Sign in to follow this  
gign4ever

How to disable vsync on ati ?

Is there any way to disable vsync on arma2 with ati ?

I use catalyst 9.10 and always disable vsync-in but always 60 fps max in arma 2...

How to disable vsync ?

Is there any way to disable vsync on arma2 with ati ?

I use catalyst 9.10 and always disable vsync-in but always 60 fps max in arma 2...

How to disable vsync ?

lol, welcome to AMD driver/software incompetency. I gave up on CCC long time ago and using ATI Tray Tools where Ray Adams pick up AMD slack. If you have problems installing/using it let me know and i will help you.

Ok i have installed aty tray tools last version !!! thanx for the tips

Can you help me with tutorial to disable vsync ? thanx a lot

Ok i have installed aty tray tools last version !!! thanx for the tips

Can you help me with tutorial to disable vsync ? thanx a lot

what operating system you're running? 32 or 64 bit?

Did ati tray tool installed successfully? no driver signature problems? what version of ati tray tools did you install?

Win7 64bit, ati tray tools successfully installed, no driver signature problems, att version 1.6.9.1433

Win7 64bit, ati tray tools successfully installed, no driver signature problems, att version 1.6.9.1433

ok, i'm writing to you from work so i will try to be as precise as possible;

First end task CCC.

1) right click att tray tools on your task bar and click on Manage profiles.

2) Click on the folder icon to locate game executable, navigate to exe file in arma beta folder. Then click on the 3D button to the right of the exe path to detect D3D game API.

3) Give a name for your profile in the box just above where you navigated the path.

4) At bottom of the window, click the save icon, then scroll to arma2 profile in the scroll box.

5) Click to check 3D settings box and scroll to select your settings i.e. Max Quality, Max Performance, Auto Balance then click on Edit button.

6) Now at this point i can't remember what i did exactly but you should see an option to override refresh rate and to disable vsync, just look around.

7) Don't forget to save.

8) Lunch the game normally from the beta folder, ATT tools will automatically detect arma2 game lunch.

First end task CCC.

Stop with the CCC hate. You can run both together, and if he uses other games, or is a CF user it will fubar any profiles,and will fubar the A2 profile.

All Ray does is hack the reg, which makes it easy for us.. but you could do it too. It is sad that ATi is so beholden to MS and wants the devs to do all the work. But it would be better still if Bis gave us the option, and they might when they actually make a game for vista/win7.

Also you can use Riva Tuner to get tearing and loose tribuff IQ too.

fcuk the CCC it's worthless piece of crap, nothing works in it from fan speed to temperature control to vsync and no Ray Adams doesn't just hack the registry.

Read below, CCC does conflict with ati tray tools. I have never used CCC since 9.9 and all is ok.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=199274

i use the tool with no issue and 9.9 and 9.10 vista64, xp64. With the CCC I can adjust my fans no problem... i can use CCC profiles for many options... and is absolutely necessary for CF and CFX.

I dont use Rays for OCing? i use MSI afterburner, much better and cleaner.The only reason to use Rays is to get Vysnc off and to open up a few reg settings, HQ AF ect Its nice. Been a user of his app since 9700 era.

CCC works fine for me about every second PC format, but when it doesn't work I use Rivatuner to force vsync off.

do you know if there is way to enable/configure a TV connected to an ATI card via ATI Tray Tool...i can't find anything.

And Besides i got a problem with unsinged drivers (win7 64 bit)

well it works with the CCC. Not sure if ATT has that function?

But you mean to record?

no....for watching movies,clips,etc stored on my PC on my TV. But i couldn't find an option with ATT to enable the TV out.

First end task CCC.

1) right click att tray tools on your task bar and click on Manage profiles.

2) Click on the folder icon to locate game executable, navigate to exe file in arma beta folder. Then click on the 3D button to the right of the exe path to detect D3D game API.

3) Give a name for your profile in the box just above where you navigated the path.

4) At bottom of the window, click the save icon, then scroll to arma2 profile in the scroll box.

5) Click to check 3D settings box and scroll to select your settings i.e. Max Quality, Max Performance, Auto Balance then click on Edit button.

6) Now at this point i can't remember what i did exactly but you should see an option to override refresh rate and to disable vsync, just look around.

7) Don't forget to save.

8) Lunch the game normally from the beta folder, ATT tools will automatically detect arma2 game lunch.

Now it works:)

Thx a lot!!!:notworthy: