Sign in to follow this  
goliath86

Medevac Module

only question - would you pop red smoke? im no military expert but i thought red meant too hot to land?

only question - would you pop red smoke? im no military expert but i thought red meant too hot to land?

In an extraction situation that was too 'hot' to actually accomplish, meaning, that would cause too great a risk to the inbound chopper, crew, and the troops trying to board, it would not even be attempted, so there would be no smoke at all. Otherwise, the ground troops would just be shit out of luck, at that time and area, and there would be no smoke to give away their posit.

The red, in game, is merely to show that there is an enemy presence, or a potential for an enemy presence. It's simply a little more immersive. Obviously, the code could be written for the creation and use of dif color smoke, but why add all that work. It's fine like it is. But, goliath, I am sure, would consider that in the future, so that any smoke used would 'activate' the chopper to hover for extraction.

In game discussion, it always irks me when someone says, IRL, but in this instance, just so you know... IRL, in regards to whether or not any smoke will be used, orders are given previously, before a mission, for the use of what color, for what 'situation'. It could be so low level as to be, simply, between a squad (leader), and the fire base that squad is operating out of. Consequently, a red color could very well mean the LZ is (supposedly) safe.

EDIT: For my own benefit, I merely changed the sideChat to say...

Pilot: This is Medevac, orders require smoke on LZ, COMPLY, OVER.

Squad Leader: Wilco, smoking LZ, OUT.

(But, right now, only using red will cause the chopper to approach for extraction.)

That is not proper communication, but is short, and fits in the game just fine.

Oh, yeah, last note... don't worry yourself about real life. You will just be, I guess, disappointed, or very relieved. ;)

Edited by CyOp

no just a query was all - i think this mod is fantastic and will be using it for sure at some point.

Hi Goliath,

Great mod.

I wanted to share that U19 is interested in using the mod for MP, but so far no sigar effectivly.

Hi Goliath,

Great mod.

I wanted to share that U19 is interested in using the mod for MP, but so far no sigar effectivly.

Speaking of smoke, and MP. goliath needs people to test in MP. I have never tested in MP, so I don't know how much of the code works in that regard.

About the smoke, if MM gets sorted out in MP, I imagine goliath will change the code to allow 'teams' to determine what color smoke they will use. (It would just require any smokeShell being used to 'activate' the extraction. After all, some peope take this game more seriously than others.)

hi guys,

sorry for my long absence. Here it is the script version of the MM with some improvements. I've tried to make it MP compatible but I need someone to test it in a dedi server (thanks in advance guys!!!). When I'm sure that it is fully MP compatible I sign it and try to add some more things. For now it need some testing in MP environment ;)

Here it is the file (it is a test mission on utes): MM_Module.utes.7z

I need to know, if it is possible, even if the sounds (radio chatter) and/or the sideChat is visible to everyone in MP or if it is only local to the caller.

Thanks guys!!!!

Edited by goliath86

hey goliath86 nice script thank so much ...good for mp coop missions :D

First pass results:

*Packed mission as .pbo

*Loaded onto dedicated server

No medevac (helo) or crew visible at spawn point

No action menu call

"Error at least one unit must by synced with medevac module"

*Packed mission as .pbo

*Loaded onto self-hosted Internet server

Working as intended

(still awaiting second player to test sounds and activation, etc)

First pass results:

*Packed mission as .pbo

*Loaded onto dedicated server

No medevac (helo) or crew visible at spawn point

No action menu call

"Error at least one unit must by synced with medevac module"

*Packed mission as .pbo

*Loaded onto self-hosted Internet server

Working as intended

(still awaiting second player to test sounds and activation, etc)

So there are some issues with the dedi server. I'm sure that the script don't execute on dedi (because of the !isDedicated statement in the starting.sqf file) but it start on players machine but don't recognize him.

I need to think about it :rolleyes:

Thanks for testing Thirdup!!!!

