Sign in to follow this  
skep155

Civilian Chatter

Thinking of buying Arma2 but i just want to make sure its going to be an all round more realistic combat experience than the first one. One thing i have noticed in Arma 1 is that the urban areas always seem a little too quiet, especially when making your own missions.

Is there a way to get the civilians to 'talk' to each other and some decent ambient background sounds that you can add into your missions? I just want it to feel a little more like im fighting in a town thats inhabited by people rather than a ghost town :)

The civilian, animal and civilian vehicle modules add a lot of atmosphere into the game. In terms of civilian "chatter"..... well....... It would be difficult to script proper chatter, in order for it to be remotely realistic it would be better to have voice actors or something.

I think the combination of those three modules is enough already.

But when you are fighting in a 'populated' village you will be hearing the civilians scream for example. So it isn't really a ghost town anymore.

But when you are fighting in a 'populated' village you will be hearing the civilians scream for example. So it isn't really a ghost town anymore.

You do hear them scream. Most of them are lying on the ground and trying not to be seen, and a few are running around.

But when you have seventeen people in Chernogorsk, who's going to notice?

The civilians (with ALICE) do talk to each other... hard to notice though and it doesnt happen every time. Once I saw what looked like a couple having a fight, complete with animations that the girl is frustrated or something. Cant remember if there was a conversation though.. But conversations do indeed happened. just that it happened very rarely.

Thinking of buying Arma2 but i just want to make sure its going to be an all round more realistic combat experience than the first one. One thing i have noticed in Arma 1 is that the urban areas always seem a little too quiet, especially when making your own missions.

Is there a way to get the civilians to 'talk' to each other and some decent ambient background sounds that you can add into your missions? I just want it to feel a little more like im fighting in a town thats inhabited by people rather than a ghost town :)

Actually, with the built in ALICE module(ambient civilians), the civilians go about their own lives in the town, and some meet up and start having conversations. Another time I noticed one civilian randomly died in his yard and a few civilians ran over and started crying beside his dead body and speaking with a sad tone. But as soon as firing and explotions happen, they scream as they run inside their houses.