Sign in to follow this  
welshdude

R.I.P to the 5 British soldiers and the 13 U.S soldiers

That is a rhetorical argument that you threw out that deserves no real reply. Just because few professors deviate and has a memorization teaching approach, which falls well outside of the bell curve, does not mean Western universities are the same as Russian higher education institutions. It would be nice if you actually read up on the differences and why Russia has always been the laggard in technology and infrastructure because of their style of teaching

Speaking as someone who has often used learning by rote to university classes I think I can safely say it is an extremely effective method of teaching. It is also not "outside the bell curve" but a time honoured and well used method that has achieved results in students again and again for thousands of years in thousands of education facilites worldwide.

The reason I know it works so well is that I can still decline all my latin verbs, 35 years after learning to. Also my times tables.

I met a few Russian exchange students as child. They never seemed under educated. I meet plenty of educated Russians here in Cambridge.

Their technological achievements are amongst the wonders of the modern era.

I simply fail to believe that their educaton system is so terrible when they have put a man into space all those decades ago and my country still cannot.

Edited by Baff1

Bro, can you please use spell checker? If you can't master American English, then please don't post until you have.

think i dont have to comment anything on that in a international forum, where not everyone is a native english speaking dude like you! maybe you should get off that horse and talk to us here on the ground m8 cause we're not the enemy ;-) didnt read all the posts before and after your statement, but that comment above what i saw, just surely pi**** me off!

reason 4 deleting:

he wrote this to another US citizen, so he was not writing this to non-native language user

besides that, sad to hear about the the loss of the 18 soldiers, but one also shouldnt forget the loss of hundreds and thousands of also innocent victims of that war on terror, that got killed whiles our troops are trying to fight those idiotic fanatics! i think all innocent victims and their left behind on both sides couldnt care less or give a **** which country build what first on your discussion on page 2!! they are dead, and for what!?!? religion and a overdose of patriotism are the source of all wars and since 1945 till today....the world was literally 26 days without war!!

ps: with a overdose of patriotism i ment all countries and not only the US, just in case someone wants to jump on me heheee

in memory of all victims of war

cemetery.jpg

when politicians leave this earth, their bodies lie in state,

while thousands note their passing and proclaim that they were great.

papers tell their whole life stories, from the time that they were young,

but the passing of a soldier goes unnoticed and unsung.

it's so easy to forget them for it was so long ago,

that the old bills of our country went to battle, but we know

it was not the politicians, with their compromise and ploys,

who won for us the freedom that our country now enjoys.

he was just a common soldier and his ranks are growing thin,

but his presence should remind us we may need his like again.

for when countries are in conflict, then we find the soldier's part

is to clean up all the troubles that politicians or religious fundamentalists start.

Edited by Chaostika7-17th
[QUOTE=vilas;1487549]he wrote this to another US citizen, so he was not writing this to non-native language user[/QUOTE]

he wrote this to another US citizen, so he was not writing this to non-native language user

oops, sorry then!! as mentioned, i didnt read everything and i just blew up a bit, as i flew over that comment. still sounds a bit arrogant to me, cause not everybody had the opportunity of a good education and i dont mean anyone "involved" in this here hehee. just a thought. soz again, for my misinterpretation and thanks vilas.

Edited by Chaostika7-17th