Sign in to follow this  
yogie44

will arma 2 work used

i was going to buy arma 2 used from a frend for the pc and i was wondering if i could still play it online

Edited by yogie44

i was going to buy arma 2 for the pc and i was wondering if i could still play it online

If the key is included, yes.

so if the key code is used i can still play online

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

is there any thing else i will have to do to get it to work

so if the key code is used i can still play online

As long as the person isn't online at the same time, yes. But I'm not quite sure. Maybe somebody else knows for sure.

You will need the latest patch, 1.05. Other than that you should be good to go.

HOWEVER, if it were me, I would make certain that your friend won't play it anymore. If he still has it installed with the latest patch and decides to play online, it might activate the copy protection ( whether on his or your system, I have no clue.)

Edited by Captain Carnage

If it were me I would then only use it for SP offline use if you know hes still has it installed or if I wanted online use not bother and get my own copy.

In effect he should be selling you the product and the key for your end user use, he should then not have the game installed or running under that license key as that serial/key is for that product that he sold to you (he is in effect selling you that serial number for your own use as the purchaser) You have paid him for the key which is one user only.

You wouldn't buy from a game shop if you knew they are using the license keys would you :)

Otherwise you have in theory purchased a cloned copy license which is a rip off in my eyes, unless you completely happy to never go online.

Edited by mrcash2009

Now I've got a question to throw in.

What if the original guy is banned on some servers?

Is the key linked at all with player ID?

I'm assuming its not but thought I'd ask just in case...

Yes, it is linked and any bans given to him will also be given to you unless removed. Also if he actually still plays the game online or gave/sold *anyone* his CD-key, you may have problems playing online.

I don't know how much he asks for it, but buying the game new is not that expensive any more. It depends on where you live but you can get it new as cheap as 15 euros.