Sign in to follow this  
Deus

Constant Crashing

As title says, I constantly crash to desktop no matter the map I play. I have a AMD Phenom 9850 64-bit processory / 8 Gig Ram / ATI 4890 1Gig card with Asus mobo, Raptor drive. OS is Windows Visto Home 64.

Really, Really frustrating.

I keep crashing too ever since I upgraded to Windows 7. Usually I get some visual artifacts first (everything in the distance is gray) and then a crash to desktop with no explanation.

Gah! I want to play but I can't.

I had a similar problem. Is your CPU overclocked? Mine was overclocked to 3.5 from 3.2 ghz. Went back to 3.2 and hasn't crashed since.

No, haven't touched the settings. Wish my issue was that simple...

Is this game supporting 64 bit chips, software, or multi-cored processors? I am running out of options and this game is unplayable.

Well, with no fix in sight I guess I should try and get my money back. Game is absolutely unplayable. Game freezes, crashes, is pathetically slow, and all the fixes I have tried have had absolutely no affect.

This is getting increasingly annoying for me to. Does nobody else with a Nvidia card get this problem with visual glitches followed by a total crash?

I have the same issue but it's mainly in every game screen freeze but i can hear the game still running in the background sometime display comes back but with weird textures temps and voltages are fine...

I had the same problem, screen freezes with artifacts some times with the sound in the background. i updated my nvidia drivers but still the same, in the end i reinstalled the game back to version 1.4 and the problem has gone, must be a problem with version 1.5.

temps are 100 percent ok. When do they expect 1.06 patch, and is ther eany word on helping this issue?

Is there going to be any fixes for this? New drivers, fresh install, nothing works. This is so maddening.

Well its seems to me you have a System RAM issue. What MB are you using, and what type/brand of RAM? Anyhoo i would up my RAM voltage a tad , and make sure your Timings are correct for 8GBs in that MB. And of course your PSU is up to your H/W...

I have the same problem: game freezing after 20-30 minutes. Sometimes i get BSOD.

It happens after i install patch 1.05. Before there was no problems.

What do you have video memory set to ingame?

I used to have CTD's if it was set to "Default", now I just set it to high and all seems well.

Well its seems to me you have a System RAM issue. What MB are you using, and what type/brand of RAM? Anyhoo i would up my RAM voltage a tad , and make sure your Timings are correct for 8GBs in that MB. And of course your PSU is up to your H/W...

ASUS M477 something, something board with Corsair Dominator kits.

I get the same kind of problem.

I've got W7 64, 2 GTX285s, 12GB of RAM and an i7. Get flickering, loss of textures, then CTD, usually without ArmA 2's process closing (i.e. loss of rendering window).

It is driving me nuts.

Solved for me 0)

Cleaned my videocard, take out many dust 0))) But anyway, videocard didn't make so warm before patch 1.05 installed. May be it's uses card more.

Nvidia GT9600