I'm no programer, so I'm of limited help here. I've followed Xeno's scripts in Domination (as best I can) and much of what you're doing is related.

......much like Xenos's "air taxi" or "air drop" scripts in Domination.

I wish I could be of more help.

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Pass two -- Tested on a self-hosted MP with multiplayers:

Player slot1 can call medevac (working as intended)

Player slots 2 & 3 get "error"

No option to call

Dedicated still fails entirely (see previous)

Edited by Thirdup

Just to add, I can confirm Thrird-ups observations on dedi.

can you pls add something so you can set the height of the medevac?

i want to use the medevac as something like a emergency transporter....

on utes i would like to place him on the carrier. problem is when i use it with game logic ur addon places it in height 0....that means the medevac is about to crash right at the beginning....without game logic i was able to manipulate the starting.sys to reset the the mm_mk1 to the point of the carrier........also there i was able to set the height....(i think at least) everything works fine when i use RTB.i enter the vehicle and get transported back to base......the medevac flys perfectly to that point but then it dissapears>< and i fall into the ocean....with gamelogic........it doesnt even start.....

could you maybe do something to fix that?

can you pls add something so you can set the height of the medevac?

i want to use the medevac as something like a emergency transporter....

on utes i would like to place him on the carrier. problem is when i use it with game logic ur addon places it in height 0....that means the medevac is about to crash right at the beginning....without game logic i was able to manipulate the starting.sys to reset the the mm_mk1 to the point of the carrier........also there i was able to set the height....(i think at least) everything works fine when i use RTB.i enter the vehicle and get transported back to base......the medevac flys perfectly to that point but then it dissapears>< and i fall into the ocean....with gamelogic........it doesnt even start.....

could you maybe do something to fix that?

If you use the Medevac Module without the Gamelogic it will always disappear when you give it the order to RTB.

If you want to spawn it, using the gamelogic, you need to modify this line of code inside the if statement in the unitCreation.sqf file:

MM_CHOPPER = createVehicle [(MM_WEST_ARRAY) select 0, getMarkerPos "MM_MKR1", [], 0, "NONE"];

you only need to change the 'getMarkerPos "MM_MKR1"' with a position (format [x,y,z]) where you have to change the 'z' parameter to set the height at the chopper will spawn.

For example, if I want to spawn the chopper at the position of MM_MKR1 marker but at a certain height I have to write:

MM_CHOPPER = createVehicle [(MM_WEST_ARRAY) select 0, [(getMarkerPos "MM_MKR1") select 0, (getMarkerPos "MM_MKR1") select 1, 100], [], 0, "NONE"];

so the chopper spawn at the x,y position of the marker but at the height of 100

Edited by goliath86

well i tested that but oh well..........you should try out by urself!

when i added that line like you said it kinda works really fine!

the heli starts from the carrier........comes to me.........BUT when i order RTB it flys back to the carrier......but he doesnt land.......he stands in the air....some mins later a message comes"medevac support is now available" but he still hovers in the air.......when i now request medevac he says medevac is under attack........

also i have some probs with the menu option "call medevac" after i leave a vehicle or run near a ammo box i get that option to call medevac everytime displayed in the middle of the screen.....like if you wanna enter some vehicle when you get near it and see "enter vehicle"

that is like you can understand a little bit annoying.........

also multiplayer..........i synchronized the medevac module with game logic and two chooseable classes.when i play both i can call the medevac.....but when someone enters my server and plays one of the classes he cant call for him.really sad that only i can call for him.ERROR MEssage:there is no player synchronized.........bla bla

maybe you could add the menu for calling medevac in the radio commands?

would kinda fit cause you call it via radio(atleast with the sounds)

also what about some other options like:

get us out of here: heli comes pretty fast,catch you up and returns to base

Army support: heli comes........drops some smokes and granades around a area of 10meters and a bunch of fully heavy armed soldiers come out the heli and search the area for enemys.

medic supports:heli comes and a lot of medics come out and place a medic tent near the heli and start healing and stuff.

looking forward to the next version!

