Sign in to follow this  
H-street

ETA for Steam 1.05?

This update IS compatible with ALL previous ARMA 2 versions as well as with the STEAM version.
ArmA2.com

Yes, indeed. However, I would think that most Steam users are still unaware that 1.05 patch is available since letting Steam do the update for them is Steam's natural way.

Edited by colossus

I find it quite offending how BIS ignores their Steam customers.

I didn't buy the game on Steam at a higher price to keep track of, download and install stupid patches manually. As a matter of fact, the exact opposite is true. I don't want to waste my time keeping track on updates of dozens of games I only play occasionally.

The last two, three updates have had all kinds of errors (various errors about missing config or resource classes, and missing map graphics) on the Steam version, which were never fixed, and now they stop updating on Steam all together :mad:

What makes it so difficult to upload the updated files on Steam? None of the other developers seem to have problems with it :confused:

i think it has something to do with the core features of 1.05, something no other developer i can remember did with its products.

removing the drm :O

I didn't buy the game on Steam at a higher price to keep track of, download and install stupid patches manually. As a matter of fact, the exact opposite is true. I don't want to waste my time keeping track on updates of dozens of games I only play occasionally.

The last two, three updates have had all kinds of errors (various errors about missing config or resource classes, and missing map graphics) on the Steam version, which were never fixed, and now they stop updating on Steam all together :mad:

What makes it so difficult to upload the updated files on Steam? None of the other developers seem to have problems with it :confused:

Steam patches are typically a little behind standard retail patches, but no one from BIS has said they abandoned the Steam auto updates. They just haven't put out the patch yet. If you don't want to apply it manually then wait.

noone is ignoring STEAM users ...

if You believe so i must tell You are plain wrong ...

I have the steam version aswell, and i certainly dont feel ignored. The ArmA section of the steam forum contains all the info one needs for installing the latest patch.

There is currently no ETA for Steam auto update.

The problem is that the auto update will be larger than 5 GBs and we hope majority of users will be able to update manually using much smaller differential updater instead.

Sometimes in January I assume inevitable will happen and we will unleash full updated version 1.05 there but be aware that it will be very large file

I have the steam version aswell, and i certainly dont feel ignored. The ArmA section of the steam forum contains all the info one needs for installing the latest patch.

Ditto.

I have Steam, and when I saw the 1.05 patch wasn't yet available, I updated on ArmAholic(sp?). I don't mind, because I love everything Ofp. But I can only imagine the frustrated Steam users who can't connect to any multiplayer matches.

There is currently no ETA for Steam auto update.

The problem is that the auto update will be larger than 5 GBs and we hope majority of users will be able to update manually using much smaller differential updater instead.

Sometimes in January I assume inevitable will happen and we will unleash full updated version 1.05 there but be aware that it will be very large file

Excellent! Thanks for the update Marek!

To the OP - See!? How many company CEO's will post on a forum to give you the info you needed?

noone is ignoring STEAM users ...

if You believe so i must tell You are plain wrong ...

Okay. Good. But what were we supposed to think when all Steam 1.05 threads got locked with no response other than "normal patch works for Steam version, read the readme, end of discussion".

Probably because there are existing threads for such questions, either the existing 1.05 thread or the existing steam thread, no need for separate new threads all the time.