Sign in to follow this  
Bon

Loadout Presets

Define your own set of loadout presets in a script and choose between them from a menu while ingame. Works with A.C.E.2 rucksacks, too.

picture.php?id=1066

picture.php?id=1067

Note: You have to define the presets on your own, the picture above is only an example how it could look like at the end. You also can set a limitation to each of your presets.

The setup is very simple, described in detail in the included step-by-step instructions.

Downloadlinks:

Old Version supporting ACE backpacks but no OA backpacks

Newer one written for OA (does not support ACE backpacks)

Edited by Bon
DL update

Looks nice!

In other words you can change to a specific equipment via the menu and pressing equip?

In addition it would be useful to get a basic idea how to define it already by the post.

So please add some code example for the definition.

Finally what does mean preset in this case - do you get the same equip on respawn?

It does only work for the player entity? Would be useful to easily configure any unit

or even unit type that way.

Hi kju,

you can open this menu by a simple script execution. In this menu choose between predefined weapon/magazine loadouts and press "Equip" to equip with this loadout. It just works for your own player entitiy and does not safe the loadout for respawn, however, since it is only a script call you can integrate it in such functions very easily on your own.

My intention was just to prevent that, at the beginning of a mission, all players run from box to box to gather his/her desired equipment, which often takes a long time. With this menu popping at missionstart every player can choose between loadouts by one mouseclick so it won't be even necessary to place any weapon/magazine boxes onto the map.

I added another functionality to the script, to make it as easy as possible to define such loadout presets. Its all now just to equip ingame at ammunition boxes and click on a radio button to copy the preset in the correct form to the clipboard.

The included usage instructions are detailed and easy to follow.

Thank you Bon.

I agree with your points and it is useful indeed.

Just saying that these information would give people a better idea on the first look.

As you probably know, you only have a few seconds of attention to catch people's (initial) interest.

One last update:

Added the function so that you can set a limitation to each of your equipment presets. At this state, for everyone who do not exactly understand what this script does, you can say it is very familiar to the Project Reality kit system.

Hope someone will find it useful.

Hf.

Hope someone will find it useful.

/me find it useful.

If I find some time, I'll add your format as export format of unit loadouts of the RTE.

My format is just a little more complicated since I check that not more slots are used than allowed by the normal gear dialogue.

Wow never saw this!

Am I reading this right that it only works on the player? If so would it be possible to add support for the players group? I'd like to use this in my SP missions at a reload point of some sort. Say I have an FOB in my mission and in it I have a building where if the player enter it will bring up this menu so he can make some loadout changes to himself and the group if necessary.

That would be a great feature to have in SP missions. I'm not even sure if that's what this script can be used for and unfortunately the PR thing doesn't help. Never played it before.

Edited by Manzilla

I've uploaded a new version that makes you able to equip AI as well.

As you created your own presets, where each preset has its unique number (read the enclosed instructions), i.e. in the file bon_loadoutpresets\presets.sqf you made your own presets named "preset1", "preset2", "preset3", aso, you can equip an AI unit with presetXX using the following command within the units initline:

_nul = [color="Red"]this[/color] spawn {WaitUntil{not isNil "presets"}; [_this,presetXX] execVM "bon_loadoutpresets\bon_equip.sqf"};

You can use the command inside a script as well, but then replace the "this" as I highlighted it red by an appropriate variable.

(Of course) you cannot equip another unit except yourself using the interface.

This is cool! Is it possible to get this to work in multiplayer, i play singleplayer in multiplayer if you know what i mean.

It's all local, there shouldn't be any probs at all in MP.

This is cool! Is it possible to get this to work in multiplayer, i play singleplayer in multiplayer if you know what i mean.

Sorry i mean to have the option again when i respawn, it works on mission start no problem but not on respawn.

Its totally on your own and not in the responsibility of the script to provide the access to the menu to the game (it just provides the menu itself).

I usually assign the action to a backpack heap or, even simpler, an ammobox, by writing

this addAction ["Get Equipment Preset","bon_loadoutpresets\bon_loadout_presets.sqf"]

into its initline.

Addaction in object didnt work but addaction in init did... thanks

Only just found this Bon ( I should rally track all of your scripts down!), but looks like a great time saver for our groups mission nights. Have been looking at another similar script, but its far too clunky compared to this...

Nice work! :yay:

Works with A.C.E.2 rucksacks, too.

How about adding support for OA rucks? I could give a class any number of suitable rucks, with different contents. Trick is to make it work seamless with the disability to carry a launcher. So if you select i.e. a loadout containing a launcher, OA rucks should be made unavailable.

Hmm, some problem bells are chiming in my head, need to brainstorm a little more to give further input on where I would like to see this go. Looks good though, will have a peak.

this addAction ["Get Equipment Preset","bon_loadoutpresets\bon_loadout_presets.sqf"]

This is definitely the best way to implement this script, rather than a presence trigger IMO.

