Sign in to follow this  
Breguinho

Ati 4870x2 not working poperly.

I've this card updated to 9.11 version driver, windows 7 7600 build, ArmA2 patch 1.04 and the game runs at 1920x1200 at 25-+FPS even if I turn everything at minimum settings...why's this happening?

When I were on Vista 64bits(my Win7 is 64bits too) i changed my shortcut directiong with the flag -winxp and it worked great at 45-60FPS but now even changing the shortcut the frame rate states at 25-30FPS.

My comp is this:

E8500 @ 3,16

4870x2 @ Stock

Asus P5Q-PRO

DDR2 Mushkin Extreme 4Gb 1066Mhz

Make sure you have disabled AA in advanced video settings, this option eats fps big time on ATi cards. My game, on a 4850x2, drops from 50-60 fps to about 25fps when i enable this setting... Furthermore check ATi CCC (Ati controlpanel) > ATi Crossfire and make sure "Enable crossfireX" is checked.

Edited by Chill xl

When you're talking about "Enable CrossfireX" do you mean "AI" on CCC right? I've it on advanced, and on GPU-Z is saying that Crossfire is enabled.

I turned out AA inside game settings(on CCC is all on aplication priority) and frame rate has gone better for about 40FPS, much smoother.

Settings are all on High unless AA, post-procesing, and first general settings that are on Very High.

Nope, i dont mean AI in CCC, i mean Crossfire in CCC. I think it's the last/bottom option in the menu on the left.

For reference, check the following screenshot: CCC Crossfire

But euh, GPU-z reports its enabled, so that sounds good!

Im still getting really crapp performance even all advanced settings on minimal, about 30FPS at best.

30fps is 5 frames more than a movie, i would say almost everyone is averaging 25-30 fps. i only get around that and it runs smooth

come on, colt45, that's not about "what fps is smooth", stop trolling. for me smooth is 40+ fps, but that doesn't have anything to do with this forum.

Breguinho, you have x2 gfx card, so there has to be a Crossfire setting in CCC. Try switching CCC to View from "Basic view" to "Advanced view"

come on, colt45, that's not about "what fps is smooth", stop trolling. for me smooth is 40+ fps, but that doesn't have anything to do with this forum.

Breguinho, you have x2 gfx card, so there has to be a Crossfire setting in CCC. Try switching CCC to View from "Basic view" to "Advanced view"

I've done that a second after installed the graphic card, I've my crossfire working on everyone games I played, but on this one perhaps is not working as good as supposed.

Maybe you were measuring your FPS in an editor/multiplayer before and now you have an fps drop in the singleplayer? I have this kind of problems. In most campaign missions i can't get more then 29fps even while looking in the sky.

I've this card updated to 9.11 version driver, windows 7 7600 build, ArmA2 patch 1.04 and the game runs at 1920x1200 at 25-+FPS even if I turn everything at minimum settings...why's this happening?

When I were on Vista 64bits(my Win7 is 64bits too) i changed my shortcut directiong with the flag -winxp and it worked great at 45-60FPS but now even changing the shortcut the frame rate states at 25-30FPS.

My comp is this:

E8500 @ 3,16

4870x2 @ Stock

Asus P5Q-PRO

DDR2 Mushkin Extreme 4Gb 1066Mhz

First of all the 9.11s are lame. They have broken AF in the CCC. IMO the 9.9s are the best driver for 48XX cards.

But to really know what your issue is, where are you testing the FPS at?

Im testing it on multiplayer and on first single map(no campaign) and it's obvious that crossfire is not working on this game coz i've disable it and im getting same FPS.

What program can I use to unnistall drivers?

Well, the 4870x2 (CrossFire) and Cat 9.11's works great here: Win 7 retail, i7 O/C, 6 gig ram...

Game settings: all high except memory @ very high, AA @ normal and the processing on low.

I'm picky about having smooth decent frame rates, and this combo is working well. One thing I noticed was a great improvement going to 3.3GHz from the stock 2.6GHz speed - eliminated all stuttering and slowness while increasing FPS. Oh ya, the SSD drive really helps solve the texture loading/drawing/popping issue.

Edited by Kubicide

Im testing it on multiplayer and on first single map(no campaign) and it's obvious that crossfire is not working on this game coz i've disable it and im getting same FPS.

What program can I use to unnistall drivers?

the uninstaller is in ControlPanel , Program/Features.

But are you using the CAT AI? its on standard? NOT disabled? Also make sure you are getting full 3D speeds, you can make sure by using the option in the trayIcon, 4870x2,3Dsettings,ForceMaxblabla bal enable.

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Well, the 4870x2 (CrossFire) and Cat 9.11's works great here: Win 7 retail, i7 O/C, 6 gig ram...

Game settings: all high except memory @ very high, AA @ normal and the processing on low.

I'm picky about having smooth decent frame rates, and this combo is working well. One thing I noticed was a great improvement going to 3.3GHz from the stock 2.6GHz speed - eliminated all stuttering and slowness while increasing FPS. Oh ya, the SSD drive really helps solve the texture loading/drawing/popping issue.

9.11s are broken for forced AF through the CCC.

AI is always on advanced and not disabled, I know that you mean that you can choose both but nope, just it's on advanced. Forcing full 3D speeds just will generate more power consumption when im on desktop so im not gonna choose that option coz it will do nothing on FPS.

Kubicide, do u've a 4870x2 or just two 4870 on CF? Can you join a server with that settings with fraps and tell me how many FPS you have?

AI set to advanced ISNT recommended. The idea of full 3D speed was to make sure you are running them ingame, there can be a bug with that...Also you can turn it off and on anytime. And FYI i run two 4870X2s in CFX. And depending on the server settings/Mission settings you can be hampered by VD and grass/terrain settings. Do you know what MP map your are on?

Edited by kklownboy

...?

Just did a test on "trial by fire" first single mission. Ran all 4gpus, 2gpus 1gpu.@1940/1440 with a 60hz refreshrate. 803 beta. The only way i can get 25fps on that mission is to have VD @3600, VH on all (no PP) and normal AA(4X) with 1gpu.will even hit the teens....unplayable.

Turn off grass/terrain, Shadows,objectdetail, VD@500,noAF,NoAA, i have 60fps. I keep Texturedetail VH.

Add gpus i can add IQ settings till i have all 4gpus giving me 60fps with VD @3600, VH on all (no PP) and normal AA(4X). CF works, CFX works. Win7-64 Vsync on.

Edited by kklownboy

Breguinho - It's a single 4870x2. I don't have fraps loaded but can say that I'm definately impacted by the server I choose. With some the fps is real fast like single player/training. Other servers are dog slow; ping is good but the frames are slow and the game is choppy.

Is CrossFire kicking in for you? Did you turn on the CCC indicator to verify?

(BTW how did you disable xFire or do you have 2x cards?)