;)

I loved the zombie mod mixed with OA, nothing better than seeing a chinook swing by to rescue you :D

The Zombie Module doesnt spawn any zombies.

I mean the Spawn Module for Slow Zed's.

Hum, are you sure everything is set up properly? I'm not home at the moment but I'm sure they work

Hum, are you sure everything is set up properly? I'm not home at the moment but I'm sure they work

Just tested it for both infected and zombies and works as intended, please thoroughly read the documentation and DO look into the spawn module demo mission for reference.

Any chance on an ETA?

I know you have a life you gotta live, just wondering :D

Any chance on an ETA?

I know you have a life you gotta live, just wondering :D

Well the testers have not reported any errors, so maybe next weekend. ;)