Sign in to follow this  
Alex72

Nvidia and heavy stutter in latest beta's 59875 & 59928 - poss. fix

I'm having heavy stutter too now with 60000 beta. I've tried 191.07 & 195.39. Same results. It doesn't stutter very often though. And it disappear as fast as the stutter came and fps get back to normal. But when it does stutter my fps drops to 0. It halts completely the frames to second or two.

That stutter you encounter is after playing for hours, when the memory leak starts to gnaw on your ArmA II. When it starts stuttering, you can play for another 30-40 minutes and it will eventually detach the rendering window and the arma2.exe process will hang.

Or are you talking of something else?

GPU_MaxFramesAhead="1000";

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead="3";

GPU_MaxFramesAhead="1000";<------------change this to 1,2,3,4,8

That stutter you encounter is after playing for hours, when the memory leak starts to gnaw on your ArmA II. When it starts stuttering, you can play for another 30-40 minutes and it will eventually detach the rendering window and the arma2.exe process will hang.

Or are you talking of something else?

Must be something else than memory leak. I don't believe BIS have created memory leak now when it didn't have it in V 1.01.

---------- Post added at 09:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

GPU_MaxFramesAhead="1000";<------------change this to 1,2,3,4,8

I'll try that if it helps. Could be because the stuttering came after beta patch that added those lines in cfg.

But your system is not really good for this game. Just as mine. But with the latest drivers, and my AMD 6000+ X2 i play at 1280x1024, all normal but PP=low and i play with 2500VD.

As long as im not in the 2 big cities i have superb performance. I mean its awesome. If you have bad FPS now then you got something badly setup mate. People are praising these latest beta's for boosting a lot. Maybe you have to find your settings as well. Usually takes some months (did for me in ArmA and ARMA2) to find that superb all around FPS for my system.

Three is for Nvida only. ATi is 0

ATI defaults to 3 too ... NVIDIA should too ... that's standard for most windows drivers ...

usually 0 don't work well or at all on most AMD.ATI cards

Let me share a found i just made on v60091 (on my pc specifically).

When i start in windowed mode (as i ususally do) i have some stutters. When i however exit and start the game in fullscreen - uber smooth gameplay. Seems windowed doesnt work as good as it used to. Like i said though - on my pc. You could test it however and see if something feels better - or not. :)

Alex

But your system is not really good for this game. Just as mine. But with the latest drivers, and my AMD 6000+ X2 i play at 1280x1024, all normal but PP=low and i play with 2500VD.

As long as im not in the 2 big cities i have superb performance. I mean its awesome. If you have bad FPS now then you got something badly setup mate. People are praising these latest beta's for boosting a lot. Maybe you have to find your settings as well. Usually takes some months (did for me in ArmA and ARMA2) to find that superb all around FPS for my system.

Yeah my CPU definetly is bottlenecking the game. But i said i had some stutter occasionally not all the time. And after it had halted for couple of seconds it returned back to normal. It did that maybe once in a 30 mins session. Otherwise performance is indeed greatly improved since launch of the game. I mean i'm even now satisfied how the game runs without slowly loading textures and other immersion brakers.

I can use these settings and usually game runs pretty smoothly. You don't need your fps to be 40+ in BIS games.

Texture Detail - High

Video Memory - High

Anisotropic Filtering - Normal

Terrain Detail - Normal

Objects Detail - Normal

Shadow Detail - High

AA - Normal

PostProcess Effects- High

Resolution - 1280 x 1024 (100%)

btw. Changing GPU_MaxFramesAhead="1000"; to 5 seemed to work pretty well. It didn't do that strange halt like it did. Or it may be the new patch v60091.

Edited by Potatomasher

ATI defaults to 3 too ... NVIDIA should too ... that's standard for most windows drivers ...

usually 0 don't work well or at all on most AMD.ATI cards

I get 0 for detected on 1950xtx,2900xt,and 4870X2.... so its not even on for me till i set it.?

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Y...

btw. Changing GPU_MaxFramesAhead="1000"; to 5 seemed to work pretty well. It didn't do that strange halt like it did. Or it may be the new patch v60091.

That was the frames ahead.:cool:

Yeah i told you lol. Try even lower and it might be better still. ;)