Sign in to follow this  
gign4ever

Help for the order of sounds mods !

Hi all and sorry for my poor english !

Is that order is the best way to use all sounds mods ?

@VopSound;@SOW;@D3_WeaponFX;@HiFi_AIR;@HiFi_Vehical_Weapons;@RH_Heli_sound_mod;@TRSM_Tracked_Vehicles

Is it the best order ? All working together or some compatibility problems ?

thanx :)

They are not modular so you cant use them all.

Like that you will replace the sounds over and over again with all soundmods. You have to make out WHAT sounds are replaced with each soundmod. If 2 of them replace small arms then you cant have both as you can understand.

Either use SOW or VOP. With both of those i think you can use TRSM however since that one changes some vehicles engines/track sounds only.

SOW with HiFi_Air is what i use and that works perfect. TRSM works with this combo too i think. So SOW, HIFI_AIR & TRSM should be good.

Load the soundmods last in the modline.

Use a launcher!

Like Alex says - if a replacement is duplicated then they'll just overwrite...

You CAN layer mods, but you need to know what's replacing what, then you can decide an order to load them in...

The basic rule, if two mods both replace the same thing, the last loaded is the one you get...

So - if you overlay a soundmod that replaces every weapon sound with a subsequently loaded one that only replaces rifle sounds you'll get the handgun sounds from mod 1 and the rifle sounds from mod 2...

Whereas if you have the rifle sounds mod loading first - you won't get it at all, as it'll be overwritten later during the loading process with the "all sounds" mod

NB - this assumes well-behaved addons with no conflicts - it won't always work...

Still - it CAN work nicely, with both soundmods and FX mods too - specially if they're configurable so you can have some FX from one, overlaid with additional complementary FX from another, etc etc...

Get a launcher that allows "mod ordering" - there are several now... make sure CBA (if you use it) is the first mod in line, then line up your others after that in your carefully calculated sound overlay sequence...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

Aren't the VopSound & SOW the same ?

I've been using the following:

@HiFi_A10_v1.3

@TRSM-Tracked_Vehicles1.0

@VopSound 2.1

@RH_Heli_sound_mod_1.01

I was also wondering if anyone knows if these mods work together without no problem. It seems the gamecrashes i have are the result of the game, server load or buggy mission because this happens without the mods aswell. The only thing that i do notice is that sometimes the AH-1 Cobra sound seems to be played double where one sound (RH) is played on time and the other (softer) engine sound you hear when you are already in the air?

SOW is made by the guy that made FDF sounds for OFP and Arma. They are not the same.

I havent tried VOP because I been reading here and there about compability problems, dont know if that is still the case though.