Sign in to follow this  
Potatomasher

CAMP - Dogs Of War

nope... the air raid mission is impossible for infantry guy like me... sorry but abandoning this campaign. thanks for the effort.

I gave everyone a M136 to take out the Tungusgas and the BMP's.. Try to take out the supporting infantry quickly or they will use flares to call for reinforcements the sneaky buggers :)

SD

yeah there are patrols here & there in the area.

I think the most efficient way is giving javelin to team member or two and self carrying SMAW. With that firepower destroying everything armored should be no problem. Javelins can be used in much more greater distance than M136 like in real life. Range of M136 isn't probably very far.

At the Black mission forest, how many Satchel charge do i need to destroy the AA?? Only one doesn't seem to disturb it :-/

It depends how vulnerable place you put the satchel. 2 satchels will most definetly blow it to sky high eveytime. Usually with one satchel i manage to disable the tunguska so that the crew bails out.

nope... the air raid mission is impossible for infantry guy like me... sorry but abandoning this campaign. thanks for the effort.

Really. I'm myself more of a infantry player too and thought this wouldn't be too hard because i can't fly much either.

Well, you could always use endmission cheat. ;)

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Campaign updated to V 1.2

Changelog V. 1.2

- Added whole new mission

- Added coop support

- Added snipers around town Novy Sobor in Wrath of God mission

- Added some objects and fortifications to couple of missions

- Increased difficulty of Spec Ops missions

- Some minor tweaks

Edited by Potatomasher

Jason I had to turn off ACE 2 for that mission as I am a grunt myself (If we were meant to fly god would have given us wings, right) I just couldn't cope with all the manual targetting etc. but once it was off it was a bit easier. there actually isnt a lot to do just 2 tanks a tungusga, a car and 1 helo. Just watch out for the tunguska.

But it is a good mission, nice placing of the armour PM by the way, inside the walls of the castles (sneaky).

Maybe try the skipmission cheat (LEFT SHIFT + NUMBER PAD -, release and type ENDMISSION) to get through it as you might enjoy the next mission :)

SD

Thanks for the responses guys. :)

I have no number pad on my wolf king keyboard, so I can't endmission. That mission felt much more hopeless than the countless times I was boxed in by tens of enemy infantries closing in on me. sigh... tried so many approaches but I always get hit by the tunguska missile before I can even tab lock on it. Maybe I suck... ok, ok, I SUCK. :)

UPDATE : Tried another 2 times and concluded that there is no way to target that tunguska without it locking on me first. And I get taken down by that tunguska as early as a couple of hundred meters after take off. (default game, no mods)

Edited by jasonnoguchi

Thanks for the responses guys. :)

I have no number pad on my wolf king keyboard, so I can't endmission. That mission felt much more hopeless than the countless times I was boxed in by tens of enemy infantries closing in on me. sigh... tried so many approaches but I always get hit by the tunguska missile before I can even tab lock on it. Maybe I suck... ok, ok, I SUCK. :)

UPDATE : Tried another 2 times and concluded that there is no way to target that tunguska without it locking on me first. And I get taken down by that tunguska as early as a couple of hundred meters after take off. (default game, no mods)

If you're willing to try i can give you some advice.

Don't try to take out that tunguska yet. Flank from north flying low altitude at this time and approach the objective tanks first. Before getting anywhere near them get altitude about 500 or more because they have protection from castle walls, but if you're high enough you can shoot over the walls and hit them. Now when you're near them quickly put nose down and try to lock on to them. T-90 is obviously the most dangerous one. Get it first if possible. Also don't ever get too low altitude otherwise prepare to get AA missile hit from infantry. Now when you have taken out tanks quickly turn back and go at full speed before Hokum get's you. Now when you're closing on again that tunguska on Devils castle you can launch missile towards it because from this direction the castle wall won't protect it. After that just land safely on base and go meet CO.

WOw... thats complex as hell for me... how about a mission before this for specops to take out AA elements before sending the birds in? Would rather take out those tanks by foot...hahaha.... give me a Humvee and a couple of Metis and I will show you why there is no need to buy aircrafts for war...hahahaha (just joking by the way. there always is a need for aircrafts)

Edited by jasonnoguchi

WOw... thats complex as hell for me... how about a mission before this for specops to take out AA elements before sending the birds in? Would rather take out those tanks by foot...hahaha.... give me a Humvee and a couple of Metis and I will show you why there is no need to buy aircrafts for war...hahahaha (just joking by the way. there always is a need for aircrafts)

:D

I'll see what i can do. When i next time get the inspiration to build new mission. ;)

I did it another way. First i went to the castle with the Tunguska. my gunner quickly tock out the infrantery guys. after that i flew around the castle slow and low until I figured out where the tunguska is. I poped up behind a wall and gave her some hydras. Problem solved.

