Sign in to follow this  
Petar

Cant open P3D model from Data3D

I have unPBOed the data3D.pbo from OFP DTA folder and when i try toopen it in Oxygen it say's

Cant load file.Load eror.

How to open the file ?

And one more thing.O2 viewer wont open.I set up options like in brsseb tutorials.

But when i open Oxygen2 the viewer starts opening and i get an eror message:

Cannot create 3D device:

Adapter -1 () Fullscreen

Resolution 800x600, format X8R8G8B8/D16, refresh 0 Hz.

Error D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

Whats wrong ?

The file has been Binarized by BIS, so it can be opened by O2

Un-binarized p3d files (in whats called MLOD format) can be opened in O2

To open the binarized (ODOL format) models from Data3D.pbo 2 possible solutions :

-On OFP.info get ODOLExplorer and its patch so you can open those ODOL models and save them into MLOD

Note that doing that may ruin the lighting on those models (so you will need to rework the sharp and smooth edges yourself), and may get some selection very badly, so you may need to redo the selection yourself.

-Find the original OFP demo, not a recent OFP demo. On the original OFP demo the Data3D.pbo had all its models in MLOD, they were not binarized.

It was the demo 0.36, should be available there.

Note that some models may be obsolete in comparison to the retail version.

For your O2 install, instead of using Brsseb tutorial to install it, try to follow my instructions from there to see if it works better for you.

Originaly posted by Sanctuary

To open the binarized (ODOL format) models from Data3D.pbo 2 possible solutions :

-On OFP.info get ODOLExplorer and its patch so you can open those ODOL models and save them into MLOD

Note that doing that may ruin the lighting on those models (so you will need to rework the sharp and smooth edges yourself), and may get some selection very badly, so you may need to redo the selection yourself.

-Find the original OFP demo, not a recent OFP demo. On the original OFP demo the Data3D.pbo had all its models in MLOD, they were not binarized.

It was the demo 0.36, should be available there.

Note that some models may be obsolete in comparison to the retail version.

For your O2 install, instead of using Brsseb tutorial to install it, try to follow my instructions from there to see if it works better for you.

Thanks Sanctuary the ODOL opening works well when i convert it to

MLOD using the ODOL Explorer.Still same eror with viewer.

Cannot create 3D device:

Adapter -1 () Windowed

Resolution 801x601, format X8R8G8B8/D16, refresh 0 Hz.

Error D3DERR_INVALIDCALL

Still same eror with viewer.

If you have any other applications open at the same time,try shutting them down.Especially any image editing software.I've had similar problems myself on occasion.

Try this :

You may be able to fix your problems by copying Flashpoint.cfg from your Flashpoint directory into the directory where you run O2 Viewer.