Edited by BANDIT2338

Sorry guys for the long absence. I'm here already at work on the MM. :D

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

well i tested that but oh well..........you should try out by urself!

when i added that line like you said it kinda works really fine!

the heli starts from the carrier........comes to me.........BUT when i order RTB it flys back to the carrier......but he doesnt land.......he stands in the air....some mins later a message comes"medevac support is now available" but he still hovers in the air.......when i now request medevac he says medevac is under attack........

also i have some probs with the menu option "call medevac" after i leave a vehicle or run near a ammo box i get that option to call medevac everytime displayed in the middle of the screen.....like if you wanna enter some vehicle when you get near it and see "enter vehicle"

that is like you can understand a little bit annoying.........

also multiplayer..........i synchronized the medevac module with game logic and two chooseable classes.when i play both i can call the medevac.....but when someone enters my server and plays one of the classes he cant call for him.really sad that only i can call for him.ERROR MEssage:there is no player synchronized.........bla bla

maybe you could add the menu for calling medevac in the radio commands?

would kinda fit cause you call it via radio(atleast with the sounds)

also what about some other options like:

get us out of here: heli comes pretty fast,catch you up and returns to base

Army support: heli comes........drops some smokes and granades around a area of 10meters and a bunch of fully heavy armed soldiers come out the heli and search the area for enemys.

medic supports:heli comes and a lot of medics come out and place a medic tent near the heli and start healing and stuff.

looking forward to the next version!

The helicopter never land on the carrier because it is a sort of 'house' and helicopter don't land on houses. It is not a MM problem.

For the menu option I'll try to sort it out, thanks bandit ;)

For the MP issues I'm working on. I'm near to finish some code then I will release another script version (hopefully MP compatible :bounce3:).

I'm trying to figure out the MP problems before implementing some other features on the MM ;)

BTW thanks guys for your continuing support :bounce3:

mhm a house? so it aint possible for you to force him to land right?

Yes, the carrier is realized of four objects that the game engine consider as houses.

Of course I can manage the land on the carrier but it is an action to do only if the MM_MKR1 marker is on the carrier so I have to control the marker's position at mission start and tell at the game to do certain action.

I tell you that I have think about adding an option in the config file of the MM so if a player want the MM to start on the carrier, the MM manage automatically all the occurencies.

I will add this feature when I'm sure that the MP bugs don't exists anymore ;)

Edited by goliath86

I'm trying to figure out the MP problems before implementing some other features on the MM

Good developemental policy. ;)

Keep us posted!

Thanks Thirdup! ;)

Can you try this in MP environment please? It's a simple test mission on utes. Simply extract, copy on your MP missions folder and run. :D

DOWNLOAD BELOW!!

Thank you all guys!!! :D :D

Edited by goliath86

Will get on it right now!

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

First pass:

Unzipped file. Moved folder to "missions". Opened in editor.

Units present. Med helo present. Crew present.

Call medevac action present, but does not fucntion.

Second pass:

Compressed as .pbo on self-hosted MP

Same results as above

Third pass:

Compressed as .pbo on dedicated MP

Same results as above

*Notes: I suspect it's something simple here. Have not looked at script yet.

Will get on it right now!

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

First pass:

Unzipped file. Moved folder to "missions". Opened in editor.

Units present. Med helo present. Crew present.

Call medevac action present, but does not fucntion.

Second pass:

Compressed as .pbo on self-hosted MP

Same results as above

Third pass:

Compressed as .pbo on dedicated MP

Same results as above

Ok! Thank you so much Thirdup!! I'll check it out immediately! ;)

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

You're right! I found the little bug. Now it should work as intended! ;)

Thank you Thirdup!!!

Edited by goliath86

Testing now

Thanks!!!

I know that there are many things to tune on the MP side but I need to know if it now starts correctly ;)

Edited by goliath86