Sign in to follow this  
Ingeneer

†SLAYER†'s Russian Federation motorized infantry in digital camo

I like it very much, well done

Glad to read.

I just downloaded this latest version and the ATsoldier with the RPG7 still has the old russian helmet. everyone else has the new ones.

I know that writing read-me files is a wasting of time, because no one reads them. But what the heck, try some day and maybe you now something new, maybe even something interesting.

No, renaming will not help. You need to edit mission.sqm file inside of mission's pbo file with following instructions:

1. Delete line containing "pixel_flora" in "addons" and "addons_auto" sections.

2. Replace all prefixes "pf_" with "pxl_" in the whole file.

3. Save it.

4. Enjoy.

Thanks.

Glad to read.

I know that writing read-me files is a wasting of time, because no one reads them. But what the heck, try some day and maybe you now something new, maybe even something interesting.

I apologize. I did read the read me file and I read the release page. I saw the known issues saying the at soldier was still old model. I assumed that was from your original release and since the only thing in the changelog was changing the AT soldier, I assumed that was what you wanted to change. And you said that "flora" was the helmet you changed it to, I thought flora was the new style that the other units had. I guess I should have looked up what "flora" was, I didn't think you would purposely change the AT back to the original helmet. So you see why I thought what i did even after reading the read me.

And yes it is almost pointless to include the read me. Since addons are constantly coming out unfinished and constantly being updated and fixed AND since others (not you as i found out) don't always change the original read me, or don't change the known issues after changing, I almost never read the read me. Especially since they usually ONLY tell you who made it and how to put them in folders, etc.

Anyway, I really like the units. Great work. Now the Russians look way more modern with the new style helmets. Thanks

victim913, no problems, chill out. My previous post about that no one reads read-me files was a sarcasm partially based on real things.

RPG-7 soldier's model, will be replaced with new one with 6B26 helmet in next (i hope) version.

Some information, if you interested:

Flora (Флора) - is a name of a camouflage pattern (which i used for body armor and old-type helmet). It also known as VSR-98 (ВСР-98).

New type of a helmet is 6B26 (6Б26) and afaik, it has no name/codename.

Glad that you like this units. Cheers.

@SLAYER_RF : A bit off topic here... even if the thread is going on the "discussion" area for months without Moderators thinking it must be moved to "complete" area, I suggest you move it there ... before your next update ;)

Old Bear, thanks for the suggestion, but addon still have some issues. Will create a topic in "complete" section when new version will be ready.

Thanks for info, AnimalMother92. Interesting reading.

New thread created on ArmA 2 & OA - ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE section.

Moderators, please close this thread.

Edited by SLAYER_RF