Sign in to follow this  
SyNcRoNiCzZ

Two Secondary Weapons

Hello ArmA2 Fans,

I Work on a Addon to use 2 Secondary Weapons (only just begin). :D Because I think this a good idea, Who the midst of battle, the ammunition is empty. And is not an Ammunition-Box near. You should always have a different Weapon. I will also have a strap to try to create for the M16A4, but this is still far away. ;)

That time there was already an Addon for OFP, use for 2 Weapons In-Game. I do not know by whom was the Addon for OFP.

I define the moment the 2´the Weapon as Rocket Launchers (M136) in the Config, while there are still problems. :(

I can not use the other Primary Weapons. For whatever reason ??? I do not know, whot the Problems of this.

Maybe they can Help me ARMA2 Config Professionals.

In order to get done an Impression of it, I've made a few more images of this. ;)

www.img-hosting.de/show.htm?bild=25916arma22009111415131034jpg

www.img-hosting.de/show.htm?bild=25917arma22009111415132167jpg

http://www.img-hosting.de/show.htm?bild=25918arma22009111415135245jpg

http://www.img-hosting.de/show.htm?bild=25919arma22009111415165468jpg

http://www.img-hosting.de/show.htm?bild=25920arma22009111415191676jpg

http://www.img-hosting.de/show.htm?bild=25921arma22009111415192637jpg

http://www.img-hosting.de/show.htm?bild=25922arma22009111415201368jpg

in Domination maps! you can teak 3 arms(sniper arms,m240,m136) jast addon its good! good idea!)

(sorry for bad english)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RByJpY5wlgE&hl=ru_RU&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RByJpY5wlgE&hl=ru_RU&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Edited by Keshman

I asked Xeno about his Domination backpack code once, then felt like a bit of an idiot when he pointed me to a thread where other people had asked him already :) ... there was a full explanation and some quick and easy additional code which allowed you to add Xeno's "backpack" to any mission...

It worked a treat...

A "self-initialising / standalone addon" version of that would be nice... my only problem with it being you don't LOOK as if you're carrying additional gear...

I remember - back in those Flashpoint days.... I tweaked for weeks... an addon called "Andys Backpack"... made by Andersson... I quite possibly had more fun with and learned more from that addon than any other at that time... It had a backpack model which you could carry and drop - in fact you had to drop it in order to access the contents... It allowed you to carry additional mags, an alternate primary weapon, etc etc

I tweaked the config, reskinned the rucksack model, eventually replaced bits of it - my first real contact with O2, with configs, with texturing..... a fun addon and a great learning experience.....

Anyhow, here's the discussion thread for Xeno's backpack code which you can easily add to any mission...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

I asked Xeno about his Domination backpack code once, then felt like a bit of an idiot when he pointed me to a thread where other people had asked him already :) ... there was a full explanation and some quick and easy additional code which allowed you to add Xeno's "backpack" to any mission...

It worked a treat...

A "self-initialising / standalone addon" version of that would be nice... my only problem with it being you don't LOOK as if you're carrying additional gear...

I remember - back in those Flashpoint days.... I tweaked for weeks... an addon called "Andys Backpack"... made by Andersson I think... I quite possibly had more fun with and learned more from that addon than any other at that time... It had a backpack model which you could carry and drop - in fact you had to drop it in order to access the contents... It allowed you to carry additional mags, an alternate primary weapon, etc etc

I tweaked the config, reskinned the rucksack model, eventually replaced bits of it - my first real contact with O2, with configs, with texturing..... a fun addon and a great learning experience.....

Anyhow, here's the discussion thread for Xeno's backpack code which you can easily add to any mission...

B

Thanks for you comment Bushlurker. I want that with my "very simple" Addon, which will be replaced as Rocket Launchers, inserts and a normal 2 Weapon. I did my time thinking everything, and I think it is possible to replace the rocket launcher.

We'll see what can be done. :bounce3:

in Domination maps! you can teak 3 arms(sniper arms,m240,m136) jast addon its good! good idea!)

(sorry for bad english)

Thanks for the comment, yes I do think would be great.

I am still looking for people who want to Support me in this Projects (or want :D).

Edited by SyNcRoNiCzZ

Andy's Backpack was - literally - a man-portable, invisible mini "ammocrate" which was attached to the actual visible giant bergen-style rucksack model...

When you dropped the rucksack it moved the invisible ammocrate to a point underground directly below the rucksack model - then you could access the contents in the usual ammocrate manner...

No doubt Xemo's method is neater and entirely scripted, but I kinda liked Andy's way...

I played MP in those days - almost exclusively 2-man co-op special ops/SAS style missions - and the reallife SAS guys often do carry backpacks the size of small apartment blocks when they're operating behind enemy lines...

You had to plan - dump the rucksack somewhere nearby before going into combat - remember where you left it, and go get it afterwards...

Forcing you to stop, remove the rucksack and access it helped negate the "one man army / armoury at your fingertips" Ezee weapon switching Xeno method that gets so much criticism from the realism crew...

What else do those SAS guys humph around??

A little tent, maybe? - that you could spawn/despawn from a dropped rucksack?

A campfire build capability?

Some limited first-aid/stop bleeding capability?

Just a few ideas... :)

Go for it Christian! I'm very interested to see what you come up with...

B

PS - Here's the original OFP Andy Backpack discussion thread and addon... Andersson is still around on the Forums here, I'm fairly sure he'd answer any questions you may have...

Edited by Bushlurker

Does anyone know where I can find the Standard 16a4 Handanim ?

Config:

"\Ca\weapons\data\Anim\???.rtm"

I need the Standart Weapon Hold Anim for the Config.

two secundary weapons. i also had this idea.... but in a different way. it would be cool to use two weapons (handguns) at the same time! :D

what do you think. would it be possible? maybe define it as one weapon with two barrels.

Be aware of the implications of using scripted methods for changing ammunition around. Afaik, you can't get half filled magazines back, only full ones. This means that any backpack script allows players to exploit the system and have unlimited ammo as long as they don't deplete their mag.

I rewrote the Domination backpack script for Arma1, so that once you activated the script, it would not add the current magazine to the magazine array if you've fired a bullet from it.

Any addon that allows cheating or exploits, will not end up on many servers "approved addon list".

A possible workaround for this problem could be to create far away containers, where the *actual* magazines and weapon was stored. Remember to clean up if player disconnects though.