Sign in to follow this  
JaXxe

Umm.. tracks from the vehicles?

I can only play ArmA2 on normal settings, so I don't know if there is tracks on higher settings.

If not, I do find it odd that a multi-tonne tank with large belts won't make any tracks in the dirt and fields and so on...

(you should see a field ground up by an armed vehicle irl...)

Would add nicely to the game imo.

Edited by JaXxe

Well they certainly used to in an earlier version. I wonder if they were deliberately disabled to claw back a little performance :)

Back in the days when first consoles were strong i remember when EA created a little shitstorm with their fans and games magazines for not including mirroring ice in one of the earlier NHL games, only to have it be a big thing for the sequel even though it was technically very doable in the previously released game aswell :rolleyes:

So, maybe ... tracks will be praised as new & unique feature for OA :D

Same as with car horns or reloading animations not being broadcasted over MP!!!

Or dual visor on G36 ... i said it long time before and will repeat: Fix the features instead of simply removing ´em!

Well they certainly used to in an earlier version. I wonder if they were deliberately disabled to claw back a little performance :)

Ah I see, well then it is an obvious check box for the advanced video settings menu.

No its not a setting that brings them back or not. Like DMarkwick said they were present before in earlier versions of the game and in ArmA1, but after some updates they were either removed deliberatly to up performance or they were bugged out. We dont know wich (i think?) because i opened a thread with this long time ago in the beta section but got no answer IIRC.

Thats sucks! thats the only one things, i like to see ingame, no track vehicle and foot print= not realistic, and peoples like to see thats, because people use this for tactical, i dont understand why Bis team doest answers about that, i feel very angry about that! never responding, nothing...performance thing!?

C'mon on arma 1 i never see my performance droping, just because have some track on road everywhere, the big problem on arma 2, game is very instable, and thats track probably not the real problem, about performance but much other things never fixed! i like to see in the future, a box, in video settings, posible to enable ou dissable track and foot print, thats will be nice, if peoples have bad performance, our not, will be posible to enable, our disable.

But please somone from Bis responding, about thats, the game suck a lot, when you remove track things.

You may notice that grass stays down were someone or something went.

Maybe it was a simple this or that choice?

The track textures in ArmA died not stay for long and you wont even notice them at the Chernarus environment.

Edited by Beagle

maybe it's time for an even better "tracks" system that can transform heavily passed grass into mud(-tracks) (maybe spawning a "crater"-object would be fine).

This would offer another tactical level to base/camp-finding (e.g. in warefare), forcing the player to think where he drives away/to his own camp to reduce any signs of presence (tracks).

As i said before the settings are all there it seems its disabled elsewhere. I will look into it more but it might be case of like the tracer effects which are also hardcore disabled elswhere to not-appear when incoming for example.