Sign in to follow this  
gurachn

Zoom? Slow?

I am guess the zoom function (default hold R Mouse) is meant to simulate, the extra clarity you get from focusing your attention on a point, and I think that is reasonable.

On the other hand, it seems to me that in real life the process is almost instantaneous, whereas in the game it is a bit slower.

Any mods or other ways to speed this up?

Zoom is pretty fast for me. It takes less than a second. In fact I am not sure my real eyes could actually focus faster...

i dunno..

From what I understand, the only thing you can do with the zoom in a mod is

change the magnitude of it, not change the speed of it.

Hi, im fine with the time that takes to zoom In to my needs, takes almost the same time to

zoom in than in real life focus into a distant object to discern it and what's behind it, to

distinguish if that small thing that pops a little up from it is the head of a target or just a

rock or other thing behind the object that i'd try to focus in; so for me the zoom in/out

speed is fine. Let's C ya

Thanks for the replies.

Personally it seems to me that I can focus/unfocus on an object (especially in the mid distance) in real life much quicker than in the game.

It especially seems to be an unnatural problem when I am scanning far down the street, and a baddy pops out of a doorway just off to my side. I often get popped before I get him clearly in my sights due to the disorientation of pivoting while my sights are unzooming. Even a second is too long in those situations.

But in anycase, it seems there is no solution to this, right?

Hi, yeah, there is no solution man; in the RL you can focus faster because you focus your

eyes on the target and then all what you've to do, is raise the weapon and align the target

on the sights and shot, at the speed that you'll do it, while in game this speed is fixed, is

always the animation speed, also the floating zone have a big impact here while in real life

the floating zone does not exist, in the game makes it harder to aim directly at the target

and shot to kill with the first agrupation; also the AI have the amazing capability of don't

need to raise the weapon for shot to kill, they can fire at you with their weapon pointing

to the other direction, running and with the weapon pointing down, which is unfair to us.

This is in the vanilla game, i don't use full mods so i don't know how the AI may behave

on those; but the AI in the vanilla game, cheats. Let's C ya

I hear ya, wipman.

Since the timing on the zoom is controled by the animations, I was just wondering if anything had been done work on these.

I can live with it.

Thanks

Well, if I could take on the entire enemy base alone as an infantry and killed all the enemy infantries and tanks in the armored fist SP mission alone, then yeah, I guess the zoom is ok. :)