Sign in to follow this  
lucilk

lk Nuclear Bomb

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-yX1Z0k6Bk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-yX1Z0k6Bk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Copy mission folder to your Arma2 mission folder in your My Documents

Copy scud.pbo in your arma 2 mod folder

Download Link

LK Nuke 0.9

Edited by lucilk

Yessss!

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

I got it to work in my mission. I'm parsing through the code, I am trying to get rid of the map click portion of it and just activate when I trip a trigger with the location on a map marker. I'll keep looking and trying, but if you have a quick advice that would be awesome.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

I think just replacing all CMTargets that I find with my marker name? Would that do the trick?

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Upon further thought that is NOT a good idea.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

By messing around, I did get it to activate via trigger on my designated markerpos, but I only got the flash to go...

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Okay, sorry for all the edits: I got as far as the nuke fly's in on a trigger and appears to go off. For some reason it isn't landing on my marker though, it is landing nearby the player (seems to spawn in above me and fly a hundred meters or so away on it's way down).

Here is the code from the launch.sqs, the only file i changed. Can you tell what is wrong and why it isn't going to my marker named Nuke1?

nukev = false;

publicvariable "nukev"

Launch = "HeliHEmpty" createVehicle (position player);

CMTarget = "HeliHEmpty" createVehicle (position player);

sub = createMarker ["sub", position Launch];

sub setMarkerType "Select";

destination = createMarker ["destination", position Launch];

CMTarget getPos Nuke1;

"destination" setmarkerpos getPos CMTarget;

[] exec "nuke\nukeincoming.sqs";

exit

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Okay, I figured it all out. I have it set to work and drop on my position of choice. I just edited the nukelaunch to this:

nukev = false;

publicvariable "nukev"

Launch = "HeliHEmpty" createVehicle (position player);

CMTarget = "HeliHEmpty" createVehicle (position player);

sub = createMarker ["sub", position Launch];

sub setMarkerType "Select";

destination = createMarker ["destination", position Launch];

CMTarget setPosASL [(getpos Nuke1 select 0),(getpos Nuke1 select 1), 0] ;

"destination" setmarkerpos getPos CMTarget;

[] exec "nuke\nukeincoming.sqs";

exit

mtuckner you kinda got it, sorry i have been busy , but setpos will do the trick, modify it to your needs an give some feedback

Hello) Write please where to reduce radius of flash, fire and a smoke! this bomb) I have reduced radius of damage! no see where radius flash fire :( my english bad :( sorry

Very nice! Works like a charm. Will be using this for sure.

Edited by Grimes [3rd ID]

yes your movie is nice to, but... i promise i will make it FPS friendly in the future, i know its GPU and RAM and CPU consuming but i will make it better

my pc is pretty powerful and fps does drop a bit but i can handle it. i placed about a hundred civillian units scattered around the small village and surrounding area. after the blast and radiation vanished i took a trip over there, found lots of dead bodies around the outside, but the village was destroyed and there where no signs of any bodies left in the town. they where vaporized. it would be great if you could get the trees to knock over too. concrete, steel and brick will fall but wood and leaves stay standing lol

i need to figure it out how to knock trees out, its kinda tricky, but maibe we can make it, if anyone got any ideeas, that will be great

So, I want to make a mission where a BLUFOR squad moves into a town, and after a certain amount of time they "discover" a nuclear device (editor-placed Storage Crate). I got the script to work so that after that trigger times out the nuke is activated, but I was wondering if there was a way to have the nuke already on the ground and after a certain amount of time it explodes, or when activated by a trigger.

