Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

My fellow americans

That time of the year is coming.

The time when we have to force ourselves into slavery of human's own invention. Going against mother nature, trying to out do her, force ourselves to be more productive.

Daylight Savings Time.

That's right. AFAIK we are the only country in the world that practices barbaric act of getting up an hour earlier. Thanks to this act, we loose our precious sleep, and become halucinated, tired, and even more dazed and confused.

But since we are not willing to change and tear this barbaric custom, alas! we have to follow it.

So, please remind yourself when you go to bed on Saturday night to change the clock.

sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ April 02 2002,02:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's right. AFAIK we are the only country in the world that practices barbaric act of getting up an hour earlier.<span id='postcolor'>

u r SO wrong confused.gif

There are dozens of countries around the world that have an equivalent of Daylight Savings Time (DST).

Regarding the United States of America, not all states in the US use DST. In fact, Indiana doesn't have a state-wide standard, some counties use DST, some don't. Arizona and Hawaii also do not observe DST.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 02 2002,02:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh, I thought you meant Income Tax Day. lol<span id='postcolor'>

me too.. lol tounge.gif

I come from the land DownUnder....and I too have suffered the curse of daylight savings.

Problem: I hate the Sun (yes, Im a freak, but who ever said otherwise), and after work I have to put up with an extra hour of it!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Monty Burns - "Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun..."<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ April 02 2002,02:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Daylight Savings Time.

That's right. AFAIK we are the only country in the world that practices barbaric act of getting up an hour earlier.<span id='postcolor'>

Er, did u think about this ? If the US was the only country that had daylight saving time, the world would effectively have to lose an hour mysteriously. LOL.

I got an extra hour at a lan party becuase of dayligth savings time! thank you that guy who invented it to lessen the economic burden of the national gross being spent on candles in the summer!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ April 02 2002,05:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I come from the land DownUnder....and I too have suffered the curse of daylight savings.

Problem: I hate the Sun (yes, Im a freak, but who ever said otherwise), and after work I have to put up with an extra hour of it!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Monty Burns - "Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun..."<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

yes i also hate the sun give me my dark scottish nights raining or snowing dark at 4 pm that the way it should stay then no excuses to leave pc

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (christophercles @ April 02 2002,14:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I got an extra hour at a lan party becuase of dayligth savings time! thank you that guy who invented it to lessen the economic burden of the national gross being spent on candles in the summer!<span id='postcolor'>

You got a solar powered PC/hub? tounge.giftounge.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ April 02 2002,04:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">oh sh!t...forgot about income tax files!

wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Mr. Taxman didn't...hehehe....

I got 600 back....god bless home ownership!

Oh yeah...and WHEN is DST.....so I know.... :|

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hilandor @ April 02 2002,14:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yes i also hate the sun   give me my dark scottish nights   raining or snowing     dark at 4 pm    that the way it should stay   then no excuses to leave pc<span id='postcolor'>

I'v been to Britain twice in the winter and I LOVED the weather there smile.gif dark at 9am and dark at 3 or 4pm and grey in between. LOVED IT!