*Preview Screenshot*

*Download*

---------------

Dusk Devil v1.0

---------------

Mission for Operation Flashpoint

Featuring

* 100% Pure Infantry combat

* Special Awards after completing mission (depends on how you achieve the mission goal)

* Slightly hard skill setting (expect getting shot when doing stupid things)

* Low CPU requirements

* Fail Safe mission objectives (If everything goes wrong you can still "win" the mission

by saving your skin)

by kittycat

When making this mission I was inspired by the very first time I played flashpoint demo.

I was totally fascinated by that intense combat feel and all the bullets whizzing by and

the explosions and the weapons. I wanted to create the same feel in this mission which shows

the best things in Operation Flashpoint: Frantic Infantry combat with intense scenes that seem

to generate (almost) without scripting just by the fantastic AI of this game.

When making this mission I have tested a lot of things to make it balanced. Since I have a

PII 400 I can´t play all that nice 50+ soldiers missions with 20+ tanks so I have to carefully

tweak every single soldier on the map to put maximum action with less units. Rest assured that I

have tweaked every single soldier on the map to make sure that it is a challenging experience.

It can still happen that your squad gets killed before you even reach the main objective but

it can also happen that all of your squad survive the mission. Both things have been taken into

account. If your squad gets killed there is still the chance to do something. Howver this will

be the players choice. If the mission appears too hard then you should support your team instead

of just hiding and let your squad do the job. Basically every bullet that hits something can shift

the outcome of the mission. Ah and don´t be shy to use grenades..

Installation:

Put the kill.abel.pbo into your Flashpoint/missions folder

Mission appears as "Dusk Devil" under "Single Missions"

At least Flashpoint v1.30 needed, 1.46 recommended

Sounds cool! Are you the leader of your squad or a grunt? I guess I will find out since I'm downloading it now.

I'll give ya some comments and such

Nice to see that it is worth throwing away 2 evenings for this

Can someone upload a picture for me so I can show it here?

Does the picture show up?

Very Cool Mission, it has the same "feel" as Ambush. Maybe you could have your squad start in Houdan and make them get to that point in the valley by truck or something. It would add something to the mission.

Another thing, the mission doesn't seem to end properly for me. I kill the ural with a LAW and then my soldiers and I just stand around. Capt Ramsey must have completely forgotten about the Mission because when I stole a car and drove to Houdan, the M113 was just sitting around doing nothing.

You seem to be good at making mission and I would really to see you get better because this mission is pretty damn good. (and straightforward which scores points in my book! biggrin.gif )

*SPOLIER*

I like the Ambush that occurs on the outskirts of the town, I was really not expecting anything like that. The luckily didn't kill any of my squad mates. I only lost 3 guys, the leader, who took a bullet as we attempted to clear the road into town and two other soldiers who were killed by the BMP at the beginning of the mission.

Just some tips biggrin.gif

First off thx for the nice feedback

The mission does end properly. You have to kill all enemies around the town (or scare them so they run away) then Captain Ramsey will move in. The Trigger for it checks if all enemies around the town are dead or not in range (the trigger covers the town and the road leading through it)

have you received the special rewards when playing it?

Can someone tell me where to get webspace for posting screenshots?

test Operationflashpoint.cz

look around at the site, i think you can mail the screenshot to info@ofp.info and ask them to link it to the mission (you have to upload the mission somewhere else...) or just mail them the mission, maybe theyre placing it at their Mission Section, with a screenshot  wink.gif

or test this....  

agbell206.gif

It is a simle button, "Image", where you are writing things in this forum... tounge.gif

the webspace does not allow direct links

Is it possible to get my campaign published to operationflashpoint.cz by attaching the campaign to email post and ask them to publish it?

Hey don´t get offtopic

Sounds good. Haven't played it yet but may I suggest that the PBO file name reflect the mission name and possibly version, e.g., DuskDevil.abel.pbo or DuskDevil_V10.abel.pbo?

pleeze check it and say what you think

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mp82 @ April 07 2002,15:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">pleeze check it and say what you think<span id='postcolor'>

Is that a threat?! Cause if it is, I'll go off-topic and no one will ever hear of your mission again! mad.gifwow.giftounge.gifbiggrin.gif

Shes just rattling your cage... biggrin.gif

I had to laugh though

I'm willing to post any MPmission sent to me.

I have removed most of my old missions from my webspace and am ready to accomodate anybody's mission if they are

A:) less than 150Kbytes

B:) have a briefing

C:) have a text file accompanying the zipped mission stating add-ons required for it

D:) does not require an add-on that modifies the CFG file.

Send missions to christdostie@sympatico.ca

The website that will host them has been online for 3 years, has had 15 thousand + vistits, of wich 12 thousand have occured since first starting to talk about Flashpoint in August.

To see website, click image below. smile.gif

"have a briefing"

it even has a debriefing

go play it instead of making gay rules

tounge.gif

For me the link is ok. Can someone host it for me on a second server?

this gets me pissed..

*review*

maybe they sould not let their reviewers review missions at 3 am in the morning..

Here is what I write to the review staff:

"First off thx for the nice review. It gets a 4/10 which pisses me real off. The reviewer did not even care to mention the different outcomes of the mission ( which adds greatly to the replayability) and degrades the end of the mission having no evac which is not true.

Here the situation:

player captures town --> mission completed, friendly AA team moves in --> win

team gets killed --> player runs away to boat and gets evac --> win

or

--> fights the enemy alone and wins, friendly AA team moves in --> win

player even gets special award for making different decisions. All this followed by nice sidechat.

Breifly mentions "low cpu power mission". I have tweaked every single soldier on the battlefield to make it a balanced, intense combat experience like in "Ambush" which is the greatest mission ever made (demo mission in case you don´t know). After every change on individual soldiers I have tested it 4-5 times to make sure that many different things can happen without making it too easy/difficult. For me it seems that reviewers at OFPED just focus on nice cutscenes and blackops-fight-scud-in-sunrise.

I was first impressed how many cheap missions get 7/10 score with nice reviews. It is really sad to see that incompetent people work at this site that I considered a nice flashpoint site. This is not a personal attack but it gets me real pissed because I only get very nice feedback for my mission and  then I have to see that lousy review."

Is it me or am I that bad at making missions? I don´t understand anything

kittycat