Add this to damage.sqs and trees will suffer! :P

_array = (nearestObjects [CMTarget,[], 400]) - ((getPos CMTarget) nearObjects 400)

{_x setdammage ((getdammage _x) + 1.0)} forEach _array

Ahh, DTM2801, I just popped off to check how I'd made it happen and you beat me to it.. I was playing around with a very simple explosion and found that this did the trick:

{_x setdamage 1} foreach nearestObjects [bang, [], 500]

If I declared an "All" between the [] the fences and trees would remain. Leaving it blank like that was an accident on my behalf.. I also noticed that on my PC it seems to cause destruction in a spiral pattern, if you watch what happens carefully.

madine are u saying that your line is actualy the simplified DTM lines of knocking trees out?

If so, did u test it?

and another thing, lets say we can make trees go down, lets say for the 300 m -500 m range but we can also make the delete from 300 m to 0 m, meaning that the first 300 m range there will be no trees, i think that will be nice, i will test it out tomorow and publish it again

Edited by lucilk

The reason the code combination nearObjects is used to substract from nearestObjects is to ensure the command is only executed on objects not found by nearobject as already used in damage.sqs.

To remove trees you could hide them with {DeleteCollection}, the downside of this command is that objects remain hidden until the game map is fully reloaded (a bit annoying when testing).

Anyway this is what I added to damage.sqs in the test I ran:

above nearobjects "All" - deletes (hide) trees

_array = (nearestObjects [CMTarget,[], 300]) - ((getPos CMTarget) nearObjects 300)
{DeleteCollection _x} forEach _array

below first delay ~2 - damage trees

_array = (nearestObjects [CMTarget,[], 500]) - ((getPos CMTarget) nearObjects 500)
{_x setdammage ((getdammage _x) + 1.0)} forEach _array

Edited by DTM2801

Where and how to change radius of a fiery sphere and a smoke of this bomb? It is very necessary! Help please!

well, the damage sphere is in damgae.sqs but the smoke is in nuke.sqf somwhere in there is a line with the smoke particles effects,you need to play around those to change the smoke.

What you see with "top" tag those are the fire particles, and there are 2 smoke efects, 1 for the cone and 1 for the area smoke.

try it out

DTM i will try out your lines, thank you

madine are u saying that your line is actualy the simplified DTM lines of knocking trees out?

If so, did u test it?

and another thing, lets say we can make trees go down, lets say for the 300 m -500 m range but we can also make the delete from 300 m to 0 m, meaning that the first 300 m range there will be no trees, i think that will be nice, i will test it out tomorow and publish it again

Yeah, it's essentially a simplified version of DTM's code, except that it takes everything out, not just trees and fences. I'm teaching myself how to script, and this came up as part of a "big bomb" example I wrote for myself. I'm also having a play with the cruise missile that's buried in Arma2.

Edited by madine75

that looks quite impressive...one question. why does it look terrible for the first few seconds at night. is that how the effect works or are your graphics down or what. I only ask this because my mission is a night mission and the video gave the nighttime detonation a bad taste

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

okay i give up...i am totally lost in how to make this work, call me whatever you want but i need some help. I cannot make this work.

also, i want to get the mushroom cloud and wave effects out of this. could someone tell me where those are. and also how to put it into a pre existing nuke

Vino, i dont realy know why the night nuke test is so bad, i have my settings somehere on medium, the thing is that he changes some things when it detonates, like bright and contrast of the entire game graphics, so i think that might be, another thing is that if you want to make changes in the way the nuke looks, get like 6 hours free and give it a try is very time consuming on testing, and all settings are in nuke.sqf, called: con, top1, top2, smoke.... etc.

This is a beta realease so it will have some bugs and some visual disadvantages, with the feedback you guys gave me i will make it better

hey, i noticed that when the nuke goes off more than a certain distance (i was on utes and nuked USS Khe Sahn) and i could see no shroom or blast wave. there was no sound either. why is the nuke effect not appearing at distance?

There is a 2500m visibility limit currently in A2, you probably were further away. The sound range is normally part of the weapon ( ammo ) configuration.

I've had that problem before, just have to be closer. Is there some lines of script that can be changed to increase the radius of the sound? Would be great.