Sign in to follow this  
Nikoteen

AI LAV-25 doesn't shoot

For some reason, the AI controlling the LAV-25 (and for that matter pretty much every grenade launchers such as Mk19) doesn't fire back.

It just sit still, waiting to be destroyed under fire.

I tried to look for some help on that AI flaw, but it's like nobody has noticed ... :butbut:

I just stormed into an enemy camp in a BRDM as driver and my AI gunner shot the hell out of the enemies, so yes, they do shoot back.

try doing 3/5 enage at will and 3/7 scan horizon can work. Alt direction good for covering a point. Some say status danger helps but will make them go slower.

Ai's can work but tend to be slower to respond.

somehow, in many cases, my AI gunners do better than i can because they can spot enemies which i cannot, i.e amongst grass, behind light cover etc.

I just stormed into an enemy camp in a BRDM as driver and my AI gunner shot the hell out of the enemies, so yes, they do shoot back.

Actually, the BRDM doesn't fire explosive ammunitions (14.5mm HMG). I noticed the problem happens with GL or M242. With AAV71, my AI gunner always use .50 and not Mk19.

It's like AI priorization got stuck when it comes to area effect weapons.

You know I noticed this today when playing warfare,I had an Lav-25 under AI control and the damn thing refused to fire at anything,with or without the engage at will command and even in combat behaviour.

I fixed this with a silly thing,I ordered the Lav-25 commander to disembark(to be shot but that is between me and you:p),as soon as that happened the Lav started to shoot left and right(bunch of infantry and an UAZ).

I don't know if this happens with other vehicles(perhaps the ones with a commander are buggy?)although I also had an M1A2 Tusk and it behaved normally engaging armor and inf also no problem with Mk19 Humvee on my side either.

@niko, not true. :) in manhattan mission, my AI was pumping away on the grenades in an AAV like nobody's business and very accurately as well. I was doing the lagushina task and my AI ended the 2 UAZs with one nade each as soon as they appeared! ehehehe. Were you using any AI mods?

@jasonnoguchi :

Do the test : put a couple of LAV25 in the editor with a BMP2 in front of them (yourself being a civilian), you'll see the result by yourself.

The BMP2 will make short work of the LAVs. BTW, against BRDMs or light armor LAV25 will fire its M240 instead of cannon (sometimes they even run).

You know I noticed this today when playing warfare,I had an Lav-25 under AI control and the damn thing refused to fire at anything,with or without the engage at will command and even in combat behaviour.

I fixed this with a silly thing,I ordered the Lav-25 commander to disembark(to be shot but that is between me and you:p),as soon as that happened the Lav started to shoot left and right(bunch of infantry and an UAZ).

I don't know if this happens with other vehicles(perhaps the ones with a commander are buggy?)although I also had an M1A2 Tusk and it behaved normally engaging armor and inf also no problem with Mk19 Humvee on my side either.

Indeed, LAV-25 and especially AAV P7A1 (and maybe others vehicles) are better fighting machines without AI commander.

When the AI gunner commands the vehicle, he does a better job at killing opfor than the commander.

Some AI commanders will systematically ignore enemy trucks or cars and they will overlook known infantry as soon as they go prone.

I agree with you, the solution is to disembark the commander from the vehicle :p

I don't know why some AI commanders ignore enemy trucks but concerning infantry, I think the commander station in those vehicles is crippled by a small zoom or no zoom at all. This seems to prevent the AI commander to do his job properly. On the other hand the gunner station has a much more powerful optic so the AI gunner can detect & identify enemies at longer ranges, then he will destroy them on his own.

Maybe a possible proper solution for this problem could be to improve the communication between AI commander & AI gunner, or increase the zoom levels for the commander station.

I found a workaround !

With the zGuba Triggerhappy Gunners (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7184), my LAV 25 gunner behaves correctly and fire right away with the cannon.

Edit : the modders are really awesome and do a hell of a job to fix this game. Thanks to them.