Sign in to follow this  
bascule42

60588 - AI Acting up again...

Just a bit of feedback on the latest build.

Ive been playing the same mission, (Cipher), for a few days.

Last few beta releases have been great, apart from the ctd in unarmed vehicles, I didn't really notice anything that was affecting game play.

With the latest build, my No 3 is repeating "Go, I'll cover" over & over. And My No4 who I arm with a stinger is using the AA weapon against tanks and APC's. He wasn't with previous builds.

Apart from this, I've seen performance improvements and the game play is better than ever.

Also found that static defenses don't engage when shot. (Independents.... I haven't tested Bluefor or Opfor static)

OPFOR and BLUEFOR will fire on them, but they won't shoot back. They are well within spotting range, but they don't even turn their guns.

Can confirm AI not engaging in vehicles as well...

arma22009-12-0118-32-36-65.jpg

...and this.

arma22009-12-0118-40-14-04.jpg

Both of these vehicles I approached from over 200m taking the odd shot at them to get their attention. Can say almost certainly this applies to the OPFOR APC's present in the mission also.

scratch that...

I thought I was doing bloody well!

Edited by Bascule42

Last few beta releases have been great, apart from the ctd in unarmed vehicles, I didn't really notice anything that was affecting game play.

With the latest build, my No 3 is repeating "Go, I'll cover" over & over. And My No4 who I arm with a stinger is using the AA weapon against tanks and APC's. He wasn't with previous builds.

Apart from this, I've seen performance improvements and the game play is better than ever.

I had pretty much the same experience last night. I was pissed when I ordered my guy to shoot down the Heli and got a "no can do"

instead. Apparently he already let lose with it against a ground vehicle.

Last few beta releases have been great, apart from the ctd in unarmed vehicles,

With the latest build, my No 3 is repeating "Go, I'll cover" over & over.

I dont have these problems with my config and 588

Edited by dogz

I noticed the bug with teammates repeating their "go" message over and over too.

On top of that I noticed that sometimes, AI squads also don´t react to taking fire unless shot by the player. Note: This is with 60718

I just tried and i cant replicate the problem with the vehicles not engaging, tried the UAZ AGS30, BMP-3, Tunguska and BTR-90, they all fired at me using beta 60718.

Is there anything specific about this? A waypoint type or anything?

The bug with the repeated messages has been around for a while..

yeah, noticed AI tonight just staring at my tank as I drove over them. They seem to ignore armor? It's like they are just looking for troops. Against troops, they seem MUCH better. Against vehicles? Duh.