Sign in to follow this  
chiefredcloud

Placing Addons after Patch 1.05

I know I read somewhere that it is now recommended that @mods be placed in a certain folder now. The thing is I do not remember where I saw this. Does anyone have any info on this?

This may hnot be an importent issue since those that use a launcher (as I do) since you just need to point it in the right area (folder). But I like to be neet and tiety where I can.

Afaik only one mod folder can be without @ sign, we use @Panthera, @SBP, @JTD and others... of course you can make your own name like @islands and put all island data there. Don't forget that all pbo files need to be in subfolder addons/ in order to work.

Do you mean this?

User Data

Also, all addons, missions and modifications can be stored in the user documents area instead of the game's working directory, which is the preferred location for various reason. Not only are users able to do this with limited permissions (and for security reasons it is often not the best option to run as an admin all the time) but also their addon collection will be easily isolated from the game itself, allowing reinstalling the game and easier backing up of any user made content.

http://www.bistudio.com/developers-blog/papa-bear-to-all-units-a2-105-incoming-5_en.html

You can store your Mods / Addons in your Documents folder but then your shortcut have to look like this:

... -mod=C:\Users\UserName\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\[EC]%20Cyborg11\@ACE

I have not installed addons or mods to this point, but I've been carefully reviewing them. Can addons that alter game functions clash with downloaded user-made content that does not require addons, like campaigns and scenarios, causing crashes or other problems?