Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

ye tanks are pretty nice!

just they take a "bit" too much damage, hope that gets fixed soon.

btw, here a small prototype version of my "swimming sherman" :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EApstNhBJ0w&hl=de&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EApstNhBJ0w&hl=de&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'm working on all the items today that cause CTD when loading specific addons. For example some of the older units have outdated crews. Some people may receive message like "missing 101_light".

I hope to have a patch for that by the end of tonight. Also there may be some more units released that we were working on so keep your eyes peeled.

Thanks Rip31st, is there any animation name I could use for the LCM3's ramp to open?

Thanks Rip31st, is there any animation name I could use for the LCM3's ramp to open?

this animate ["lcuramp", 1]

The mod is not running with CBA i think have grafik bugs,shadow problems etc.and the other mods WarFX and GL4 is without CBA not playable...:(

Runs with CBA for me.

Thread moved to addons complete...keep an eye on the first page for updates that are released.

Hiya

Im pretty new to Arma so please forgive me for this question - How do I get the mod to run?

Ive installed it correctly (I think), and when launched I see the "Few" screen, with W Churchills quote, but then I cant seem to get any further. Im presented with the usual Single Player, Multiplayer selection screen, but it doesnt seem to matter where I go I cant find how to launch the mod.

Help please :)

Cheers

Spartan

Hiya

Im pretty new to Arma so please forgive me for this question - How do I get the mod to run?

Ive installed it correctly (I think), and when launched I see the "Few" screen, with W Churchills quote, but then I cant seem to get any further. Im presented with the usual Single Player, Multiplayer selection screen, but it doesnt seem to matter where I go I cant find how to launch the mod.

Help please :)

Cheers

Spartan

If you're getting that screen it should be working. Load up the Editor (Single Player) and choose one of the maps (If the mod is working you should see Hurtgen, Normandy and Nome Winter Island). Once in the editor place units. There are no missions yet so you'll have to make your own fun. If you are new enough that you do not know how to use the editor, go to youtube and type in Arma 2 editor tutorial and learn from the friendly community that has made it very easy.

If you're getting that screen it should be working. Load up the Editor (Single Player) and choose one of the maps (If the mod is working you should see Hurtgen, Normandy and Nome Winter Island). Once in the editor place units. There are no missions yet so you'll have to make your own fun. If you are new enough that you do not know how to use the editor, go to youtube and type in Arma 2 editor tutorial and learn from the friendly community that has made it very easy.

Thanks very much Hroudlan. I do get the 3 maps, just wasnt aware that I had to make my own missions.

I`d better go and learn!

Cheers

Spartan

The mission editor can be quiet entertaining. :)

Hi, This mod is fantastic.

I have two questions, what will you do you Later vehicles like the Kubelwagens german or Willys Jeep usa, and units like generals?

Good Work ;)

T-Roc's contribution just gives the Mod a new quality. Those tank packs of allies and axis are really awesome and have included lots of types, especially for axis side. I think he would have more in future release, such as APC for US,british and etc. Personally, I would like to see his Jagerpanther converted into this Mod as well.

The american soldiers look nice and like those paratroopers very much. For germen made by T-roc are also great and some details may need changing, such as ranks on collar and boots for accuracy. Another obvious bug found is crew sits outside of M10 when turret turning.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

Oh,forgot something about the Normandy map. Overally, very impressive and great one for a beta. In future release, hope to remove some houses still with TV antenna and make the terrain not so flat although Normandy is a plain area.

T-Roc's contribution just gives the Mod a new quality. Those tank packs of allies and axis are really awesome and have included lots of types, especially for axis side. I think he would have more in future release, such as APC for US,british and etc. Personally, I would like to see his Jagerpanther converted into this Mod as well.

The american soldiers look nice and like those paratroopers very much. For germen made by T-roc are also great and some details may need changing, such as ranks on collar and boots for accuracy. Another obvious bug found is crew sits outside of M10 when turret turning.

The jagdpanther is in it. Just look under the 31stWC class. Should be there. Also working on about 3-4 jeeps including the one from the arma1 release. The kubel wagon and opels are there as well under empty>FFS>cars.

Edited by Rip31st

Sorry, I would check it again in game. You know, so many troops and selections from you great Mod. And I just tested yesterday night after downloading...

The mod is not running with CBA i think have grafik bugs,shadow problems etc.and the other mods WarFX and GL4 is without CBA not playable...:(

mmh I tried so many addon combination.

I can´t find where the problem is...

There is one mission submitted so far: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9739

Hmmm I missed that, better go give it a try.

@MancSpartan

Glad I could be of help and Rip is right about the editor being a lot of fun. I am very new to it but I make fun skirmishes for my own enjoyment.

@MancSpartan here is a video that might help you get started with the mission editor:

The mission editor can be quiet entertaining. :)

Only if you use silenced weapons! :biggrin_o:

Mod is quite good for beta release but i found some bugs:

- M3 grease gun have some kind of burn from barrel all the time not only when firing

- English side of a channel is really ... empty i think there should be some towns or airfields in England

good luck guys with the mod, i'm waiting for more patches and keep up the good job

Hi,

Just wondering ....

Since the mod is rather large :-) how will the updates be released? I hope you would not have to re-download the full file every time?

Wondering if it is possible to do like they do with ACE mod and update parts using the SIX updater?

I prefer to try any way of downloading for an updation instead of using Six updater...

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

The jagdpanther is in it. Just look under the 31stWC class. Should be there. Also working on about 3-4 jeeps including the one from the arma1 release. The kubel wagon and opels are there as well under empty>FFS>cars.

It seems I still couldn't find it in the units of editor. Could you kindly advise again in which unit category, not in Troc's armed? By way, I think you don't mean those III Assault gun when you mention Jagerpanther...

fkplace, when in editor place first your player unit, then click again and take empty(bottom list). Now you can place every unit thats in the mod.

the kubelwagen and opel blitz are under FFS and the jagdpanzer can be found under Empty->others->31stWC

hope you find it and remember to place the vehicles Empty or you get CTD.

cya

Hi,

Just wondering ....

Since the mod is rather large :-) how will the updates be released? I hope you would not have to re-download the full file every time?

Wondering if it is possible to do like they do with ACE mod and update parts using the SIX updater?

I'm doing updates in pieces, not the entire mod. See the first page of this thread for more info. I already posted one update.

Mod is quite good for beta release but i found some bugs:

- M3 grease gun have some kind of burn from barrel all the time not only when firing

- English side of a channel is really ... empty i think there should be some towns or airfields in England

good luck guys with the mod, i'm waiting for more patches and keep up the good job

There are no objects placed for towns or road networks on the english side of the channel. Those will come in a later phase.

Edited by Rip31st