Sign in to follow this  
Mask

T80 vs m1a1

Hey guys, recently i have been messing up with armored units and found out that it takes at least 4-5 Laws to destroy M1A1 and only 4 Laws on T80. Also when shooting let's say from T80 in M1A1 u got to fire like five times, when T80 can be destroyed from 3 shoots only. biggrin.gif So here comes the fun part. What i don't get is that how in campaign missions where M1A1's goes against T80 and they get busted first? ???And that sometimes really bugs me. Got any suggestions or answers? Thanks alot guys! biggrin.gif

The M1A1 is better.

The M1A1 has better armour.

The T80 has a bigger gun, but not big enough to take out the M1A1 in 3 shots.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> So here comes the fun part. What i don't get is that how in campaign missions where M1A1's goes against T80 and they get busted first? <span id='postcolor'>

That was my question! confused.gif

It's not really about tank versus tank, it's about how effective are each sides' anti-tank weapons versus tanks.

It takes 6 RPGs to take out an Abrams.

It takes 4 LAWs to take out a T80.

It takes 3 or 4 AT6s to take out an Abrams.

It takes 2 Hellfires to take out a T80.

It takes 3-4 Chs to take out an Abrams.

It takes 1 Maverick to take out a T80.

It takes 3-4 AT4s to take out a Abrams.

It takes 2 Carl gustavs to take out a T80 (one will usually cripple/kill most of the crew).

As far as survival and therefore effectiveness, the Abrams stands out as better than the T80. Even though the West dominates the tank battlefield, the sides manage to be even.

Except for the choppers. Anyway different AI skill settings may be the reason why T80s are so big threath to M1A1s in campaign, better skill ---> faster reload & better aim for AI.

i think when AI controls a tank its alot weaker...i was playin a campaign like me vs a t80, and 2 t-72s, i killed all the t-72s in 1-2 shots and the t80 in like 3 or 4 wehile takin atleast 7 myself

Maybe the AI targets the biggest threat first like if there are 2 T-80 and 4 T-72 the allied tanks shall attack the T-80 first.

the M1A1 is the best

russians have better air power and US has better tank power ;0

NO not another of these threads, this even has the same title as the last.

It ended up that nobody could decide becuase all the armour on them is classified, also ended in a flmae war and I think it was locked in the end wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">russians have better air power and US has better tank power <span id='postcolor'>

Well im not sure about this one, cos US AH-64 r really good, so it also depends on the situation smile.gif

Yes, l started the last threat. I believe that the M1 are superior ro the T-80. While the T-80 are tough cookies, too the M1A1 is nearly imune to heat rounds and takes more law and at to hit the dirt.

I am sure though that a missile than either the A-10 or Su-25 will send the T-80 and M1A1 flying. biggrin.gif

I have also been killed in the T-80 before the tank itself being destroyed while in M1A1 even when is disabled, most of the time l get out of there, still alive biggrin.gif

While the M1A1 is better than the T-80 we must all agree that the T-72 is superior to the M60 thus balancing things up a bit. In addition they have better AA defences l believe since Shilka is better than the Vulcan.

Well i have been playing with the build in editor as we all probably did and i was just practicing with different stuff. And it looks like when u place a Satchel charge near the tank (tested on M1A1 and T72, T80) the last two blow up like babys, but Abrams can still move the turet and u can fire, which proves the strength and the armour of the tank biggrin.gif

Just try to understand: this game was developed for WEST... Why EAST should be better then WEST? Foget about it smile.gif

Well, I suppose I should add my comment aswell.

The Russains believe in human wave tactics like in Chechnia( fuck, thats spelt wrong) so they mass produce low quality kit and allways have done, T34 for example.

There tactics are simple, if we keep sending targets into that tank, then it will run out of ammo or have a mechanical fault, then we can get it

Of course the game would be different if we added a T-80U.

If we added a M1A2 instead of having just an M1 (yes, it is misnamed, in the game it is actually a M1, not an M1A1), things would be A LOT different. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Benze @ Mar. 30 2002,20:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It takes 2 Hellfires to take out a T80.<span id='postcolor'>

Wrong. It can only take one hellfire to destroy a T80. U must know how to do this afcourse. I know how. tounge.gif

2 Hellfires are enough to destroy an abrams.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so they mass produce low quality kit and allways have done, T34 for example.

<span id='postcolor'>

Is this the same “low quality†stuff which kills 17 Panzers on first encounter near Moskow in 1941?

BTW

Panzer 5 was German copy from T34.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SPAEM @ Mar. 30 2002,22:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">russians have better air power and US has better tank power ;0<span id='postcolor'>

Apache is the best chopper in the game, not hind. Hind's armor is the best, but Apache is still better. Better targeting, better missle power, better rocket power, more lively. The only thing better on Hind is its armor. I can always destroy the Hind with an Apache.

And BTW, Hind is using 56mm rockets, apache is using 70mm hydra rockets. FFARS are also 70mm. Dunno why, but apache is using FFARS in OFP.

Anyway. One FFAR is enough to destroy one BMP, three or even two are enough to destroy a T72, 5 FFARs can destroy a T80. U have to be good afcourse.

U need more 56mm rockets in the game and in real life to destroy all those tanks. Twice as many.

I destroyed 4 T80's, 4 T72's and a few BMP'S with Blackhawk yesturday. biggrin.gif So, Mi-17 is not a lot better. U have to be more exact with Blackhawk afcourse.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is this the same “low quality†stuff which kills 17 Panzers on first encounter near Moskow in 1941?

BTW

<span id='postcolor'>

yeah it was low quality, you will probably find that the Germans were outnumbered so they were bound to lose.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Germans were outnumbered so they were bound to lose.<span id='postcolor'>

what you mean outnumbered ? i give you the facts about 1 (one) T34 and 17 Panzers. 17 to 1 and you still call them "outnumbered" ?

BTW

Ok, this has been debated several times now:

Read this

..and never mind me.. eh flaming wobble. It was all in good spirit smile.gif

Perhaps you also want to look at this for T72 and T90 armour estimates:

Armour Estimates

I suppose that the same threads would not keep coming up if this forum had a working search function *hint* *hint*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mask @ Mar. 30 2002,22:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">russians have better air power and US has better tank power <span id='postcolor'>

Well im not sure about this one, cos US AH-64 r really good, so it also depends on the situation  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ya

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Benze Mar. 31 2002,00:10<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If we added a M1A2 instead of having just an M1 (yes, it is misnamed, in the game it is actually a M1, not an M1A1), things would be A LOT different. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well i don't know why r u saying that in the game it is M1. Nothing is missnamed. wink.gif The tank is M1A1 Abrams. U'd better check the game again. biggrin.gif