Sign in to follow this  
dissaifer

HALO insertion Parachute jerkiness

In the training and whenever there is a parachute opening. As soon as the parachute opens the screen basically jumps all over the place. It is like the the camera is jumping up and down in first and third person.

If there is a bug fix for this can someone tell me? I looked back 20 pages and didn't see anything in this section.

Does it settle down after a while? Does it happen every time? Going from terminal velocity to a glide is bound to be jerky, although I don't think they built in the effects of a drogue chute at all. Once your (steerable) chute is open, it should be a smooth ride down.

Does it settle down after a while? Does it happen every time? Going from terminal velocity to a glide is bound to be jerky, although I don't think they built in the effects of a drogue chute at all. Once your (steerable) chute is open, it should be a smooth ride down.

I don't use the HALO anymore because of this (and some other issues). It needs a little work and is definitely no friend of epileptics :p

Eth

Edited by BangTail

@tcp every time... deploy parachute and screen jumping. Nothing is smooth about it. It is almost as weird as parachuting from airplanes and it looks like you are being jerked around but going no where. I'd wish they'd fix these.