Sign in to follow this  
fincuan

Scopes and ballistics

An OA scope & ballistics bundle would be awesome. :)

It might or might not be. At least you won't break anything by trying. You won't probably see any changes in the weapons OA introduces, but technically it should still work for stock Arma2 weapons.

I already have an OA version practically ready for release, except for a problem with illuminated reticles. See more here. Once that gets solved I can push out a new scopes-pack in a matter of hours.

Edited by Fincuan

I'm really looking forward to that! Thanks for your work - this is a must-have addon.

A small update: the illumination problem still remains, but at least I finally managed to create front focal plane reticles(reticle remains at a constant size compared to target when zoom changes) that actually work. It's done via scripting and fsms, so this also opens up a solution to the illumination problem(just swap the whole texture when it gets dark/light) and adds the possibility to implement recoil effects that shift the reticle momentarily away from the center of the screen.

Brilliant! Really looking forward to this as I really miss it when compared with A2.

A small update: the illumination problem still remains, but at least I finally managed to create front focal plane reticles(reticle remains at a constant size compared to target when zoom changes) that actually work. It's done via scripting and fsms, so this also opens up a solution to the illumination problem(just swap the whole texture when it gets dark/light) and adds the possibility to implement recoil effects that shift the reticle momentarily away from the center of the screen.

Good work on this Finucan. I was checking into this recently but my knowledge of FSM's is very limited, so tried to do it all with just scripting, which was very messy and didn't work too well with a massive overhead.

Be very interested to check out your results. Best of luck fella :)

1FP reticles sound mega.

It was something that I would have loved to have had on the L115A3 we did; instead of having to castrate the zoom levels to fit the full scope reticle properly because of the default 2FP support we have in ArmA.