Sign in to follow this  
loosebruce

Is there a demand for this?

Is it ok to steal from someone that already stole something?

So... What if thief nr.1 stole your wallet with cash, cards and the photo of your precious family in it. Would it be ok - cancel itself out? - if a thief nr.2 stole that wallet (yours) from thief nr.1?

It would still suck ass if you ask me. Would'nt ease the pain at all. I would probably get x2 mad as now 2 assholes have touched my stuff and seen my family. :jail:

So you are fine with releasing any addons based on the work of someone else without even asking for a permission. Now that's cool... with that attitude, I really hope you fall flat on your face, atleast once.

Haha, you have no idea. Some jackass stole a map I was making and claimed it for his own. He even had the balls, or stupidity, to have a link to my thread on the download page. Before you say anything, he was calling the map his. He said; "This is MY map Gm whiskey outpost that I made." in the DL description, along with other garbage like fixing shit that he didn't. The only thing he did was change the name to "gm_whiskey_outpost(final)" instead of (beta), nothing more. Don't tell ME about how the stealing of IP is wrong. I've been stolen from. Had he provided proper credit to whom made the map I wouldn't have blown my top. I would have been glad to watch him fall on his face when the community realizes that the map was broken because of an apparent decompile, at least he made an attempt. I'm glad the page for "his" map is gone.

There is a difference between stealing work & calling it your own and taking work, building upon it, & giving proper credit to the back you stood on.

And for those of you curious as to how it looks, here is a link. No bumping please. Old dead thread is old and dead... for now. ;)

http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/showthread.php?t=592813

Ok im writing up a nice email to Eidos Interactive and Ubisoft Montreal. Im gonna drop the Call Of Duty stuff because Infinity Ward sound too scary. If I get any response I will then start to take what I need for my movies.