Sign in to follow this  
Benze

I want to be a modler...

I want to be modeler and make new stuff with oxygen...how the heck do I start?! confused.gif

A webpage anyone?

go get 3D Studio Max non-warez and pay $3,000 for it... theres a start. tounge.gif

Find a good tutorial site.. I've even seen some in the OF community... and take a lesson.. it might require some large downloading... errr.. I mean purchasing of expensive software... wink.gif

get these things:

PBOTool

Milkshape 3d

p3d2obj

obj2p3d

xpack

the patience of a god

and go visit a few sites like www.ofpeditingcenter.com

unpack addons youve downloaded (guns are best) and then p3d2obj the .p3d inside you get seven obj blocks out of it, start up milkshape then file>import>wavefront obj click block one, move the little white dots around and have a play with it for a while while you read tutorials

Or just get a plastic airplane model ...... biggrin.gif j/k im starting modeling too but thats because of school. Finally school is teaching me something i actually enjoy smile.gif

Lets say I want to edit a hummer so it has 999 health. I dePBO it, open op the config cpp with notepad, edit it, stuff it and name it yhelo.pbo.

And yet I get an error?

Kegyty (sp)? Gimbal? tounge.gif How would you go about doing this?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (§nake @ April 04 2002,23:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">go get 3D Studio Max non-warez and pay $3,000 for it...  theres a start.   tounge.gif

Find a good tutorial site..  I've even seen some in the OF community...  and take a lesson..  it might require some large downloading...  errr..  I mean purchasing of expensive software...   wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

DON'T!!!!!!

I have that thing myself for under 3000$ no sweat....

Help me edit! Help meee...heeeellllpp...meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

How do I edit t3h humvee?

start small, use a pbotool on an addon you download and play around with the .cpp get used to it, play around with some values, read tutorials

Milkshape is the best program I now for starters. It's much simplier than 3ds max.

I wanna skin.. how do you skin models?? I'd rather skin then create the models... looks more challenging wow.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (§nake @ April 06 2002,00:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wanna skin..  how do you skin models??  I'd rather skin then create the models...  looks more challenging   wow.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

you need texview, pbotool and psp7/or whatever you find the .paa or .pac files and change them to .tga or .jpg oh you might need a hex editor too look for tutorials

I am able to go in and change values of existing addons, and I have looked at tutorials, but I can't stuff it back into a working pbo! I use stuffPBO for all the files and put it in the addons. It gives me an error.