Sign in to follow this  
Gen.Carnage

Want the rah-66 comanche?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Espectro @ April 04 2002,11:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You.... how many polygons is that? 50?

You do know u can make it more "roundy" right smile.gif?<span id='postcolor'>

well... the 'roundyness' (or lack of it) is actually for stealth purposes, you know staying undetected from radar 'n stuff.

Speaking of which, will this chopper have stealth in OFP?

BTW, about the military, I've been thinking of joining it sometime (i'm 17 and gotta finish school first), can somebody tell me how to 'get started?' You know, where should I go first and what should I take into account, etc

Just walk into your local recruitment centre. They'll talk to you and try to assess where you should go into. That is Amry, Air Force, Navy and what sectors of them.

I might go into the Royal Army Air Corp after I have finished my year in Hong Kong and University.

Jubs

what are the different military subsidaries in the UK??

I know you have an army, navy, and an airforce... but whats the Royal Army Air Corp, and which part are the SAS of??

ex: S.E.A.L. commended to the Navy.. navy seals..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ April 04 2002,19:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it just me ?  Or are the people in these forums driven, by some unknown, mysterious force to create and implement every possible helicopter ever manufactured into this game ?<span id='postcolor'>

I know what advocateXXX is on about. He disagrees with the addition of anything into the game if it won't work efficiently or be of any realistic value to said conflict on such small islands.

I used to agree with the point of view. But I had this opinion when I first joined the forum...when the only chance of anything being added was to hope to try and pursuade BIS into releasing it officially.

But today it won't be long before we can add anything we like ourselves. People are already realising new guns by moding hex values of present models and I am sure that give it a month or so modelers will have the ability to add their models directly into OFP. It seems to me that with this ability we should exploit and make the more of the opertunity to add anything we want...what the hell if it doesn't work very well in game...the model will reside itself to scenery and never be used again...at least we can make this decision and then get on with making something else.

What the hell be creative...life is far to short to be pesimstic...then again life is too short to be playing games all day...maybe I should get out more...

Jubs

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">life is far to short<span id='postcolor'>

Lol, Jub-Jub, you speak like you've seen, heard, and experienced it all. Are you a WWII Veteran or something ? Life's too short. Please. Go watch Barney and friends and get off my case please. I feel as if though you were stalking me on these forums and anytime I post a suggestion or a comment in hopes to keep this game from becoming cluttered with hundreds of pointless units that are simply too "cool" not to be included you come out and start presenting illogical, hell childish comments.

Life's too short, geez. You watch too many movies. Tell me how life is when you've lived it.

there is no royal army air corp, theres the army air corp but i dont think the army is called the 'royal army', the SAS is army, you can go into the raf and do engineering/piloting/raf regiment(soldiers)/general helping around the place, army you can do officer/start from the bottom up and they have paras/mechanized/normal battalions/air corp(with nice shiny wah-64's) and im not sure aout navy/marines

Hey, dude I was defending you there. I see you put across you point of view (which you are entitled too, but I disagree with) and then see people just blow you off, insult you and tell you to keep you snide and pesimistic remarks out of their forum.

I was trying to explain you opinion and validity. But you obviously don't want me too so I'll keep stum.

...and yes life is too short...you'll be amazed how fast the best days of your life go and when its too late you'll realise how you've wasted them by being such a dull depressive git. Life live full and with a smile on your face...and join my cult.

Jubs

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ April 05 2002,00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">there is no royal army air corp, theres the army air corp but i dont think the army is called the 'royal army', the SAS is army, you can go into the raf and do engineering/piloting/raf regiment(soldiers)/general helping around the place, army you can do officer/start from the bottom up and they have paras/mechanized/normal battalions/air corp(with nice shiny wah-64's) and im not sure aout navy/marines<span id='postcolor'>

I was making the point that I was refering to the Royal Armies' Air Corp...meaning the British Army Air Corp...sorry not very well put. Unfortunatly the MOD is considering merging the AAC out of the Army and into the RAF and are already starting the transfer of the FAA (Fleet Air Arm) into the air force. They are actually seriously considering withdrawing the WAH-64 from the Air Corp. They have found a nasty flaw in the Hellfire firing mechanism on the left fixed wing. Debris produced by the Hellfire leaving the pylon is thrown back dangerously close to the back stabalising rotors.

The SAS stands for Special Air Sevice. It is an elitely trained unit, only the best of the best need apply. Along with the SBS (Special Boat Service) they are considered the best, most proficient fighting men produced by any nations armed forces. It is hard to compare the SAS or SBS to anyother fighting force around the world. The nearest US equivalent of the SAS would be Delta Force and the SBS are best comparable to the SEALs...please no angry brits shouting at me that they shouldn't be compared like that...I know!

The Marines are another very highly trained fighting force proficient in marine invasion and very, very good at what they do. Many who go through the Royal Marines move on to the SBS.

The Paratrooper regiment is a corp under the reigns of the Royal Army and is trained in, somewhat obviously, parachuting. Again, since they are key in combat situations deep behind enemy lines, they are trained to a far higher degree than many other sectors.

Jubs

I though this is supposed to be about the commanche! smile.gif ill see if i can get some pictures of a commanche in the game Commanche 4.Later smile.gif

I'm looking my arse off for a schemtic or blueprint or any sort of techical info on the "placecbo tracker"....

NEED HELP People!

tell me what the placebo tracker does will the comanche go "kamikaze" and dive into placebo's?

Will it eject the pilot thru the rotor on spotting one?

Will it release the gunner's seat and dump the gunner on top of it?

Or maybe it will automatically open the bomb bay doors, eject a rope which lasso's the placebo, after which it will pull the chopper up violently, make a barrel roll, entangling the rope into the rotor??

LOL

anyway... of all the posts in this thread.... AMAZINGLY few are actually about the comanche!

thanks for keeping the thread on top though... hehehehe

I'm just happy my name has been mentioned so much wink.gif

the model is finished, maybe some little tweaking and/or detailing, but everything is on it thats essential.

but now it will need to be skinned... <SIGH>

i'll attempt myself, since we cannot choose from the millions of people knocking down our doors to help out with the skinning job smile.gif

just click the image below and go to the screenshots page to view the end result of the RAH-66 comanche attack version.

i humbly thank you for your patience with me everybody... smile.gif