Sign in to follow this  
Karimloo

Cover System

Does anyone know if making it is possible? Or if there is already one?

I'm saying a Mod based on a Gears of War/Six Days in Fallujah Cover system would be great.

Oh and for those 3rd Person "ITS A CHEATING THING LOL" people, Its mainly for 3rd Person single player.

If you could add it to multiplayer, I guess you'd have to set the first person option for the server so everyone takes first person cover.

Some of us like 3rd Person...

I do not believe it is doable, simply because the RV engines animation system can not deal with it. plus, can modders even make animations like that? have not seen an animation pack sense OFP

I had a feeling it wasn't doable, but if that comment came from an experienced modder or even a developed, I'd know for sure. Until then, I'll look around.

It ought to be doable if someone can make all the animations for it, which least to say is a terrible amount of work, and that's assuming you find someone able to do it.

I'm not sure how smoothly it'd work even then though, since it properly has to detect the height of the object you are taking cover against and detect corners.

If it can be done I don't think it'd be a pretty or userfriendly system.