Then off to the tanks. Overfly the castle at high speed, gunner reports targets. give the gunner the AA Soldier as target another overfly and he was gone. gained some altitude and droped Hellfires on the Tanks. even killed the Hokum. He is pretty useless with ACE activated (In reality his Vikhr rockets are completely useless against flying targets)

Remeber stay low, stay fast, pop up and give them hell. I´m really experienced at chopper flying. I remeber when Arma came out Xeno made his great Air Cav mission. I loved to fly the Blackhawks. And I was the first one to be crazy enoght to fly the harbour in Elektrozavodsk as LZ. The town was guarded by two tunguskas so I had to fly really really low over the water following the shoer to have some cover. Was really funny when I did it the first time and everybody in the choper thought that I will crash into the water or get shot down, so everybody jumped out into the ocean. I arrived at the harbour, landed safely and then noticed it. They were all somewhere in the ocean wit no weapons left (When Arma came out you loosed all your Weapons when going in deep water)^^OMG I was laughing so hard

Using the new autoinit Mando missiles system + proper object distance mod, I was at last able spot and destroy the first tunguska at a range of 3km! hehehee... fellow didn't even see what hit em! now doing the same thing for that second base, standing off 3000m but still got hit by some mystery missiles...sigh...

UPDATE: took out all the T-72s at 2.7km! hhehehehe fucker didn't know what hit em... MISSION COMPLETED AT LAST THANKS TO THE LAST MANDO MISSILES!!!!!

Edited by jasonnoguchi

UPDATE: took out all the T-72s at 2.7km! hhehehehe fucker didn't know what hit em... MISSION COMPLETED AT LAST THANKS TO THE LAST MANDO MISSILES!!!!!

Great to hear you finally made it. :)

btw. I'm releasing later today or tomorrow an update that adds a new spec ops mission to this campaign right before Air Raid mission though that one stays in campaign too.

I think it's my coolest mission so far... ;)

EAGERLY WAITING! hey, does that mean we need to do this campaign all over again?!?!?!?

Well. ...yes and no. :o

You could play the rest of the missions before updating campaign and then afterwards start from beginning with updated campaign. The new mission is between Village Sweep & Air Raid.

Now after this update campaign has 10 missions and anymore i'm not going to add any missions. I'll propably wait Thirsk island and make new campaign to that.

Edited by Potatomasher

Seriously, all the infantry based missions so far are realistically made with realistic number of enemies (i.e, not 1 vs 50) and are quite easy to clear so I don't really mind doing them again. Just that apache mission ... was a mission impossible for me if not for mando missiles :(... glad I don't have to do that mission again to play your new mission...hehehe

Campaign updated

Changelog V. 1.3

- Added new spec ops mission Fade To Black before Air Raid mission.

- Fixed triggers that was missing extraction task completed

- Some minor change to black forest ending trigger

- Some minor tweaks

Nice campaign :) Only got through 3 missions so far but really enjoying myself.

Also a nice surprise to find that it doesn't need addons.

Just wanted to say thanks for making it, and now i'll get back to playing it.

Campaign updated.

Changelog V. 1.4

- Added Intro cutscene

- Added Outro cutscene

- Added medi tent to Wrath Of God mission

OH GOD! I can't resist intro and outros! I am gonna download the new version and start over. :)

:) Just don't expect too much. It's nothing special.

Cutscene editing is real pain in the ass to be honest. ;) Simple looking thing may take some time adjust.

@Potato, I know what you mean buddy. I have been working on the cutscene for my mission too and its a BITCH!!!! Respect. :)

Campaign updated to V. 1.5

Changelog:

- fixed all the script errors i found in intro/outro and in missions.

- Moved all conversation by player or HQ to sidechat.

- Now tasks automatically activate the next one after completing the task before.

- Prologue Patrol mission now has added stuff like civilians. It is pretty boring i have to admit. ;)

Special thanks to SaOk from OFPEC for showing me the errors and help.

Edited by Potatomasher