One quick thing Bon, I notice that upon grabbing any loadout, only 6 or so slots of gear are displayed, even though the player is carrying far more than that. For instance, if I grab a AT SMAW loadout, only shows 3 SMAW rounds at top right of gear screen (no other slots displayed) even though there are 5 or 6 STANAG mags listed in the list on the left. Is this an problem with recent ACE, or 1.07?

Doh, Bon's default player was a Unarmed Soldier, who for some reason only has six visible gear slots....

Don't forget if using this to add a backpack to the weapons list eg:

_weapons = ["ACE_CharliePack","ItemMap","ItemCompass",...

Edited by gnarly_rider

The link in the first post is dead. It downloads a 0 kb rar file.

Can anyone who got ahold of the script upload or attach it please.

Edited by djdeluxe76

thanks kylania, and sorry gents,

forgot about this little script. All my work moved to another place on the web -> updated the downloadlink in the first post.

How about adding support for OA rucks? I could give a class any number of suitable rucks, with different contents[...]

Already made a version for OA that supports OA backpacks. Problem is: backpack content must be scripted per hand, as I don't know any way to retrieve backpack content via script (those thingies are no weapons, but small ammocrates...). It also only supports magazines in backpacks atm, so all in all I am not going to release it as a standalone script in the next future. But will be part of my next mission though ;)

hf.

Edited by Bon

Thanks Kylania for the mirror, and of course vielen dank to you Bon for this wonderful script! Quality stuff. :)

Does this latest version only work with ACE? i have used previous version no problem but cant seem to get this one going.

NVM: I got it to work using the downloaded presets.sqf... so something wrong with my presets.sqf... not sure what though its straight copied and pasted as instructed with preset array below

// PRESET 1
_presetname = "AK74"; 
_presetclass = "AK74"; 
_weapons = ["ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","AK_74"]; 
_magazines = [["30Rnd_545x39_AK",4],["HandGrenade_East",2]]; 
_ruckweps = []; 
_ruckmags = [];
_weapononback = "";
preset"1" = [_presetname,_presetclass,_weapons,_magazines,_ruckweps,_ruckmags,_weapononback];

// PRESET 2
_presetname = "AK - RPG - MAKAROV"; 
_presetclass = "AK and Rocket"; 
_weapons = ["ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","AK_74","RPG18","Makarov"]; 
_magazines = [["30Rnd_545x39_AK",4],["HandGrenade_East",2],["8Rnd_9x18_Makarov",4]]; 
_ruckweps = []; 
_ruckmags = [];
_weapononback = "";
preset"2" = [_presetname,_presetclass,_weapons,_magazines,_ruckweps,_ruckmags,_weapononback];

// PRESET 3
_presetname = "AK 107 - RPG - MAKAROV"; 
_presetclass = "AK Scope"; 
_weapons = ["ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","Makarov","AK_107_GL_pso","RPG18"]; 
_magazines = [["HandGrenade_East",2],["8Rnd_9x18_Makarov",4],["30Rnd_545x39_AK",4]]; 
_ruckweps = []; 
_ruckmags = [];
_weapononback = "";
preset"3" = [_presetname,_presetclass,_weapons,_magazines,_ruckweps,_ruckmags,_weapononback];

// PRESET 4
_presetname = "BIZON - RPG - MAKAROV"; 
_presetclass = "BIZON CQC"; 
_weapons = ["ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","Makarov","RPG18","bizon"]; 
_magazines = [["HandGrenade_East",1],["8Rnd_9x18_Makarov",4],["64Rnd_9x19_Bizon",5]]; 
_ruckweps = []; 
_ruckmags = [];
_weapononback = "";
preset"4" = [_presetname,_presetclass,_weapons,_magazines,_ruckweps,_ruckmags,_weapononback];

// PRESET 5
_presetname = "SVD CAMO - MAKAROV"; 
_presetclass = "SNIPER"; 
_weapons = ["ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","Makarov","SVD_CAMO"]; 
_magazines = [["8Rnd_9x18_Makarov",4],["10Rnd_762x54_SVD",6]]; 
_ruckweps = []; 
_ruckmags = [];
_weapononback = "";
preset"5" = [_presetname,_presetclass,_weapons,_magazines,_ruckweps,_ruckmags,_weapononback];

presets=[preset1,preset2,preset3,
 preset4,preset5];

NVM AGAIN: i had preset "3" instead off preset3

Edited by Katipo66

Hey everyone,

I am creating a multiplayer mission where two opposing sides, USMC and Russia, have access to the load out script. I want for the USMC players to only have access to USMC weapon loadouts and not the Russian loadouts and the same for the Russian players.

Has anyone tried to do this? I have been working on it for a while and can't figure it out. Any help would be awsome, thanks.

Ok where you have probably just one file containing all the presets atm (presets.sqf) you can use two different files, lets say, presets_west.sqf and presets_east.sqf, each containing the respective presets.

Then in the bon_loadout_presets.sqf at the line where the presets.sqf is included (#include "presets.sqf"), you add a side check:

if(playerside == west) then{#include "presets_west.sqf"};
if(playerside == east) then{#include "presets_east.sqf"};

That should do the trick.